'Sylvanas Is a Brilliant Strategist.'

Story
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
What an asspull. The Horde is not unraveling. Yes Saurfang turned into a jackass overnight but from the looks of it everyone else is on board except Baine who's a spineless dweeb.

>One of your faction leaders literally left
>Baine is still buddies with Anduin
>Lor'themar's loyalty is questionable at best
>Gallywix cares about money and thats it
>Allying with Zandalari who have only ever stabbed people in the back
>Ji Firepaw might as well not exist
>You dont even have the Kor'kron anymore
31/07/2018 18:24Posted by Nightwarden
RIP Sylvanas: 2004-2018

Your character that built the Forsaken as underdogs will sorely be missed.

"Death to the living"
31/07/2018 18:26Posted by Hawk
Guess the Alliance will have to make Exodar their port of call until the fire burns out.

Yeah. Or, the Alliance can steamroll over Undercity, since she has no bargaining chip left. Imagine that?
Can’t retaliate without Azerite dude.

Have you seen what that stuff can do!?!

I got some Azerite lotion the other day.
Rubbed it where the sun don’t shine and BLAM!!!
Forgot all about Garrosh no more.
31/07/2018 18:26Posted by Ahtuno
What an asspull. The Horde is not unraveling. Yes Saurfang turned into a jackass overnight but from the looks of it everyone else is on board except Baine who's a spineless dweeb.

>One of your faction leaders literally left
>Baine is still buddies with Anduin
>Lor'themar's loyalty is questionable at best
>Gallywix cares about money and thats it
>Allying with Zandalari who have only ever stabbed people in the back
>Ji Firepaw might as well not exist
>You dont even have the Kor'kron anymore

1. Yeah, Saurfang the jackass. We pointed that out.
2. So? Baine is a snorefest Blizz won't be making him Warchief.
3. The belfs ain't going anywhere especially after the Alliance gave them the finger.
4. War = $$$. If anything Gallywix is Sylvanas fan #2 after Nathanos.
5. Yeah lol @ pandaren
6. Yeah we do
31/07/2018 18:29Posted by Daumier
Can’t retaliate without Azerite dude.

Have you seen what that stuff can do!?!

I got some Azerite lotion the other day.
Rubbed it where the sun don’t shine and BLAM!!!
Forgot all about Garrosh no more.

So Azerite is like the new Sha Power yah?

31/07/2018 18:26Posted by Ahtuno
Lor'themar's loyalty is questionable at best

It was questionable when he had an entire Horde kingdom between him and the Alliance, its just him and the Alliance now.
31/07/2018 18:19Posted by Hawk
31/07/2018 18:16Posted by Cheerobase
Sssh, don't give them ideas. I do not want it to be worse than it already is.

Sargeras was a Dreadlord.

Sylvanas died pre-Cata and it is actually Garrosh in disguise.
"And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids"
31/07/2018 17:45Posted by Renaerys
That said, what kind of moron taunts their conquerer when they have nothing left to defend with and the civilians all survived.

Even IF Sylvanas is everything the alliance believe (lets assume she is, 100%), that makes the taunt even more ridiculous, because your peoples lives are literally riding on your ability to shut the hell up, and you failed them.

The taunt wasn't ridiculous. With the burning tree it should be impossible to bring back any of the civillians as undead (unless Nelf skeletons are fireproof), and also the Horde can't fully plunder Darnassus as the fire would spread pretty fast.
If after this Blizzard wont unleash Tyrande on killer path without any mercy, i don't know, what in their heads is.
If after this, NE still remain same-"uh oh, i don't wanna kill you, but i must"
Well, this is the trully end for NE.
A post on MMO-champion forums:

I think this means the Alliance actually have to go in and completely destroy the Horde now. The Horde produced an evil leader in Garrosh once, it was dealt with, and fences were mended. But now its happened TWICE. You can't continue to defeat an enemy, only to allow them to rebuild and follow yet another villain to attack you. The Alliance has to destroy the entire horde infrastructure and never allow it to come back. They have to tear down Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon. If they don't, the story just doesn't make sense because that is how it would actually play out.

This makes sense, what do you guys think? Remember Varians promise to Vol'Jin during Siege of Orgrimmar when they defeated Garrosh.
31/07/2018 18:41Posted by Androme

I think this means the Alliance actually have to go in and completely destroy the Horde now. The Horde produced an evil leader in Garrosh once, it was dealt with, and fences were mended. But now its happened TWICE. You can't continue to defeat an enemy, only to allow them to rebuild and follow yet another villain to attack you. The Alliance has to destroy the entire horde infrastructure and never allow it to come back. They have to tear down Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon. If they don't, the story just doesn't make sense because that is how it would actually play out.

