Nerf disc priests!

Arenas
Playing on an alt human Rogue starting at 1600 I am now at 1900 playing around 1600-2200 with 0cr priests and winning like 90% of games. I dont want to gain achievements i dont have so am not using my horde rogues, but even with 0cr the priests Ive played with haven't minded. All 3 noticed in the first couple of games their mmr was much higher than the lfg they advertised but yeah...
If 0cr priests can play at 2k something is odd.
06/08/2018 13:19Posted by Drgalaxy
im wondering what ppl here hate more: leonpriest or #soloq?

btw #soloq!
You.
06/08/2018 14:19Posted by Bloodlock
06/08/2018 13:19Posted by Drgalaxy
im wondering what ppl here hate more: leonpriest or #soloq?

btw #soloq!
You.

i see you are still filled with anger and uncontrolled emotions. I can help you. Just support the #soloq campaign and ill give you free counselling and maybe hugs (i u arent the obese sweaty nerd im imaging)
06/08/2018 15:42Posted by Nælys
06/08/2018 15:26Posted by Drgalaxy

i see you are still filled with anger and uncontrolled emotions. I can help you. Just support the #soloq campaign and ill give you free counselling and maybe hugs (i u arent the obese sweaty nerd im imaging)

Following this logic you're mentally handicapped because you're playing a retardin I guess

im not sure you are able to follow any kind of logic when you cant even read :-/ (hint for you: check armory again)
03/08/2018 13:20Posted by Mórgath
Discs are disgusting, truly disgusting as it is..

Can actually anyone defend how this crap is ok? Doesnt matter the pressure you put, not one single bit he WONT die unless he goes for a coffee break.

Dude, their survivability is not the issue... The fact that they out-DPS half the specs in the game while having the highest HPS is why they are broken...

Sure, with their new desp prayer and the broken healing they are kinda hard to kill. But I don't think anyone at a decent rating thinks that's why they are OP.
06/08/2018 16:18Posted by Drgalaxy

im not sure you are able to follow any kind of logic when you cant even read :-/ (hint for you: check armory again)
Oh sorry, youre holy same level nvm. Meleeclave for life
03/08/2018 16:47Posted by Bloodlock
03/08/2018 15:38Posted by Leonpriest
Disc is fine. Everyone who complains just do not know how to play his own class. Disc has the lowest mana pool and cannot heal from safe spot but have to go deep into enemy team formation - this is why disc has more instand healing and good survivability.
Ah blabla "eVeRyOnE wHo CoMpLaInS jUsT nEeDs To L2P" yada yada, the usual boring crap from someone who desperately wants to prevent nerfs for his overpowered class. Are we realy going that way now?

Coming from you though...
06/08/2018 14:07Posted by Nexintus
Playing on an alt human Rogue starting at 1600 I am now at 1900 playing around 1600-2200 with 0cr priests and winning like 90% of games. I dont want to gain achievements i dont have so am not using my horde rogues, but even with 0cr the priests Ive played with haven't minded. All 3 noticed in the first couple of games their mmr was much higher than the lfg they advertised but yeah...
If 0cr priests can play at 2k something is odd.

it is because rogue damage is to high. Right now rogue do damage at the same level as DK, but rogue have more tools and controls. I think reducing rogue damage by 20% would be fine. They applied fix on beta with 35% rogue damage reduced, i think this is too much.
06/08/2018 19:40Posted by Leonpriest
They applied fix on beta with 35% rogue damage reduced, i think this is too much.

thats fine bc its not 35%

please, i'm glad i can help : https://www.homeschoolmath.net/teaching/percent/percent.php
06/08/2018 15:26Posted by Drgalaxy
<span class="truncated">...</span>You.

"obese sweaty nerd"? What? Are we in 2005 or what? As for the counseling, I'll pass, thanks, i don't think someone who is bodyshaming and apparently is lacking major social skills (otherwise you wouldn't promote soloq so much) would be someone to consider when it comes to getting help. ;) And when i need a hug i'll ask my kids or my wife. :)
06/08/2018 17:21Posted by Rénátákí
03/08/2018 16:47Posted by Bloodlock
...Ah blabla "eVeRyOnE wHo CoMpLaInS jUsT nEeDs To L2P" yada yada, the usual boring crap from someone who desperately wants to prevent nerfs for his overpowered class. Are we realy going that way now?

yes?
I never usually comment on threads (or read the forums for that matter), but asking for buffs or nerfs because of a prepatch is the wrong approach in terms of balancing the game.

Priests might be strong on the prepatch currently, but they're nowhere near that level when it comes to lvl 120 arenas. With the removal of some gamebreaking tools in addition to how heavily the gcd changes affect priests, they actually seem a bit underwhelming unless you're able to spam damage and win from the pressure it creates. The raw healing output from normal heals is pretty low in addition to the shield being basically useless.
06/08/2018 20:42Posted by Nælys

it is because rogue damage is to high. Right now rogue do damage at the same level as DK, but rogue have more tools and controls. I think reducing rogue damage by 20% would be fine. They applied fix on beta with 35% rogue damage reduced, i think this is too much.

