Respect for Tyrande = Lost.

Story
people say she should've asked Elune to help her.

The thing is Elune is not under Tyranda's controll Elune desides her self when to step in or not. And if she steps in she steps in VIA Tyranda and her priestesses. So She would not have ben sure whether or not Elune would come to aid.

And she did now know the tree would get burnt. The alliance fleet was supposedly one its way. But would've arrived to late.

Cause of the Hatred for Hope and Life Sylvana's has.
The fact that she decides to leave the battle isn't as stupid as her "battle is lost, let's make the occupation bearable" attitude. The place is a huge tree, if you ever tried to fly from Darnassus to Rut'theran Village instead of using the teleport, you know how high it is.

By all accounts it should be impossible to take - if you try to climb the trunk, defenders will throw stuff on your head. You could try airdrops, good luck parachuting through trees and archers. And sieging the place is impossible as well, they grow their own food and have water sources.

The city was hardly lost cause and all of this is just another example of poor BfA storywriting.
she made the logical choice live to fight another day even if she had went to darnassus there was nothing she could have done elune is truely a useless goddess
02/08/2018 20:13Posted by Sepheris
she made the logical choice live to fight another day even if she had went to darnassus there was nothing she could have done elune is truely a useless goddess

That's true.

My Highborne Night Elf Ranger puts her faith in her own ability with a bow.

I'm currently writing a short story for her and how her faith in the goddess is questionable, but also fighting the Horde in the Southern reaches of Darkshore.
I just got bored of her running around screaming about her beloved.
Tyrande was a great leader and warrior once. but they seem to have reduced her to the comedy stand in, and quite inconsistent as well as somehow unfathomable.
02/08/2018 19:46Posted by Tamesis

The thing is Elune is not under Tyranda's controll Elune desides her self when to step in or not. And if she steps in she steps in VIA Tyranda and her priestesses. So She would not have ben sure whether or not Elune would come to aid.

And she did now know the tree would get burnt. The alliance fleet was supposedly one its way. But would've arrived to late.

I'm sure this would've been the greatest moment for Elune to step in and assist.....
02/08/2018 22:20Posted by Fedlinoahek
I'm sure this would've been the greatest moment for Elune to step in and assist.....

"Elune mind helping a bit?" -Tyrande.
Rays of moonlight smite the demolishers and put a protective shield over Darnassus.
"Thanks." -Tyrande.

Nah the super powerful deity-protector can't interfere in mortal matters. Nobody bothered calling her so she was busy watching netflix instead.
02/08/2018 22:20Posted by Fedlinoahek
02/08/2018 19:46Posted by Tamesis

Couldn't agree more. But I think with all these things it seems Elune does not interfere in Warfare only when it seems like the World we all live in will be lost. like in Legion. Its always hard what the moral codes of gods are like. Or to understand that why faith is won and lost....