Momentum gameplay is amazing

Demon Hunter
Since the stat squish I've been playing only momentum.

Personally, I enjoy playing momentum because it requires being chaotic, with high risks and great rewards. I see a lore representation here.

I also enjoyed playing demonic but nemesis was a boring talent. You click one button and you deal more damage for an entire minute, where's the skill in that? I am not joking when I'm saying this but after 2-3 minute boss fights in Legion, one of the fingers I used to spam Chaos Strike started to feel tingly.

I understand some might not enjoy Momentum, pick Nemesis if you want to. There's little to no difference at the moment and to be honest, cookie cutter talents/items haven't been selected yet.

I prefer searching for the best stats, items and rotations myself and the talents I'm playing right now feel so good!

You Fel rush into an enemy, Unbound Chaos (trait) is triggered, you Vengeful retreat to proc the 10 sec Fury Regeneration buff, you Fel rush Back, Momentum is at 7 Seconds remaining, You can now:
>Fel Barrage> Eye Beam !

Right when Eye beam ends you Meta on the side and Fel rush back into the fray with full fury, pop Immolation and start burning the target with a lot of Fury gain.

Of course, you have to watch out for mechanics, get away from stuff, move from stuff, stay closer to stuff, but I like that. It feels so risky to Fel Rush when it's full of bad stuff on the floor, but you can also use that to your advantage, there's the reward again.
Momentum gameplay will likely get you killed during raid, or at very minimum take away your mobility for when you need it making us about as mobile as a DK. (your be using mobility for DPS). Sure on the odd boss it might be fine but its a horrid talent the majority of the time that just gimps you.

If it was majorly ahead of the others, that would be fair enough maybe but its not.
its not bad i agree but i like demonic atm... actualy i like to swap things all the time ;) GG DH4LYFE!
24/08/2018 17:44Posted by Adam
Momentum gameplay will likely get you killed during raid, or at very minimum take away your mobility for when you need it making us about as mobile as a DK. (your be using mobility for DPS). Sure on the odd boss it might be fine but its a horrid talent the majority of the time that just gimps you.

If it was majorly ahead of the others, that would be fair enough maybe but its not.

It sims higher than nemesis and significantly higher than Demonic, it takes practice but you can incorporate it in without the issues you are talking about.
24/08/2018 23:22Posted by Skír
24/08/2018 17:44Posted by Adam

It sims higher than nemesis and significantly higher than Demonic, it takes practice but you can incorporate it in without the issues you are talking about.

Exactly.

People are screaming "but, my positioning". Well, it is hard to learn but not impossible.

Move your camera around to fix your landing Fel Rush position and you will have no such issues.
I was Eyebeam Demonic back in Legion (for Mythic dungeons), and came into BFA with Demonic for sustain.

But after levelling my DH started to feel stale.

I decided to drop Demonic for Momentum.

And I *love* it.

I'm using Felblades over Blind Fury and Substiuting Vengful Retreat -Felblades for the Fury Gain. Felblade doesn't seem to have the 1 second internal cooldown that VR and FR share (although sometimes I do Felblade backwards...).

And I'm impressed with Fel Barrage. Glad I droped Trail of Ruin for it.

I still have First Blood, so both Eyebeam and Blade Dance are part of my ST rotation still. And have gained our highest hitting ability (apart from a double/triple trait buffed CS...) in Barrage.

Felrush in, trigger momentum and Barrage. Felrush and Eyebeam. Doesn't really matter if you're 100% accurate with your Rush using these.

My DH feels like a fresh new class now. And I'll tak that!
24/08/2018 11:47Posted by Nenrai
one of the fingers I used to spam Chaos Strike started to feel tingly.

its a known DH symptom

I have CS bound to my mouse aswill as my keyboard to rotate between them
no finger problems anymore
25/08/2018 15:40Posted by Bitterness
I was Eyebeam Demonic back in Legion (for Mythic dungeons), and came into BFA with Demonic for sustain.

But after levelling my DH started to feel stale.

I decided to drop Demonic for Momentum.

And I *love* it.

I'm using Felblades over Blind Fury and Substiuting Vengful Retreat -Felblades for the Fury Gain. Felblade doesn't seem to have the 1 second internal cooldown that VR and FR share (although sometimes I do Felblade backwards...).

