Where do I find people for guild?

General
Hey.

So I made my own guild, and atm there're 2 of us. and since Im aiming to mythic raid.. I need at least 18 more members.

I tried forums, social media, but so far we're still 2..

So I was wondering where do I find more members? any suggestions?
Good luck. You can try advertising ingame in cities or try addons to find guildless people :-) I would consider it polite to whisper them and speak with them first, not instant inviting. Prepare for a lot of flame tho, some people can get offended very easily just by you whispering them.
29/07/2018 09:21Posted by Bukachu
Hey.

So I made my own guild, and atm there're 2 of us. and since Im aiming to mythic raid.. I need at least 18 more members.

I tried forums, social media, but so far we're still 2..

So I was wondering where do I find more members? any suggestions?

Realm forums.
Player looking for PVE forums.
Reddit
MMO
Trade spam but with a decent advert nothing like ....

"Join us today at omegalul for shiz znd giggs andz mythic kols lolz"

Its going to be very hard work and you will need trusted officers to help you i wish you luck.
29/07/2018 09:29Posted by Morqueatus
Good luck. You can try advertising ingame in cities or try addons to find guildless people :-) I would consider it polite to whisper them and speak with them first, not instant inviting.

hmm yeah. the thing is Im aiming to raid mythic so in the end, as wrong as it may sound Im looking for people who are good and who can handle it. that's why Im avoiding mass inviting etc, because imo it wont work.
I might try macroing trade chat.

29/07/2018 09:35Posted by Diviníus
Realm forums.

Player looking for PVE forums.

Reddit
X
MMO
X

Trade spam but with a decent advert nothing like ....

"Join us today at omegalul for shiz znd giggs andz mythic kols lolz"

hahahaha. yep ill try this and reddit/MMO and hopefully I find enough people to do Heroic for start.

Its going to be very hard work and you will need trusted officers to help you i wish you luck.

yep other guy's the officer so he's doing stuff while Im busy.
Im also thinking about recruiting friends but I dont want to end up in scenario where I gotta tell them they cant raid with us due to "xxx" reason, cuz I know some of them will take it wrong. but yeah, might give it a try too.
will go make MMO/Reddit posts now.
thank uuu xx
I never know if you are trolling or not Bukachu.

Just in case:
#1 Just form a guild with a goal. That goal might be raiding, m+ groups, leveling, mount farming... whatever you like.
#2 Set down some rules you want to have for your guild. Those do not have to be totally strict but a basic guideline of how you want guild member to treat each other for example.
#3 Do some events related to your guilds goal. If you want to raid maybe just set some appointments for raids, m+ gathering for groups, ....
#4 Advertise your guild with these goals and events. This way people know a) what you want to do and b) when they can join you in activities to see whether they want to stick around.

That is very simplistic but as a rough guideline it should be fine.
If you use one of those auto spam mods that auto invites people make sure it sends a message giving some description of your guild and what you intend to do with it. Can't speak for others but any message spammed without this is auto declined by me..
29/07/2018 10:37Posted by Bundor
I never know if you are trolling or not Bukachu.

that's the fun part.

29/07/2018 10:37Posted by Bundor
Just in case:
#1 Just form a guild with a goal. That goal might be raiding, m+ groups, leveling, mount farming... whatever you like.

yup did this and all the other stuff. basically it's going to be 3 day raiding a week, 3 hours each day. aiming to mythic raid.
rules are pretty simple really - everyone behaving, if someone needs clarification on that im 99% sure we wont fit :D
and yeah atm I feel like it comes down to more advertisement but something tells me that wont be enough.
Before you start a guild, use your connections to see if any friends want to join, friend's friends.

Without a good base that are on the same track, recruiting is an absolute nightmare, especially when everyone and their mother want to be a guild master to have "the power"
29/07/2018 12:42Posted by Rénátákí
Before you start a guild, use your connections to see if any friends want to join, friend's friends.

