Tyrande should be executed / banished.

Story
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
02/08/2018 21:52Posted by Velsyana
It's something that must start within the remaining Night Elves against their current leaders after their defeat...like the French revolution :P

The French revolution was banishing the Highborne. Though luckily for you, Velsy dear, they decided on exile rather then the guillotine.
Not exactly because the Highborne of Dath'remar weren't the leaders back then...like Tyrande and Malfurion are now.

And yes, unlike the humans and their filthy prison camps the Elves in general choose exile rather than death or imprisonment. Blood Elves didn't give the axe to Void Elves or Alleria either.
Nobody in the Alliance has the power to arrest, banish or execute Tyrande anyway. If they try, they are dead. The only ones would be Velen and Malfurion who...wouldn't do it anyway.

It's something that must start within the remaining Night Elves against their current leaders after their defeat...like the French revolution :P

Are you trying to imply that Anduin couldn't say a word and have Tyrande locked up? You seem to be forgetting who writes this story.

Seriously though Anduin doesn't need to do anything to Tyrande. She's already a hostage in Stormwind along with the remnants of Gilneas and Darnassus. Even if she wants to leave there isn't anywhere for her to go.
Nobody in the Alliance has the power to arrest, banish or execute Tyrande anyway. If they try, they are dead. The only ones would be Velen and Malfurion who...wouldn't do it anyway.

Isn't Anduin the leader of the alliance? He could do it, actually. But he won't do it too, sadly :/ And well, Mathias Shaw is there aswell… He has proven himself as a professional assasin. Garona Halforcen would be a more reasonable choice though as a Garrison Follower. Personally, if we had a word of change in the WoW universe, I'd grab Titanstrike and point it at her head, and before shooting her down, ask her what she has to say in her defence.
02/08/2018 21:54Posted by Araphant

The French revolution was banishing the Highborne. Though luckily for you, Velsy dear, they decided on exile rather then the guillotine.

Exile is just the elven way these days. You saw it in the Nightborne society and Blood Elf society.
I'm expecting Lorthy to start getting an Oprah Winfrey voice soon, shouting "You get an exile, you get an exile, you get an exiilllee!!"
02/08/2018 21:57Posted by Velsyana
Not exactly because the Highborne of Dath'remar weren't the leaders back then...like Tyrande and Malfurion are now.

They were literally the Nobles and the elite. If you don't know who was the first to die in the French revolution, you need to brush up on your history.

And yes, unlike the humans and their filthy prison camps the Elves in general choose exile rather than death or imprisonment. Blood Elves didn't give the axe to Void Elves or Alleria either.

Can't believe you are still talking about this. Should we have killed them all then, as Quel thalas wanted? High elves didn't want to pay for those camps.

Exile the demon-blood drinking lunatics so they can come for another go?

And the Highborne were kinda exiled into certain death, so I must say the humans did better.

02/08/2018 21:59Posted by Minairia
I'm expecting Lorthy to start getting an Oprah Winfrey voice soon, shouting "You get an exile, you get an exile, you get an exiilllee!!"

Can't wait to see the next off-shot of Thalassian elf. Dusk elves? Light elves? Cherry elves?
02/08/2018 21:58Posted by Casira
She's already a hostage in Stormwind along with the remnants of Gilneas and Darnassus. Even if she wants to leave there isn't anywhere for her to go.

Well, she could go to the battlefields… But we all know she won't do that lol

I agree that we should have sent the Orcs back through the Dark Portal but Khadgar sabotaged the operation to allow Orcs to settle on Azeroth.
Elves really love exile though. It's a wonder that Blood Elves don't realize Void Elves will hate them as much as Blood Elves hate Night Elves.
02/08/2018 21:58Posted by Yrimir
Isn't Anduin the leader of the alliance? He could do it, actually. But he won't do it too, sadly :/

He wouldn't do it anyway but even if he wanted to do it I think he couldn't because he has no power over the Night Elves as a people. He can only rule as High King over the armies that are given to him, not as the ruler of the Night Elves themselves. In the Horde it's different and the Warchief actually can do it, like Garrosh sent the Kor'kron to control the Forsaken and the Darkspears too.
02/08/2018 22:02Posted by Yrimir
Well, she could go to the battlefields… But we all know she won't do that lol

Tyrande is an honourable part of the rearguard. The one that leads the retreat.
02/08/2018 22:04Posted by Velsyana
02/08/2018 21:58Posted by Yrimir
Isn't Anduin the leader of the alliance? He could do it, actually. But he won't do it too, sadly :/

He wouldn't do it anyway but even if he wanted to do it I think he couldn't because he has no power over the Night Elves as a people. He can only rule as High King over the armies that are given to him, not as the ruler of the Night Elves themselves. In the Horde it's different and the Warchief actually can do it, like Garrosh sent the Kor'kron to control the Forsaken and the Darkspears too.

Well then, it's truly up to the player then, isn't it? I'd set it all up with Garona assasinating her, and then since an Orc killed her, we could blame it on the horde. And that would send the Night Elves into a bloodthirst = a good weapon against the horde. I know it's high treason, and then the player should be executed / banished, but we all need to get our priorities straight. In a war story, there is no such thing as morality or kindness. If you feel uplifted at the end of a war story, you have been made a victim of a terrible lie.
Exile the demon-blood drinking lunatics so they can come for another go?

They were in lethargy, they were harmless at that point before Thrall rallied them.

In fact, the exile would have meant 90% of the times the death of the Orcs exactly because being lethargic, on whatever land they would have reached they would have been killed by the locals. If they had reach a land at all, that is.

So it was a good way for the Humans to kill all Orcs without actually doing it, and taking the blame for it. Also, no money spent at all!
I said it when this first came to light, I think this is an opportunity for big change in the Night Elf way of thinking, perhaps the whole order and balance druid attitude does not work and perhaps the events of Darkshore/Teldrassil coupled with the Nightbourne showing up in the world might make a few Night Elf want a big change in their culture, they could ultimately end up booting Tyrande out in favour of someone more forward thinking.
02/08/2018 22:08Posted by Velsyana
They were in lethargy, they were harmless at that point before Thrall rallied them.

"Hey, Jim. These guys that slaughtered countless innocents and cut a bloody swath across the continent seem depressed. Should we let 'em go?"

"Totally mate, let them have their axes on the way out. They might need them to cut wood. We aren't savages!"
They were literally the Nobles and the elite. If you don't know who was the first to die in the French revolution, you need to brush up on your history.

The aristocrats and the nobles were killed at a later stage.

During the first phases of the revolution, the people fired their guns and pointed their pitchforks to the soldiers because they were protecting the King. After a few revolts, the Assemblee came with a constitution, and one of their main plans was to make keep the king and turn the ancien regime into a constitutional monarchy, inspired by traditional liberal ideas.

Because the Assemblee failed in many ways (including the fact that the king was uncooperative, and that the leader of the moderates was supposedly working for the kings), Robespierre rose to power and that's when the nobles and aristrocrats had to fear for their lives.

The French Revolution is incomparable to the aftermath of the War of the Ancients.
02/08/2018 22:12Posted by Araphant
"Hey, Jim. These guys that slaughtered countless innocents and cut a bloody swath across the continent seem depressed. Should we let 'em go?"

"Totally mate, let them have their axes on the way out. They might need them to cut wood. We aren't savages!"

We should have just let every Alliance member that had a family member killed by an Orc kill an Orc for revenge per family member and forget about that miserable war. I doubt there would be any Orcs left at that point.
02/08/2018 22:15Posted by Haiete
During the first phases of the revolution, the people fired their guns and pointed their pitchforks to the soldiers because they were protecting the King. After a few revolts, the Assemblee came with a constitution, and one of their main plans was to make keep the king and turn the ancien regime into a constitutional monarchy, inspired by traditional liberal ideas.

Because the Assemblee failed in many ways (including the fact that the king was uncooperative, and that the leader of the moderates was supposedly working for the kings), Robespierre rose to power and that's when the nobles and aristrocrats had to fear for their lives.

Don't straw man me mate. When the execution phase started, the nobles were the first to go. As I have said.

The French Revolution is incomparable to the aftermath of the War of the Ancients.

No one is seriously comparing the two events.
02/08/2018 22:18Posted by Araphant

Don't straw man me mate. When the execution phase started, the nobles were the first to go. As I have said.

No one is seriously comparing the two events.

Even if the Night elves want to revolt now, there is no point. They are shattered, their forces and resources are in disarray, the workers are basically extint, so they cant support themselves economically. They are reliant on the alliance now, and can only serve as a military unit.
Jesus Christ, I was teasing Velsyana!

God help me, if I had made a joke about Stalin instead, you people would have started comparing his five year plan with the Horde's economic development!
02/08/2018 22:24Posted by Araphant
Jesus Christ, I was teasing Velsyana!

God help me, if I had made a joke about Stalin instead, you people would have started comparing his five year plan with the Horde's economic development!

I actually thought it was an interesting comparison worthy of discuss.