And I'm impressed with Fel Barrage. Glad I droped Trail of Ruin for it.

I still have First Blood, so both Eyebeam and Blade Dance are part of my ST rotation still. And have gained our highest hitting ability (apart from a double/triple trait buffed CS...) in Barrage.

Felrush in, trigger momentum and Barrage. Felrush and Eyebeam. Doesn't really matter if you're 100% accurate with your Rush using these.

My DH feels like a fresh new class now. And I'll tak that!

Sounds interesting, need to try this out: D
24/08/2018 11:47Posted by Nenrai
Since the stat squish I've been playing only momentum.

Personally, I enjoy playing momentum because it requires being chaotic, with high risks and great rewards. I see a lore representation here.

I also enjoyed playing demonic but nemesis was a boring talent. You click one button and you deal more damage for an entire minute, where's the skill in that? I am not joking when I'm saying this but after 2-3 minute boss fights in Legion, one of the fingers I used to spam Chaos Strike started to feel tingly.

I understand some might not enjoy Momentum, pick Nemesis if you want to. There's little to no difference at the moment and to be honest, cookie cutter talents/items haven't been selected yet.

I prefer searching for the best stats, items and rotations myself and the talents I'm playing right now feel so good!

You Fel rush into an enemy, Unbound Chaos (trait) is triggered, you Vengeful retreat to proc the 10 sec Fury Regeneration buff, you Fel rush Back, Momentum is at 7 Seconds remaining, You can now:
>Fel Barrage> Eye Beam !

Right when Eye beam ends you Meta on the side and Fel rush back into the fray with full fury, pop Immolation and start burning the target with a lot of Fury gain.

Of course, you have to watch out for mechanics, get away from stuff, move from stuff, stay closer to stuff, but I like that. It feels so risky to Fel Rush when it's full of bad stuff on the floor, but you can also use that to your advantage, there's the reward again.

everything you say does not count at the moment that felrush is the most bugged ability of the game.
Disconnects you, there are times that you move more distance than you should,for not counting the number of times you run towards a direction that is not the one you were dialing(combine this with encounters in areas where if you fall you die)
And that's not to mention that most of the bosses in raid are not prepared for their use (and let's not talk about dungeons).
And finally fel rush is a movement skill, the lack of attack skills should be counteracted with new abilities not with forcing us to use movement cds.
The use of fel rush as attack is like if the rogue use sprint like a ofensive cd (i know the boots legendary of legion), it does not make any sense.
everything you say does not count at the moment that felrush is the most bugged ability of the game.
Disconnects you, there are times that you move more distance than you should,for not counting the number of times you run towards a direction that is not the one you were dialing(combine this with encounters in areas where if you fall you die)
And that's not to mention that most of the bosses in raid are not prepared for their use (and let's not talk about dungeons).
And finally fel rush is a movement skill, the lack of attack skills should be counteracted with new abilities not with forcing us to use movement cds.
The use of fel rush as attack is like if the rogue use sprint like a ofensive cd (i know the boots legendary of legion), it does not make any sense.

- I've had Zero disconnects since Legion while using Fel Rush.
- Extra distance when Fel rushing > Happened only in Stormwind once or twice. It's due to your internet connection
- I've never had direction problems? Maybe your mouse is broken. I've played DH since launch.

- Make a list of all the Raid and Dungeon bosses that are an issue right now and how you can't avoid them

Edit: The only boss fight where Fel Rush is actually an issue which I can think of on the top of my Head is Overseer Korgus from Tol Dagor.
Fel Rush is only being discussed as a bad ability when it is an incredibly useful ability but it's never talked about.

Every Demon Hunter definitely uses Fel Rush to escape mechanics, move faster, or to close the gap between your target.

But when it increased performance on top of utility, suddenly, it becomes bad?

It doesn't have to be the go to talent. It should be a play style option that is just as good as the rest of the talents.
I don't think that some of you have understood the problem with that movility/dps trade mechanic for DHs.

Let's be clear, Momentum is (and will be) either the go-to talent or totally absurd depending on how much blizz tweak it.
Why?
Simply because the sacrifice in movility and dps-loss for interacting with boss' mechanics makes it need much more sustained dps in bosses Patchwerk style to compensate that sacrifice or complexity. Not to mention in bosses when parties must stack together for mechanics, or bosses with cleave and proximity skills.

