Nerf disc damage and healing by 50%?

Battlegrounds
Until 14th of august? Please?
Make it 70 cuz wth not. Anyone bidding higher?
And buff assassin rogues!
And make any silence to force the player to log out and go to bed.
Why not 100%?
Typical pally. You, the people who never accept dying. "Nooo!! Now I don't die, *bubble*." "Noooooo!! This is not fair, I wasn't prepared for dying *another bubble !@#$*", "Nooooooo man, another chance please *hand/salvation %^-**", "no! Now I'm immune to everything".

You pallys are like 3 years old kids. And when another class is difficult for you, here we go crying
06/08/2018 12:08Posted by Daga
You pallys are like 3 years old kids. And when another class is difficult for you, here we go crying

while op has proven his cluelessness and bias through his numerous topics on the arena forums he's somewhat right, disc is overtuned af.
A pala whining about priests lol , the world will go down now !
nerf to -99%***
50 is a bit OTT lol but atm theres really no point in playing any other healing class, its just boring and retarded.
My alliance main is disc priest. Yes the damage is completely overpowered in 1v1. But in any arena situation you should be too busy healing to even bother with trying to use damaging abilities. So a nerf to damage would only really affect 1v1 world pvp.
I agree it should be reduced, but the healing is fine and shouldnt be touched.
06/08/2018 18:45Posted by Jonnysnow
My alliance main is disc priest. Yes the damage is completely overpowered in 1v1. But in any arena situation you should be too busy healing to even bother with trying to use damaging abilities. So a nerf to damage would only really affect 1v1 world pvp.

Disc heals through dmg in arenas too...in 2v2 they can easily do 50% of the dps dmg.
Hope they nerf dmg and survability a bit without destroying the class completly...
A paladin, rogue and priest come into the bar...
But in any arena situation you should be too busy healing to even bother with trying to use damaging abilities.

i don't get this. disc direct healing is really poor. shadowmend uses way too much mana to be a go-to healing spell and is basically what disc gets instead of silence immunity - it's a last resort or an emergency spell, not a main rotation cast. penance healing is okay, but it's on a cooldown, hence the most efficient way to use it is to get your Atonements up, cast Purge The Wicked on an enemy, then Penance them to spread PTW to other enemies - that way you get 60% of penance damage plus all the extra PTW ticks as healing for the mana cost of a single penance and PTW. PW:Radiance is the spell you use to spread Atonement in a pinch; it's not especially powerful as a direct heal.

if you're too busy to play the spec the way it's designed to be played and you're still winning Arenas, then you must have some awesome gear.

06/08/2018 19:11Posted by Mordaken
Hope they nerf dmg and survability a bit without destroying the class completly...

they could nerf disc's damage, but if they did so they'd have to up the percentage of Atonement healing from 60% to 100% - i wouldn't mind doing 40% less damage if i wasn't also doing 40% less healing as a result.

surviviability is a different matter altogether. tankiness is disc's only defence; we have a single CC ability which is a magic Fear effect, thus avoidable by all manner of classes in all manner of ways, and that's it. you could make disc priests easier to kill, but if you did so you'd need to balance that by adding in other survivability tools otherwise the spec would die on its !@#.

myself, i think disc is a finished spec. rogues and hunters are the only other classses i've played that felt as complete and smooth as my disc priest, so in my mind the problem isn't that disc is overtuned, its that the other classes need to be rewored so they're on par.
06/08/2018 19:11Posted by Mordaken

Disc heals through dmg in arenas too...in 2v2 they can easily do 50% of the dps dmg.

Their offensice abilities still dont heal as much as their actual heals, not by a longshot. If the opposing team engages a disc priest correctly then using offensive abilities to heal through attonment shouldn't really be a practical solution.

But none the less I agree disc does too much damage. I feel like they should reduce the damage they deal but keep the amount of healing attonment gives.
I agree. Disc priest is insane and needs nerfed. Like u just spam shield / silence and penance and not die, this is how they function right now. No skill, no brain required and overtuned bullsh1t.
06/08/2018 22:56Posted by Shushhs
I agree. Disc priest is insane and needs nerfed. Like u just spam shield / silence and penance and not die, this is how they function right now. No skill, no brain required and overtuned bullsh1t.

no silence as dpriest, "no skill no brain" plays fdk lmaooo
06/08/2018 21:15Posted by Jonnysnow
Their offensice abilities still dont heal as much as their actual heals, not by a longshot.

They don't, but they cost a lot less mana and aside from PW: Radiance (2 charges with a cooldown, heals for maybe 2-4k) damage+atonement is the only way to get spread healing as Disc.

If the opposing team engages a disc priest correctly then using offensive abilities to heal through attonment shouldn't really be a practical solution.

It's how the class functions, hence it's always a practical solution. You can't rely on direct heals as Disc because they cost too much mana and you'll OOM very quickly, plus they don't spread so it requires far more target swapping. You use direct heals in emergencies only, with Atonement being used at all other times. I can generally pull off 200+k damage and 500+k healing in BGs through Atonement, PTW/ Penance and Smite, with the odd PW:R. I only use Shadowmend on myself when I'm being tunnelled and I'm likely to get locked. If you want to nerf my damage that's fine, but to balance it I need a better direct healing toolset or a 120% healing:damage ratio.

As for 1v1, I dunno what to tell you. My MW Monk is just as difficult to kill as my Disc Priest, but she uses her mobility and CC to avoid DPS while the Priest relies on tankiness. It's fine that people can't kill healers 1v1, because if they could then why would anyone bother with them in Arenas?
Disc preist PVE = keep the numbers the same

Disc preist PVP = Nerf damage by 50 %. Dont touch the actual healing abilities outside of atonement.

Boom. Fixed. And fair. Hybrid means = 50 % this and that. Not 100 % healer and 100 % dps.
Disc is wayyyyy too !@#$ing tanky

Absolutely ridiculous