Current state of demonology PVP [BFA]

Warlock
Just a small introduction. I've Been playing Demonology since cataclysm in Arena/RBG, achieved multiple gladiators/hota/r1 as it and I have seen changes to the spec for the better and the worse.

First i'd like to say, that i'm happy with demonology from a PvE perspective, it sure has been an improvement compared to legion. But, I and many others (from the pvp community) are a bit let down with its current state in pvp, mainly since we lost doom as baseline (and has been reworked) and demonwrath. These were two spells that were essential to our playstyle in pvp since the big change in legion, both of them had big impact for sustainability when we had to kite. Now demonology feels very awkward and gimmicky in situations when you are focused/targeted, eventhough with the new mechanics with Demonic core/power siphon, which are supposed to be tools to be able to deal with this. Doom has also had it's rework, and in no way does it feel impactful, even when not having to deal with no decurses, it feels very insignificant. Also we've had a talent (honor), singe magic since launch of legion, which has had no use because for it to have an effect you have to summon an imp, and losing a felguard which is much more sufficient in pvp situations because of its mobility, defensive/hp pool and utility (axe toss, mortal cleave), it has a much bigger impact than what an imp has to offer in pvp.

I'd like to propose a few ideas:

Singe Magic, make it not be required to have an imp out, but increase the cooldown of it, because otherwise it would be too powerful for PvP.

Doom dispell protection which we did have in WOD (pvp set bonus), where it granted demonic fury if it was dispelled, but in this case it refunds a soulshard or summons a demon to fight for you.

Demonwrath as a honor talent, i'm sure a lot of people would be happy if we had this ability back as an option (read at top).

Master summoner now instantly casts Demonic Tyrant and dreadstalkers.

Fel Lord currently feels very underwhelming, Many probably wouldn't mind if it was at 10-15% per hit at this point, it has big outplay potential i.e ccing it, peaking in and out to bait cleave...

Call Observer's Range and hp pool increased, is something that could be looked at.

I'm sure I have many other ideas in mind, and these were just some that came to mind now and i'm going to constantly update it. Hopefully others would like to share what they have to say about demonology in its current state or warlock class in general.

Thanks.
I don't see no rank1
BFA PVP Demonology Feedback

Who am I? S5 S6 S7 (?) Legion Glad that exclusively played demo lock

Im giving feedback as someone who is playing demo mostly in rated 2v2 and 3v3 and therefore im focusing on those brackets.

Problems in my opinion:

As a spec has to kite a lot in order to surrive and win games, the removal of demonwrath and doom as baseline spells are really hurting demo locks in pvp. Demonwrath AND Doom made you able to have decent damage and soulshard generation while beeing able to kite and line your opponents. The revamped demolock needs to hardcast nearly everything, which makes him very vulnerable if he gets tunneled by double meeles. In addition to having to hardcast most of his spells, the removal of the reduced lockout is hurting this spec disproportionately.

Another problem I see is the lost tankiness with the removal of soul skin trait.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=218567/soul-skin. As a spec that has a decent amount of abilities that he has to hardcast (everything in bfa), its mandatory to be tanky.

The next thing I want to point out is, that demo lock is the only dps specc in the game that has no baseline interrupt/silence. That means we have to use one out of our three honortalents for our "Call Felhunter" ability which leaves us with only two other honrotalents choices.

While adressing problems with honortalents, I also want to mention that we have honortalents since the start of Legion, which are completly useless. And for some reason they made their way into BFA.

For example:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=212623/singe-magic
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=212618/pleasure-through-pain
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221711/essence-drain

While I understand that there is more to PvP than 2v2 and 3v3, there is still no scenario where those talents could find use.
Gonna quote Sosseri here because he explained it pretty good recently

"You always wanted a felguard because it brought most utility, imp is very vulnerable, does less damage single because it has to be in line in order to do damage and has no cleave, it is stationaire compared to felguard and much weaker defensivly so you're bothered keeping it alive for whole match and it's easy to outplay i.e covering debuffs/cross ccing it"

Same goes for your succubus.

