Disc priest damage is out of control.

Arenas
A healer should not do that much damage. Thanks for listening.
yep it's because garbage design. when they nerf disc damage and atonement healing priest will be bad as it has pretty poor healing overall. shields don't do much and shadow mend is just a mediocre heal that can get locked.
Everything is out of control in pvp at the moment, from the point where you get 100 to 0 in 2 seconds by a 1 2 backpedal rogue, add a dpriest to that and get 2.2 2.4 in a offseason by the way, active season ended 1 week and a half ago and they still let people abuse these things. What a joke.
27/07/2018 15:29Posted by Dameg
yep it's because garbage design. when they nerf disc damage and atonement healing priest will be bad as it has pretty poor healing overall. shields don't do much and shadow mend is just a mediocre heal that can get locked.

Shadow Mend is probably horribly expensive as well, so the spec stands and falls with how good atonement healing is to get the team through into the later stages of the matches.

not necessarily
you can nerf dmg and buff atonement healing at the same time
Or just start interrupting Schism...not that complicated.
27/07/2018 17:06Posted by Whisperer

not necessarily

atonement is already set at 60 % how much you want to buff it?
27/07/2018 18:21Posted by Птнхйло
27/07/2018 17:06Posted by Whisperer
not necessarily

depends how much you want to nerf damage, I just pointed out it's not true that you can't nerf damage because you'd destroy Disco Priest, because he needs atonement healing

that's just wrong

you can nerf damage and buff healing
so if you think he should do 40% less damage, then you nerf damage by 40% and you buff healing from 60% to 100%
if you think he should do 20% less damage, then you nerf damage by 20% and you buff healing from 60% to 75%

simple Math, really
and shadow mend is just a mediocre heal that can get locked.

You know what it heals on my priest? 4700 with atonement up (1800 dot dmg) for 600 mana. You know what FoL heals on my pala with 4ilvl more? 2400-3000 (depending on range to target) for 880 mana.

Sure, pala is an extreme example, but SM is a very strong heal.

Edit: But yeah, disc is a broken design for PvP. The trinity talent does the rest.
27/07/2018 17:13Posted by Keenkey
Or just start interrupting Schism...not that complicated.
You have to be trolling if you don't think disc damage is too high..

Wish they'd do something about it. I actually enjoyed disc in Legion, but I think the peak of playing disc/holy was in MoP for sure. If they'd make the class design like that again, I'd be happier than ever.
What is worse than the actual damage/overtunedness of the classes is the cocky attitude people coming with them.

That was pleasant on the Beta.

80% Rogues which all trashtalk and have the biggest ego, same goes for Discs and other candidates.
Why you'd still insist on doing PVP in pre-patch is beyond me
Blizzard won't do any meaningful balance tuning in pre-patch anyway
They have scheduled to do this when... 1st raid will be about to open?
28/07/2018 01:37Posted by Enyyr
Wish they'd do something about it. I actually enjoyed disc in Legion, but I think the peak of playing disc/holy was in MoP for sure. If they'd make the class design like that again, I'd be happier than ever.

Ehh, disc in MoP felt horrid because every bit utility it used to have baseline was put into glyphs. I'd much rather go back to WotLK disc, maybe without Mana Burn, but then the spec was a bit over-the-top good at that point in time.
I have a feeling that they buffed all healer damage so healers could lvl more easily.

My shaman does more dps in healer spec than in ele
27/07/2018 18:42Posted by Whisperer
27/07/2018 18:21Posted by Птнхйло

depends how much you want to nerf damage, I just pointed out it's not true that you can't nerf damage because you'd destroy Disco Priest, because he needs atonement healing

that's just wrong

you can nerf damage and buff healing
so if you think he should do 40% less damage, then you nerf damage by 40% and you buff healing from 60% to 100%
if you think he should do 20% less damage, then you nerf damage by 20% and you buff healing from 60% to 75%

simple Math, really

What about we reverse disco to mop or wotlk? The curent disco is not fun.
This whole "Lol, wait for 120, then things will get balanced" didn't work. Five minutes ago I have noticed how 3 decently geared dps' hardly killed one disc priest. What are reasons behind cloth wearing fragile priest being the toughest class in the game? Seriously, that's just wrong.
19/08/2018 22:26Posted by Quiber
Five minutes ago I have noticed how 3 decently geared dps' hardly killed one disc priest.

When I play Discipline I find that people often don't know how to counter me.

And if 3 decently-geared dps are unable to kill a Discipline Priest, then it's because they are n00bs.

The way to kill a Discipline Priest is to just beat them until they cast Shadow Mend. Then you interrupt and kill them.

Most often I see dps that interrupt everything from Penance to Smite to Power Word: Radiance, and that's just stupid. If 3 dps were unable to kill a Discipline Priest, I have to assume they fall into this category of players.

All healers are unkillable 1v1, and I'd argue that's how it should be.
Discipline Priests have a bit of an edge over other healers in the sense that they can also kill other players, which most other healers struggle to do.

But 2 dps can easily kill a Discipline Priest, just as they can easily kill any other healer, if they know what they're doing.

So in your example, the 3 dps were clearly just complete idiots who facerolled their keyboard and didn't know what they were doing.
You know Disc is good when they try and roll in you world PvP.
19/08/2018 22:59Posted by Jito
So in your example, the 3 dps were clearly just complete idiots who facerolled their keyboard and didn't know what they were doing.

Agree. I was killing disc priests in 1v1 as feral in prepatch by using pillar. 2v1 against priest should be a cake, if you can't kill disc priest as two dps-players, then you're just straight up bad.

P.S. I was duelling melee classes and, man, they have so many catch up skills + selfheal + defense that it felt so nice to destroy them as disc after playing shadow, where I don't feel in control at all, especially if I misuse one fear.