Where were the Worgen and Draenei in Darkshore?

Story
During the Horde offensive we saw pretty much all Horde races, except allied races, represented. Even the Shatterspear came back for a round 2, which I did like a lot.

However on the Alliance side we only had Night elves and Ancients. But why aren't their Kalimdor partners there to help on the battlefield?
The Worgen also made their home in Teldrassil and the Azuremyst isles are a boat trip away. One of the quest says refugees are headed to the later.

The Worgen were integral in the Ashenvale offensive when Garrosh invaded and the Draenei did send Paladins during the Stontalon mountain campaign.

The only explanations I can think of are the Worgen are reclaiming Gilneas so only a few are on Darnassus while the Exodar lot are still reeling from the Argus campaign.

Anyone else got want to throw their 2 cents?
You are back just when all hell is going down! Perfect, Gorvar...now try to make a story to salvage Sylvanas and the Horde as well? :P

But to answer your question, they chose not to help (which is perfectly ok in the Alliance because each race can willingly choose to intervene to help others or not, and Anduin can't say anything about it), and your guess for them not helping the Night Elves is as good as any other. It's possible both Worgen and Draenei saw that the Night Elves were fighting a losing war eventually and they chose not to waste their own troops just like that in the defense of something that could not be protected against the Horde for long anyway.
01/08/2018 15:10Posted by Velsyana
You are back just when all hell is going down! Perfect, Gorvar...now try to make a story to salvage Sylvanas and the Horde as well? :P

But to answer your question, they chose not to help (which is perfectly ok in the Alliance because each race can willingly choose to intervene to help others or not, and Anduin can't say anything about it), and your guess for them not helping the Night Elves is as good as any other. It's possible both Worgen and Draenei saw that the Night Elves were fighting a losing war eventually and they chose not to waste their own troops just like that in the defense of something that could not be protected against the Horde for long anyway.

Weird in the case of the Worgen since their people life there to...including half the royal family.
There's some worgen druids at Remtravel's Excavation.
But yeah, it's weird
I figured it was made to cushion the Alliance loss, here the night elf player can feel that they themselves and their natural allies wihout any outside aid, stood against the horde in its entirerty and lost.
there were plenty of worgan in the tree.

it might bee al the solider worgen are at the EK right now.
01/08/2018 14:52Posted by Gorvar
During the Horde offensive we saw pretty much all Horde races, except allied races

Because this is a Horde vs Nightelves, not Horde vs Alliance.

However on the Alliance side we only had Night elves and Ancients. But why aren't their Kalimdor partners there to help on the battlefield?
The Worgen also made their home in Teldrassil and the Azuremyst isles are a boat trip away.

The attack was a suprise and did not take 2 weeks like the content was gated. ;)
Nearly all the Worgen of Teldrassil were civilians, same can be said about Draenei, troops of these two races were still in Easten Kingdoms.

We see how Nightelves gather full force of nature, the only ones that were missing were Mountain Giants and Chimeras (because Druids of the Claw ate them)

The Nightelf fleet was on the way to Silithus, it got back in time but there wasn't enough time to help from EK to arrive.

And since there was like 6 races against one we did a pretty good job holding them back as long as we could.
The Worgen were inside the inns drinking their tea.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjdZwA2U8AE8oeE.jpg
Thanks Deed! Enjoyed that explination.
The Gilnean's military forces don't seem to actually act out of Kalimdor, which makes some sense if they're under Genn's direct leadership and he's in Stormwind 99% of the time. Meanwhile, the civilian population of Gilneas refugees just happens to live there.
There actually are a lot of plausible reasons one could come up with. The humans, dwarves and gnomes were too far away to intervene in a timely fashion. The Gilneans were in the east planning a campaign in Gilneas. The Draenei were pre-occupied with the aftermath of what happened on Argus and were unprepared to send aid in any substantial numbers.

And this is just a sample from the top of my head.

Looking at the Horde invasion force we can see that the vast bulk is made up of Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and Tauren. Only in the latter stages there is a small contingent of Blood elves and Forsaken. This would be eminently logical as the bulk of their armies would be at home guarding their holdings.

As for the fighting one could say that the Night elf defenders fared decently well in the initial stages due to the narrow coastline and rough nature of the terrain, the magical might of Malfurion and the awakening of their ancient treant allies. Even then they were forced to retreat north, as Malfurion himself commented.

The arrival of the recalled Darnassian army would have given them a fighting chance were it not that Saurfang had succeeded navigating Felwood, catching the Night elves in a vice and destroying them.

Thinking about it the Night elf casualties are likely to be enormous, considering that apparently only a limited number of Darnassians could be rescued and their army was caught between two pincers. Seeing the aftermath on the beach they were likely severely mauled. I also wonder what is going to happen to the prisoners taken by Saurfang's force.
01/08/2018 22:19Posted by Daltor

You win.
01/08/2018 22:19Posted by Daltor

That would be hilarious if that quest didn't kick me in the feels already.
01/08/2018 15:10Posted by Velsyana
It's possible both Worgen and Draenei saw that the Night Elves were fighting a losing war eventually and they chose not to waste their own troops just like that in the defense of something that could not be protected against the Horde for long anyway.

That makes no sense. We're taking about Worgen here. They are wolves basically and the woods would be perfect for them to fight back along with the Nelves.
We are somehow expected to believe the entire horde army marched though the thick jungles of ashenwale BEFORE the worgen and draenei who live just an island over could muster their forces?
The worgen and draenei of all should know what it is to be driven out of their homes and actually help the nelves to the last man/wolf/goat to defend their ally.
Oh an when you play alliance you do rescue some worgen caught in the fire.. are you telling me these worgen couldn't fight either? The curse essentially makes you a pretty decent ravager/fighter.
Its bad writing. That's it.
Thats Blizzard writing for you! they twist and turn event just to be able to tell their narrowminded stories no matter how little sense it makes. The Dranei shoould be back from their space adventure and are really close to Darnassus.
also have to rember, Alliance thougth the horde would attack stormwind, they had the wrong intel, and once they realiced that, it was to late to do anything, the forsaken where already in ashenvale, so no chance to get there.

this probably ment most of gilnean army was prepareing in EK, and most likely the Dranei also, and Vindicar probably was in EK or sillithus also, and there was no time to send a message anymore.
Honestly, this fight should've been the Kaldorei Empire and (Lightforged) draenei versus the Kalimdor Horde.

The Kalimdor Horde would've won through sheer numbers, but the fact that the draenei apparently sit by and do -nothing- annoys me to no end, because they hardly could've turned the tide of battle anyway, even with the Army of the Light there.

I would get that the Gilneans would, and could, not be a part of the combat because they'd be busy with strategy and campaigns to reclaim Gilneas as per the previous treaty.
Anyone else got want to throw their 2 cents?

Personally I really don't feel like trying to come up with excuses to patch up Blizzard's terrible writing, honestly.

02/08/2018 08:16Posted by Veshj
The Kalimdor Horde would've won through sheer numbers

"Underdog faction". I sincerely doubt that.

Orcs arrived in WC3: about 15-20 years ago lore-wise. Hardly any time to breed a legion of orcs - their numbers are small.

Tauren were on the verge of extinction before the orcs showed up. 15-20 years isn't enough time to breed a ton of tauren warriors.
There were Worgen in Lordanel. also a couple of gnomes. also in Darnassus. including Genn Greymane's wife.
03/08/2018 13:55Posted by Surinen
There were Worgen in Lordanel. also a couple of gnomes. also in Darnassus. including Genn Greymane's wife.

Spotted Draenei in Darnassus on my Worgen DK while it was burning.