Open Horde discussion on Sylvanas

General
Hi Horde!

So I've seen alot of these posts where horde are arguing between each other about being "evil" or "good".

I gotta admit that I did'nt think there would be so much negativity (NA/EU forums, who knows how China is doing.?)
And twitter messages (hench WoW story writer getting threats sent to her" etc.

I feel that we all should have a group meeting or something with those of you who doubt, not having these alliance rats jumping in every now and then just to cause more disturbance.

Long story short:
Our next mission is BFA, Horde vs Alliance, the best vs the scond best, David vs Goliath - the list goes on forever.

Conclusion
SOMEONE, had to be the first faction to take the bullet to start it all, and most of us knows that we (the horde) don't care that much if we're the one throwing gas on the fire.

Sure, Sylvanas killed some people with a cold heart. but......
C'mon, really?
You're suprised that Sylvanas, S-Y-L-V-A-N-A-S burnt down a city? "cold hearted"?
really?

I say S**t happends, lets make the best out of it.

EDIT: If Sylvanas become a raid boss then yes, I would be mad because that's pushing it to far.
BUT I've heard (what I believe to be solid rumours) Sylvanas will not become a raid boss. The Old Gods are gonna sweep the carpet at the end.
Last time a Horde leader destroyed a city, a civil war ensued.

But I guess that's ok, cuz she got big mama boobs.
A lot of people doesnt get that the horde are savage brutes going for might makes right.
Its become clear now.
An alliance leader will never be a protagonist of a conflict
Horde leader = warmonger by default.

Jaina went Awol in a very bad way. they could have quite easily started this expansion with her launching a full scale attack on the UC/Brill etc. It would have given the story a lot more depth that in currently does.

the really depressing thing about this. anyone who's played through the Brill/silverpine quest chain knows the importance of the forsakens survial for Sylvanas. All thats been dropped (just like that big death star space ship the alliance have that could end this in 10 minutes flat).

she's lost everything that was supposed to be important for her, And for what?
How I feel right now Classic wow has never looked more attractive
I made a thread detailing why Sylvanas is a problem: It's not just Teldrassil, but, as I explain in my extensive post, the Battle of Lordaeron.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17621572296?page=1

Sylvanas is the enemy of the Horde, far more so than the Alliance.
01/08/2018 20:31Posted by Egil
Suuuure, Sylvanas killed some people with a cold heart. but......

That's my whole problem with this. She didn't. She killed them and burned the tree because she was *not* cold hearted enough. If she really were the night elf's comment wouldn't have affected her. And that's how it should have been.

I just hope BfA won't end up with another SoO like raid. I don't want another faction leader to be a raid boss. That's so lazy.
All's fair in love & "WAR"

reset your safeword to "please not the matches Sylvanas"
01/08/2018 20:47Posted by Brujeria

That's my whole problem with this. She didn't. She killed them and burned the tree because she was *not* cold hearted enough. If she really were the night elf's comment wouldn't have affected her. And that's how it should have been.

I just hope BfA won't end up with another SoO like raid. I don't want another faction leader to be a raid boss. That's so lazy.

Exactly
they now want us to believe she's doing all this from emotional rage
She's one of the most complex characters in the Game
and her actions in the cinematic just dont connect with the character
players get to know as they level in both silverpine and Western plaguelands
Ofc they will not put Sylvanaa as raid boss but i am afraid Jaina's hatred towards horde will drive her insane and we will kill her in theramore raid.

Well Sylvanas burned tree and what? Wars are brutal. Atm we think we have defeated our greatess enemy legion. What is left if not good old faction war? Horde decided to strike first. Someone had too. Maybe Sylvanas is paranoid a little?

Until next great threat that will bring both factions together... even after what happend we will have to stand together. Saurfang could have killed malf. They left us chance for peace with new warchief.
Well I never loved Aylvanas before, but now thats a leader to follow. Based on her dialogue with Saurfang when he wounded Malfurion, She prooved herself.

She basicly said that the horde is important to her and worth saving.

I dont see theproblem with burning that tree. She did it to crush the enemys hope, not because of rage. Its a war and Sylvanas is ahead of her enemies. She stroke first because she trusts no alliance. Never forget that Anduin is srill a kiddo and might lose his leadership easily.
01/08/2018 20:55Posted by Suffering
Well I never loved Aylvanas before, but now thats a leader to follow. Based on her dialogue with Saurfang when he wounded Malfurion, She prooved herself.

