Underplayed?

Rogue
According to most statistics websites, rogues are one of the least played classes.

Why? Because they can be a lot of fun...
They cant see us.
boring as !@#$ and not fun to play
05/08/2018 18:38Posted by Jokingwizard
boring as !@#$ and not fun to play

Not to me...
Fun in pvp.
Clunky in pve. Waiting for energy to fill so one could apply a combo point, repeat 3 more times and press a finisher. Repeat.
05/08/2018 19:55Posted by Cheesebåge
Fun in pvp.
Clunky in pve. Waiting for energy to fill so one could apply a combo point, repeat 3 more times and press a finisher. Repeat.

As opposed to what? A priority list? Doesnt sound thrilling either.
Fun in pvp.

Well all the various rogue options sound very intrigueing for mythic+ where PvE is so much more then a simple dps rotation,...

Next to that offcorse this is a little oversimplified__

That's my normal reaction why I don't love Rogues. But since I am in my char testing phase for the addon I played all 3 specs and I feel that the energy is less a problem than before.
I could nearly button smash on all 3 of them, Outlaw the most. Maybe it is my imagination but they feel less clunky now.
Just sayin. It can feel clunky have a red text sayin not enough energy on the screen,
oposed to say fire mage where you can go bananas on the buttons and Always cast the stuff you press.

Just a feeling thing.
Playing a resource class is not for everyone, it can get boring fast especially at times the spec is slow when you're getting cds back or pooling.
I tend to find with stealth classes that i sit in stealth a lot of the time.

Majority of the time people want to get stuck in and rogues don't play like that, they are opportunistic.

Also energy pooling and combo building can be annoying or mind boggling to some.
06/08/2018 23:00Posted by Cheesebåge
oposed to say fire mage where you can go bananas on the buttons and Always cast the stuff you press.

I do understand that. Since I am more of a button smasher and don't like pooling and waiting for a ressource. But that is the problem with a lot of melee classes and Beastmaster. You sometimes just have nothing to press since your ressource needs 1-3 seconds or your skills are on CD (e.g. Pala, Survival). I think despite Fury that's how every melee (and tank) plays. Some classes feel more clunky than others. Survival for example is pretty clunky for me personally.
But the Rogue actually doesn't feel clunky atm. Maybe because of my secondstats or because of the class design or I don't know. All I know is that my Outlaw has very little energy problems and is on par with the other not energy pooling specs.
Assassination was okay and also Sub, just a little bit less. But all 3 didn't realy need any "pooling time".
for example in pve now that blizzard removed death from above from sub rotation, it feels very boring..
Maybe before the prepatch but now there's rogues everywhere.
Simple, majority of people play PvE, and rogue is boring as hell in PvE.
I play monk, outlaw rogue and Sv hunter. For some reason i play the underdogs.
Always said I'd never play rogue. The sneaking a round stealthed, and jumping half dead people never appealed. Rather play a monk/war/dk/pally and run in rambo style bashing skulls.

Decided to try rogue after monk got majorly screwed. And honestly I'm absolutely loving it. Think it's the concept of rogue that puts people off. Sneaky and squishy.. and honestly (i really dont mean this offensively) the mogs are pretty dull, would rate them 2nd worse after hunter. It is really fun though!
I dont agree rogue is boring in pve. How a utility based class wouldnt be fun in pve? Rotation? There is one of the highest apm, the lowest apm and setup based playstyles and all 3 are above average for different tastes.

Back to the topic...

It is always same in every rpg games, frps. Rogues/thiefs are always impressive but shady characters and most people tend to play (or roleplay some extent) more heroic characters.

You know playing rogue needs a different mindset. Warrior charges, caster begins powerfull spells but rogue waits. Waits for that moment.

We are not heroes, we are the top of the food chain :)
i feel like most people are turned off by energy and combo specs
i only really made this rogue because i wanted those ghost daggers. they looked amazing and just had to get them.

Suddenly my rogue had better gear than my main D: