I finally disabled WM just now...

General
...and man, what can I tell you. It feels like you got rid of that big ingrown hair zit on your a$$ that was annoying you for weeks lol. It feels like a huge, unnecessary burden just got lifted off my shoulders.

The WQ and outdoor content suddenly are...well, I wouldn't say fun but it improved a lot.

PS. In case you wonder why you only meet horde in the world....well, I just found the 99% allies by disabling WM.
Yeah it's crazy. I was lonely AF questing to 120, barely saw anybody. As soon as I hopped on a 110 alt and forgot to turn war mode on, I noticed a ton of players of 110-120 doing quests/WQs and fighting over tagging mobs, so I switched War Mode back on and went back to that area and it was nice and peaceful.

So War Mode definitely has its benefits (even if it's empty) if you're wanting a peaceful, chill time. Easy enough to avoid the zergs/bounty assassins and most players don't attack each other anyway, but it's fun when they do.
is this some kind of rethorical blizz bashing on failed attempt to even bribe people in wm?

i am in

they removed Windowed Mode for this?!?!
I was keep saying that WM ( WPvP ) sucks big time in BfA after 1 day into the expansion, since almost all - at least Alliance side - have WM off.

I still don't get it, how Blizzard made this into an option. Moreso , the whole expansion was basically , build on Hordes vs Alliance , yet .. turning WM on and off was from the start, the most idiotic thing and canceled the basics of the expansion.

BfA, unfortunately , feels like an unfinished expansion as of now. Things might get better with 8.1 , 8.2 , etc , but until then, I won't anymore touch BfA .
i feel forced to play on WM because of my broken straight up dps boosing pvp talents.
The story being offered in this expansion is Horde vs Alliance. Alliance are supposed to feel pissed off because the Horde are scumbags. They are. They deserve nothing but drowning in pools of spit and excrement. So, why not buy this narrative and go out of your way to try to enjoy the game? Blizzard has facilitated World PvP for real for the first time since Vanilla. There are ample oppurtunities to take it all out on the Horde.

Now we mostly can't make players ragequit by just camping their corpses but we can make people upset and annoyed. In this watered down version of the game I feel that is fine.

I feel that you have confused the goal of this expansion. You think it's about getting to 120, maxing professions, doing WQs for rep and pumping up your ilvl. But you are surely missing the main objective: WAR! Therefor you are missing out on content.

WorldPvP will die down. Trust me. It will. There will be a drought and 1.5+ year of ppl just avoiding confrontation. You have your shot now. Take it. Make Horde players quit the game. Let the forums flow with salty tears of butthurt Horde.
On my main I have it ON since BfA launch. But when playing my alt (I played only one other alt to 120 in BfA so far), I leave it off.

The best thing about it is that I have a CHOICE without having to leave my guild and pay for realm transfer every time I want to change.
It's not much of a problem of warmode but more so that some classes are a complete joke in pvp and some like disc priest or rogue are completely dominating.

Then it isn't much of a surprise you don't want to play with handicap and turn wm off.

If blizzard did better job at class design and balancing their game warmode could have been really amazing. I honestly can't understand how some classes made it live through beta like this.
I personally instantly turned off WM at 120, cba to deal with that when all I want is to complete WQs quickly lol
29/08/2018 19:40Posted by Taxation
The story being offered in this expansion is Horde vs Alliance. Alliance are supposed to feel pissed off because the Horde are scumbags. They are. They deserve nothing but drowning in pools of spit and excrement. So, why not buy this narrative and go out of your way to try to enjoy the game? Blizzard has facilitated World PvP for real for the first time since Vanilla. There are ample oppurtunities to take it all out on the Horde.

Now we mostly can't make players ragequit by just camping their corpses but we can make people upset and annoyed. In this watered down version of the game I feel that is fine.

I feel that you have confused the goal of this expansion. You think it's about getting to 120, maxing professions, doing WQs for rep and pumping up your ilvl. But you are surely missing the main objective: WAR! Therefor you are missing out on content.

WorldPvP will die down. Trust me. It will. There will be a drought and 1.5+ year of ppl just avoiding confrontation. You have your shot now. Take it. Make Horde players quit the game.

The problem with this is that, Warmode(TM) has no feeling of PvP or a game to it. It simply boils down to: WM on - get ganked 10v1 at every wq spot.

Since you bring vanilla into the discussion I have to say, nothing in vanilla forced you to do or lead you to doing pvp. It was a subtle decision between PvE or PvP server and what you made out of it completely depended on you.
Hell, I could have played PvP server on my priest just to MC/buff and /kiss hordes...
That was the beauty with vanilla, everything came in a subtle manner and no one forced you into any activity at all. You also had a closed server community with an usually active forum, so if you'd go overboard in terms of douchiness you made a bad name for you quickly.

Unlike in anonymous retail where I desperately try to do 1 WQ while getting stomped by one 5-10m horde group that phases in from nowhere after the other.

If they want to fix Warmode they first have to create real closed server communities again and prevent people from phasing in and out and changing to different servers/battlegroups at will, that'd be the first step.
WM is for rogues.
29/08/2018 19:54Posted by Chato
WM is for rogues.
And disc priests.

edit: I disabled WM the moment I hit 120 :p
The extra trouble to complete WQs wasn't worth it to me, even if there was some fun to be had at times.
Ally chicken faction forever disabled wm :>
I don't know, i think 10% bonus made WM pointless. If you want to PvP - you turn WM on, if you want to PvE - sometimes you turn WM on anyway, because you want this 10%. Like i did for example. For rogue it's easier to avoid PvP in warmode, but there are people of other classes who avoid PvP too, i often see people of opposite faction who just stand quietly near WQ mob and wait for their turn to kill him. What the point to make WM alluring for people who don't want to PvP?
War Mode as Horde is really funny atm, there's a handful of Alliance around, much less than at launch, and every time you see one they instantly jump on you and try to gank you, even when they're 110 and you're 120, and they ALWAYS lose, I don't know why but the Alliance with WM on are hyper-aggressive even against foes they have no chance to win against.

I think the problem with WM is that generally the Horde seem to be better at killing Alliance out in the world (I noticed this on my Ally character as well), and as such most Alliance players have toggled WM off, leaving only confused players with it still on, and the bloodthirsty yet awful people remaining, making it worthless for any Alliance who just want to try out some WPvP because they're massively outnumbered.
There is a new War Mode forum use it.
I turned it off after I hit 120 on my Alliance

Crazy thing is, there's a ton more people around now that it's off.
So many Alliance carebears here.

But good for you, come back when you are ready to PvP, and get ganked by me <3
29/08/2018 21:24Posted by Farglare
So many Alliance carebears here.

But good for you, come back when you are ready to PvP, and get ganked by me <3

You mean by you and 10 more ? The only way your gank could succeed is 3v1 or 5v1.

Alliance Warmode is completely broken.There is always more hordes in almost every shard i get into.Like 90% of my figts are 1v3 and its getting frustrating.

And no i woun't disable warmode since this is Warcraft and wpvp is in the core of the game.They just need to fix it.
There should be no such thing as War Mode. It should be like it was before with no such things, but every Horde being able to attack any Alliance out there and vice versa, if they want so. In Legion many just skipped from attacking, while doing world quests. So probably the world PvP Blizzard wanted did not go that well after all.

But ya I haven't seen many Alliance players as WM mode on in Horde zones. Kind of lame from them doing the "noob" style of reputation grind.

On my realm I just see Horde ganking Alliance players, which is kind of lame too.. Although once I saw a low lvl 115 Alliance player (Disc Priest) fighting back against 5 lvl 120 Horde players. It was funny to see it apart.