Without a good base that are on the same track, recruiting is an absolute nightmare, especially when everyone and their mother want to be a guild master to have "the power"

that was the original plan. we were 7 people, then when time came to guild up. excuses like "my moms sisters pet is pregnant so i should baptize a newborn" came.
so atm we're 2

Im just hoping to find enough people to HC raid at least.
Don't. Join an established guild and work your way up.
Step1: make Gnome
Step2: ask ppl persenal to join your guild
Step3: profit?
29/07/2018 16:34Posted by Korupcija
Don't. Join an established guild and work your way up.

I prefer to lead.
it has upsides that ill need if im to reach the goal I have.
its basically, as a leader you spend more energy but if you succeed reward is bigger.
I can have more say in setting new and current goals.
Ill have a final say in who's staying and who's not, who's raiding, who's misbehaving, what days we can raid, what times, and a lot of other things.
on top of that, there're not that many good guilds on my server, only 1-2 proper mythic raiding guilds afaik. I want to join them with my team. I even tried to apply for one of those "proper" guilds and they didnt even trial me, cant be arsed with such people, the fury burns inside me, just need a team and ill put my all in.

I know all this sounds like "me me me I I I" but honestly I'd rather have power, because im ready for the responsibility.

too much hassle with joining a guild.
First they have to share the goals I have. say mythic raiding, then what happens when we reach the goal? knowing myself well, I'll go for more, top 1000 maybe? but what if the guild I joined doesnt want that. I gotta go to next one etc etc.
then you gotta have a guild that has good raiding times, but what if I feel like we raid not enough/too much. etc.
what if I dont like the way someone behaves.
and the list goes on.

Im done playing humble and shy games, ill establish this AWESOME guild, with AWESOME people and ill go top 1000 before BfA ends.

I said we're 2 right now, but this other guy, he's great, he's good, I trust him 100%, that's the type of team and people im talking about, gonna push it to the limits (was actually thinking about naming my guild "push it to the limits" :D)

Hopefully all this goes as well as I wish
Iam going to hopefully not regret this but i will add you on BT later and iam free during BFA probs thurs/fri/sat/mon nights i can help you up to heroic and general things but i will be raiding mythic on my main and cant do that for 2 teams .
I will maining hunter but i can lvl a druid for you so you can pick a spec for me healer as last resort the other 3 specs i can play to a decent lvl:)
29/07/2018 17:19Posted by Diviníus
Iam going to hopefully not regret this but i will add you on BT later and iam free during BFA probs thurs/fri/sat/mon nights i can help you up to heroic and general things but i will be raiding mythic on my main and cant do that for 2 teams .
I will maining hunter but i can lvl a druid for you so you can pick a spec for me healer as last resort the other 3 specs i can play to a decent lvl:)

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Please don't spam trade.

Jesus, it should be a perma-ban offense. These adverts don't work, you're not gonna get any people from them.

PLEASE.

GOD.
29/07/2018 18:20Posted by Trophee
Please don't spam trade.

Jesus, it should be a perma-ban offense. These adverts don't work, you're not gonna get any people from them.

PLEASE.

GOD.

Please GOD dont listen to this poster because if top 500 world guilds can use and get players through doing it in trade then iam sure the OP can .
And it shouldnt be a banable offense at all on the other hand posts like you did yesterday should be due to the vile spew you said about your fellow players.
29/07/2018 18:20Posted by Trophee
Please don't spam trade.

PLEASE.

GOD.

re-read the title of the thread.

29/07/2018 18:54Posted by Diviníus
Please GOD dont listen to this poster because if top 500 world guilds can use and get players through doing it in trade then iam sure the OP can .

yeah definitely using trade chat. my top dog (main officer) is already doing it :D ill join in a bit
obviously not here

here you can find hatred and salt
Iam going to hopefully not regret this but i will add you on BT later

Blink twice if hes holding you against your will!
29/07/2018 19:36Posted by Dejarous
Iam going to hopefully not regret this but i will add you on BT later

Blink twice if hes holding you against your will!

Rofl shall do dear :P