This means a really big problem for Havoc as a class, because if Momentum doesn't put DHs very far ahead as the top dps in Patchwerk fights (and that is not going to happen having dps-pure classes) that would mean that the other options won't even be near to the top in any kind of encounter.
So, the problem is not Momentum being good/fun/viable, the problem is how it affects to the other 2 talents that we got and how it affects at our spec (and the only one we have) as dps compared with other classes.

Rogues and warriors have barely a bit less movility and 2-3 different specs as dps (not just 1) and they don't have to trade any movility tool in order to deal good dps.
- 50% Unbound Chaos ((((( So sad( . I so liked this build. Now i think about focus on eye beam. I wanna make magic DH 33% mastery so far

Unbound Chaos (Demon Hunter) damage reduced by 53%
Yeah Momentum is so fun.

I love that fact that one talent is better in ST, CLEAVE 2T/3T and AOE.

So much fun.
28/08/2018 14:02Posted by Fieldnurse
Yeah Momentum is so fun.

So much fun.

Momentum has always been better in AoE. There's no point debating it.

Link some numbers so everyone can see how "big" the difference is
28/08/2018 15:07Posted by Nenrai
28/08/2018 14:02Posted by Fieldnurse
Yeah Momentum is so fun.

So much fun.

Momentum has always been better in AoE. There's no point debating it.

Link some numbers so everyone can see how "big" the difference is

ST: https://www.herodamage.com/demon-hunter/combinations/1t-pr-havoc

ST WITH ADDS: https://www.herodamage.com/demon-hunter/combinations/1ta-pr-havoc

2 T : https://www.herodamage.com/demon-hunter/combinations/2t-pr-havoc

3 T: https://www.herodamage.com/demon-hunter/combinations/3t-pr-havoc

You say its always ahead in AOE so no point debating it. That isnt the issue, the issue is that it sims ahead in every category and anyone that cares about playing what is optimal will pick it in every situation. Its not even up for debate.

That is just awful design.
Would not trust sims so blindly. The difference even with sims between using it and not is not huge.

Sims can be very misleading the results could be displaying for perfect gameplay, average gameplay, patchwork fights etc etc. The small difference between the builds could drastically change when things such as movement and not so perfect play are taken into account.

Use sims to get a basic idea of the builds, learn them on a training dummy then go try them all out in real world scenarios. Don't just pick what sims the best and stick with it. Sometimes in these sims the abilities are not even functioning correctly.
28/08/2018 16:16Posted by Adam
Would not trust sims so blindly. The difference even with sims between using it and not is not huge.

Sims can be very misleading the results could be displaying for perfect gameplay, average gameplay, patchwork fights etc etc. The small difference between the builds could drastically change when things such as movement and not so perfect play are taken into account.

Use sims to get a basic idea of the builds, learn them on a training dummy then go try them all out in real world scenarios. Don't just pick what sims the best and stick with it. Sometimes in these sims the abilities are not even functioning correctly.

While this is true, who I trust are theorycrafting contributors and some on the class discord who are in top world guilds that are all saying momentum > all in every situation.

Besides, looking at 3+ targets. Its 13% to the next talent that isnt momentum. 13% is huge. That isn't small in ANY regard.

The math clearly shows one thing. If your half decent momentum is way stronger then anything else. Especially when you consider how many Uldir fights have adds.
28/08/2018 17:05Posted by Fieldnurse
28/08/2018 16:16Posted by Adam

While this is true, who I trust are theorycrafting contributors and some on the class discord who are in top world guilds that are all saying momentum > all in every situation.

Besides, looking at 3+ targets. Its 13% to the next talent that isnt momentum. 13% is huge. That isn't small in ANY regard.

The math clearly shows one thing. If your half decent momentum is way stronger then anything else. Especially when you consider how many Uldir fights have adds.

That ST "sim" difference is 100 dps, even if sims aren't the way to go.

Theorycrafters & in game numbers are the way to go & follow.

Sims are not to be folowed blindly.

Of course momentum is better in AoE. Simple logic dictates that Momentum > Nemesis for AOE since Demon Hunters launched. Don't turn that into your favor now, when it's been like that forever.