I think you're an idiot and not just 35%, you're the one who incorporates it. The pure version of it, 100%
You are 100% idiot for sure, not only 35%.
07/08/2018 04:01Posted by Cylizx
I never usually comment on threads (or read the forums for that matter), but asking for buffs or nerfs because of a prepatch is the wrong approach in terms of balancing the game.

Priests might be strong on the prepatch currently, but they're nowhere near that level when it comes to lvl 120 arenas. With the removal of some gamebreaking tools in addition to how heavily the gcd changes affect priests, they actually seem a bit underwhelming unless you're able to spam damage and win from the pressure it creates. The raw healing output from normal heals is pretty low in addition to the shield being basically useless.
I agree with you. If enemy team pressure hard, then priest has difficulties to keep single target alive due to low mana pool and weak single target heal, especially against non physical damage. Disc is very specific healer viable only in comps where dps can avoid damage or cc enemies, so priest can do damage and heal using atonments. If your dps is heavy focused and catched, then priest is in big troubles. Other healers have better single target healing and spend less mana to keep single target alive under pressure. This is why disc priest is viable only with rogue, mage and hunter.

"obese sweaty nerd"? What? Are we in 2005 or what? As for the counseling, I'll pass, thanks, i don't think someone who is bodyshaming and apparently is lacking major social skills (otherwise you wouldn't promote soloq so much) would be someone to consider when it comes to getting help. ;) And when i need a hug i'll ask my kids or my wife. :)
06/08/2018 17:21Posted by Rénátákí

yes?

Did i trigger your weakspot? Say no more my friend! Not only can i give you free counselling i can also give you free fitness coaching so you can turn your imaginary wife and kids into real ones! But again, #soloq support is required ;)
06/08/2018 19:46Posted by Facepalmirl
They applied fix on beta with 35% rogue damage reduced, i think this is too much.

thats fine bc its not 35%

please, i'm glad i can help : https://www.homeschoolmath.net/teaching/percent/percent.php

Beta nerf are not going to live anyway. They mentioned they will do different class turning with 7 August weekly maintenance. All rogue damage are going to be nerfed by 4%, but they buff warrior by 3% instead. They also reduce disc damage little bit. smite down by 6%, sw pain down 9% and Mindbender down by 8%.

Purge of the wicked and penance will do same damage as before, not much damage reduction to worry about.
They applied fix on beta with 35% rogue damage reduced

what a circle of idiots
first comes idiot rogue saying it's 35% because he figured it out by combining random numbers with no understanding of dps whatsoever

then other comes and bases his understandings on this guy's "knowledge"
it's like self fulfiling prophecy, when they use evidence of each other, in a completely wrong way and what doesn't make even the slightest sense

07/08/2018 07:08Posted by Leonpriest
Disc is very specific healer viable only in comps where dps can avoid damage or cc enemies, so priest can do damage and heal using atonments.

I 100% disagree with this. It's the other way around.
Disc is so broken you just slap it into every single comp you play and it's better.
We got best results with Druid (broken) and Priest (broken) while Disc Priest is literally antisynergy for our Warlock / Warrior.

He heals like every other healer + has two healing spell schools. That itself is already broken, but he does damage as some dps classes in addition for that... that's way too broken and crazy af.
05/08/2018 19:27Posted by Leonpriest
05/08/2018 18:49Posted by Redoctober

No, it's not. We do way too much damage in prepatch, there is no question about that. We probably do too much healing as well, but then again so do the others, so that might be fine. Either way, don't expect us to do the same damage proportion to hp pools in BfA, because if we actually do that, we will get nerfed within the first week.

I do more healing on my druid and shaman than on my disc in arena usually. Current ratio is:
Disc heal + damage = Druid healing = shaman healing + damage + tools. Anyways i play arena right now around 2k as both disc and druid. My impression is Druid and monk have better comps in 3v3 arena than disc. double rogue/ resto druid or assa rogue/SV or BM hunter/MW monk are better than any disc comp including the famous RMP. Assa rogue/unholy dk/ X healer looks better now than disc RMP and assa rogue/boomi/disc. Discussing arena spec outside comp has no sence.

In RBG disc healing = druid healing = shaman healing(if shaman let to free cast). Disc also do good portion of damage, this is advantage, but disc heal members on random basis, so cannot focus on healing focused targets. If you use different disc build focusing on healing specific targets, than you deal little damage and works same as other healers.

In epic battle grounds and brawl disc looks like the worst healers. Disc cannot heal big groupd of 20 people for long time.

Pls