I dont see theproblem with burning that tree. She did it to crush the enemys hope, not because of rage. Its a war and Sylvanas is ahead of her enemies. She stroke first because she trusts no alliance. Never forget that Anduin is srill a kiddo and might lose his leadership easily.

Well said, some people simply lose themselves in little details far too easilly.

If the entire buildup and story itself was stronger
could actually understand her actions a lot better.
Know a fair number feel differently but this is the 1st
expansion since I started playing in 2005, Just feel isnt strong enough.

the throwback from this is by far the worst I can remeber even the popular you tube faces are having serious doubts over the direction.
01/08/2018 20:47Posted by Brujeria

I could'nt agree more.
Savage brutes are something different. Victory or death is different from "death to the living". Living are most of the Horde as well. She betrays her own people. Story so far is silly and disappointing. She had some great reasoning in Legion now she lacks the goals. And this is disappointing because Dark Lady original design as a treacherous zombie queen was fantastic. She was smart and deadly - now she is only deadly. Blend and boring.

[/quote]
You missed the whole part about destroying Life. Horde is now only the tool for her to exact revenge on the Old Wolf and the living. Which is also the most of the Horde. If she managed to destroy Alliance next would be internal targets - orcs, trolls and so - to kill them and ressurect. She cares nothing about the Horde. It's a tool. She went from interesting leader to silly stupid another end game boss.
01/08/2018 20:39Posted by Lucaan
A lot of people doesnt get that the horde are savage brutes going for might makes right.

the horde is meant to be savage and brutal.

but their at least in my opinion should be an aspect of honor in it.

the horde has a long and bloody history of mass murder and destruction.
honor is what should keep it from once again using the bones of men, women and children has pavement for roads.
like it was walking on a blades edge between brutal carnage and honorable actions.
i have yet to see any signs of it other the Varok but he is leaving soon.

i personally dont like how emo chick has handle things either. the burning of the world tree seems like a waste of resources. the nelf captain even says there was no military presence their yet we just burn it all of what? bad PR instead of taking it? their is alot of wood in that thing and Darnassus is the capital of the night elves. their is bound to be riches in it.

then their is the whole thing with emo chick and the war against life. like every other faction then forsaken is alive and wants to stay alive yet not a word was said. no backfire, whispering in the corners or anything yet when garrosh came, he was hated on from day one. why is emo chick going free when garrosh didnt even before he really did anything out of the ordinary?

i dont know. maybe im just not horde aka kids show evil enough but i am not impressed with the story so far.
01/08/2018 21:03Posted by Riversong

the throwback from this is by far the worst I can remeber even the popular you tube faces are having serious doubts over the direction.

Just saying this is also the first expansion without Metzen. He was influential in game design from my beloved Tides of Darkness till Legion. Without him i don't think we can expect same level of quality of the story.
01/08/2018 21:24Posted by Vez
01/08/2018 21:03Posted by Riversong

Just saying this is also the first expansion without Metzen. He was influential in game design from my beloved Tides of Darkness till Legion. Without him i don't think we can expect same level of quality of the story.

Its lacking something.
considering we are losing pretty much all the forsaken homeland
and NE's

doing Dailies to collect 10 chunks or meat. and kill 10 crazed bears
isn't really adding to the importance of BFA. these dailies should really be ramping up the importance they play.

the legion invasions really did get you a sense what was coming.
those people who havent played the UC scenario yet are in for some more shocks
to see just how poor some of the horde leaders are (bloodhoof) running around
like a level 3 newbie just blindly accepting her orders.
01/08/2018 20:37Posted by Jandi

Last time a Horde leader destroyed a city, a civil war ensued.

But I guess that's ok, cuz she got big mama boobs.

Maybe that's because he openly wanted to commit genocide on the races of the Horde? Exiled some, killed a faction leader (consequences doesn't matter since he went to Mak'gora with intent to kill him), tried to kill another one and used Kor'kron against the Horde.

No, it was not Theramore that sparked the civil war. And comparing Theramore to Teldrassil, well, nope.
I really hope that she would be a raid boss, not because for just having another warchief raid boss but because I hate her and want her the worst for her and I wish she would die.