This makes sense, what do you guys think? Remember Varians promise to Vol'Jin during Siege of Orgrimmar when they defeated Garrosh.

I do.

I also remember Lor'themar's look over towards Sylvanas when Vol'jin was made Warchief. A distrustful look might I add.

Now, that's all retconned because hey, Lorthy was Sylvanas' second in command in life, so what the hey...nevermind what I thought after Garrosh was dealt with...we're all pals here!
31/07/2018 18:41Posted by Androme

Times have definitely changed. King Varian was determined to not let the Horde get away with another scenario akin to Garrosh's reign. But what is left of King Varian now? Ashes. Nothing more.

His son, King Anduin, rules now. And while he is certainly strong-willed, I doubt that he will end the Horde like his father would've. Especially given his friendship with Baine, and the fact that he was frightened that Varian would dismantle the Horde at the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar. In fact, when Varian ordered his troops to accompany him and confront the Horde leaders, Anduin, with a scared tone and an appalled and confused expression, asked him "Father... What are you doing?!".
She trusted a Dreadlord and made him her closest advisor. And that's how the Wrathgate happened.
Truly brilliant, I must say.
Well, I never really believed that they would just repeat the same stupid story again, but here we are. At this point I really wonder what the Horde is supposed to be now? The weapon of a crazy zombie Windrunner? Seriously. With this little movie they pretty much killed the Horde.

I would really switch over to an Alliance main now, but I've been a Blood Elf Fan since Warcraft 3. But first they kill Kael'thas in the most ridiculous fashion and now they keep our race in a Horde lead by yet another contender for worst super villain in WoW.

Great stroy, really...

Stopped reading here.

You must be a child, like still doing your homework level child, to play a Horde character and honestly, with a straight face, sit there and call Saurfang a jackass.
31/07/2018 18:15Posted by Teqkilla
31/07/2018 18:09Posted by Ahtuno

She could've took a city, its resources, maybe even enslaved the populace for cheap labour. Burning Teldrassil was a stupid thing to do.

The Horde is unravelling as we speak, Varok is leaving and half of your other leaders would jump ship at the drop of a hat.

It makes zero sense for any horde leader to be on board with what she did.
31/07/2018 18:56Posted by Ahtuno

Stopped reading here.

You must be a child, like still doing your homework level child, to play a Horde character and honestly, with a straight face, sit there and call Saurfang a jackass.

I dont really get it, why are people hard on Saurfang. With his background and having some empathy you can imagine someone like him getting sick of it
one other thing, she might have thought what she did was brilliant, but she might at same time have let the old gods loose, that was the only world tree standing that had never been destroyed yet.

all the rest have at one point been destroyed.

Nordrassil, is still standing but it aint got the power and it has been devasted and lost it´s power once, and never got all power back.

Teldrassil is now burnt down, so it is destroyed now.

Andrassil, was cut down in Grizzly hills.

Shaladrassil first world tree to exist, is corrupted buy the emerald night mare.

one in ungoro crater whit no name, also corupted buy the nightmare.

that is five if you rember what II´gyonoth said, five torches to light our path, this doesnt need to meen all of the trees needs to burn but maby they need to be destroyed.
31/07/2018 17:46Posted by Obrak
Yep, she just threw a very valid and planned assault over petty spite.

Wonder how much of it was a knee-jerk reaction and how much was about sending a message.
Given her recent portrayal under Golden, I’m leaning more towards the first.
But maybe it’s just me and my current disappointment regarding Blizzards story.

Shame.

I would argue the knee-jerk reaction was a result of her anger because she tried to send a message and they basically taunted her. They should have accepted defeat and stand down to spare the lives of as many people as possible. It's obvious they wasn't going to stop a full on assault from orcs and undead when the majority of their army was floating in the middle of the sea.
31/07/2018 19:27Posted by Renaerys
I would argue the knee-jerk reaction was a result of her anger because she tried to send a message and they basically taunted her. They should have accepted defeat and stand down to spare the lives of as many people as possible. It's obvious they wasn't going to stop a full on assault from orcs and undead when the majority of their army was floating in the middle of the sea

that was the nelf navy, not their full army, that is still chilling in feralas, the navy never got that far down before they turned back.