While I understand why affliction locks have that honortalent, I cant see a reason why demo locks have it. Drain Life is not in our dps rotation and makes no sense to press besides in very clutch situations, where you can probably use it for 1-2 seconds but for sure not for a longer period of time to keep the DESPELLABLE debuff up. You would lose way too much damage/pressure from it.

Another thing I want to mention is, the possibility of teams to focus on your felguard pet to shut you down completly. We have seen it happen multiple times in recent tournaments. It shouldnt be a win condition for an enemy team to 2 shot your pet and tunnel you afterwards while stopping your pet resummon 15 times in a row. Scenarios like this are obvious very unfun and unhealthy for the gaming experience.

Solutions:

1) Bring back Demonwrath as a Honortalent. This way it wont have any impact on PvE but gives PvP'ers a high value ability back, that made the spec very enjoyable to play. The reimplementation of that ability would fix a lot of problems, BFA demo locks have at the moment

2) Change Doom back to how it used to be, make it deal damage after ~14 seconds again instead of 30 seconds (atleast in PvP).

3) Implement a Honortalent that gives your Pet special passive abilities like a slow for example. That would be an easy way to give players the chance to have an individual playstyle and to adjust to different comps.

4) Masters Summoner Honortalent should be a bit different to the PvE Talent Demonic Calling, therefore I suggest changing the Honortalent in a way it also makes other spells profit from it. For example: Call Dreadstalkers + Summon Demonic Tyrant are instant spells if you choose to play with Masters Summoner.

5) While tuning, dont forget about Call Observer and Call Fel Lord please. Those two Honortalents, what are supposed to be our strongest demons, are hitting like wet noodles at the moment (Observer is doing so since Legion S3) and feel very underwhelming and unrewarding even too pick.

Those were just some quick thoughts about demo and its current state.

thank you for your attention to this matter

I'm multi gladiator as demonology warlock.

My friends @Sosseri and @Spec wrote almost all about the demonology warlocks and what is the problem of it in BFA but in my opinion they forgot about one important thing. Legion was expansion where mechanicly classes were easy to play but as the demonology warlocks we had one of the most skillful spell ever, artifact. It was easy to use but not easy to get big hit. Reason why it was so skillful is simple. We had to track how many pets we have and how much hp they have. Also getting big hit required using many spells before using artifact.

Now in BFA I feel I don't have anything to burst someone down. Here I want to let you know that I dont want to press 1 keybind to get someone down from 100 to 0. I just want to get something which requires skill. Our burst cds are gone. Only "services" left.
PvP BFA demo feedback.

Kill

Me

Please.
Mglad demo player here for the memes!

Current demo is not a pvp spec. You don't have a single ability that isn't a hard cast, this only works with classes that have a lot of mobility and/or insane burst dmg and can literally 1shot something when they can cast once. Lock in general is pretty trashy right now, none of the specs feels right, but demo might be the worst spec in the whole game, atleast for pvp.

If this goes live only Walle will be high rated on lock.
: ^)
Everyone please observe the correct playstyle of warlock in PvP

https://plays.tv/video/5b5ee5bbb3dbde0c71/official-game-not-beta-
I just want Demonwrath back, not as an honour talent, but fully baseline. It's such a good, useful spell for PVE and PVP.
Demonology needs more casts. Respeccing to Demonology needs to be a 60 seconds cast.
It feels soo clunky to play without Demonwrath

Also getting baseline Shadowfury makes no sense, replace with baseline port please :(
01/08/2018 19:06Posted by Spegeln

Also getting baseline Shadowfury makes no sense, replace with baseline port please :(

Clunky is a bull !@#$ overused noob word that doesn't make any sense anymore. It's not clunky, not even a little bit. It's just %^-*.

Whenever someone says clunky, I just assume that they're far too !@#$ to work out how to even bother with playing a spec. Apparently Legion demo was clunky... no, it wasn't.

Spell casters SHOULD cast, maybe not everything, but still... Casters ACTUALLY %^-*ING CASTING IS NOT OLD FASHIONED!
01/08/2018 19:22Posted by Atriohm

Clunky is a bull !@#$ overused noob word that doesn't make any sense anymore. It's not clunky, not even a little bit. It's just %^-*.

Whenever someone says clunky, I just assume that they're far too !@#$ to work out how to even bother with playing a spec. Apparently Legion demo was clunky... no, it wasn't.

Spell casters SHOULD cast, maybe not everything, but still... Casters ACTUALLY %^-*ING CASTING IS NOT OLD FASHIONED!

People like this really who have no idea what "constructive criticism" means are honestly such a shame to see on the forums.

Problem was legion demo usually had to roleplay a static turret and freecast for 3x longer than any other caster to build up their burst, sam went for PvE. So it was pretty clunky.
Clunky is a bull !@#$ overused noob word

Can we all just agree here that Clunky actually means something. To everyone, it literally means Cunky which translates to slow, heavy feeling playstyle with big gaps in between spell casts/ ability usage while you wait for shards.

Clunky literally means slow and heavy and that is what this spec feels like.

Get over it. Just because you heard blizz say once that they don't understand what the word means during damage control, they knew what we meant. Everyone knows what we mean.
I'm not as experienced warlock as you guys, I'm that reroller derp and barely got Darkshore pvp experience...

But personally I feel that Demonic Tyrant should remain casted ability, should be easy enough to get out with little setup, we got so many short CCs to play with anyway. maybe make it more powerful / AI smarter and easier not to LoS etc.

One buff that comes to mind if make rogues chill a bit :P

Mostly a well timed fake-cast or Resolve has been enough to get casts out, even on several enemies, to the point it would be silly if I could fight back THAT powerfully when focused 4v1.

BIggest problem I've noticed that 30-yard casts have never felt so short, people have stupidly much movement and there's no slowing effect! Burning Rush is great and all but it gets really heavy on HP... but more importantly pets are slow af at moving, felbro stuck everywhere and getting stun on CD without attempting it, pets follow a target running away for miles while I'm trying to fight another guy... and while chasing deathcoil into fear or sometimes axe toss (if pet hasn't derped out yet) feels super expensive to merely catch a guy.
Not sure where I'd apply a slowing effect, I think Felbro has enough going on with him already... maybe Vilefiend (even tho I don't play it myself) or dogs Dreadbite, maybe hand of guldan... or make target slower by 4% for each imp after him? x)

I would agree with PvP talents mostly tho. Observer range needs a bit of extra, and the other pet spells should be like the Felhunter one, on-call temporary pet instantly banging out the powerful spell. There's only so many pvp talent slots so I'd like to see the choices more interesting.

I also agree on the sentiment that Felbro is very vulnerable to any damage. Summoning him back is fast enough but without a soulshard it's super annoying, but I guess a skilled warlock would take that into consideration. In arena however I can see the warlock not getting it out without the help of friends, but problem is it dies again.

Still, somehow I feel like most posters here think too much about how the PvP would be if prepatch demo was against Legion builds of other characters, pruning happened to others aswell.

Imo, numbers will dictate the rest. Demo is really nearly very functional spec, while being very dynamic and probly high risk-high reward spec in the end.

2.6k Lock, can completly agree to anything mentioned above by my warlock friends :)

Please somethign needs to be done!!!

You reffering to the time where the casters fillers aka Frostbolt for exaple removed 1/4 of your hp? and even up to 40% with colddowns. An melee had a lower amount of mobility to catch up.
Main problem is blizzard doesn't see any problem.
i don't play warlock much but i really miss demonwrath because it was really great for doing transmog runs in old raids with.
Hi everyone ! I’m not multi glad but I enjoy to play Demonology pvp, I play Demonology since TBC and in this moment the spec is so trash I can’t kill nothing in arena or rated bg I’m a free kill for everyone!
So Blizzard pls turn back the beauty of Demonology spec I hope someone read this from developer and I hope to do something. Have a nice day and play the spec with pleasure!
05/11/2018 17:07Posted by Tragikomix
Hi everyone ! I’m not multi glad but I enjoy to play Demonology pvp, I play Demonology since TBC and in this moment the spec is so trash I can’t kill nothing in arena or rated bg I’m a free kill for everyone!
So Blizzard pls turn back the beauty of Demonology spec I hope someone read this from developer and I hope to do something. Have a nice day and play the spec with pleasure!

This!!! Let's go on twitter and tell them "Bring back MoP/WoD Demonology!"
If a lot of players do that, mby they will hear us.