Theory, we will not be killing Sylvanas.

Story
Here's why

Blizzard will not allow this, think back to the past, we have an equal number of Races, we have a equal number of cities (going to ignore suramar for the time being) When Cairne Died, Magni had to "Die"

Sylvanas raided a city, we raided theirs, now Night elves and Forsaken have no homes to go to

yet, what happened with Orgrimmar? From a point of view, Alliance won that battle, we raided a capital city, captured Garrosh, and put him on trial, we raided a capital city of our enemy faction and the Horde doesn't get to return the favour?

Anduin is too trusting, he's an idiot, in the book, he could had been very easily killed, in the game, he could had again been very easily killed, if Jaina wasn't there.

Anduin is going to be the one that dies, or suffer a massive defeat, hell we see in the Cinematic that he was almost defeated TWICE, first time he mass revive everyone and the second time Jaina came in a ship, count the throne room and you get three.

Who else has this same prediction?
I hope so, I'm tired of Horde redemption stories. I swear, if I hear about orc honor one more time...
11/08/2018 13:35Posted by Ancelota
Sylvanas raided a city, we raided theirs, now Night elves and Forsaken have no homes to go to

There was no raid in Darnassus, it was destroyed completely without any Horde grunt setting foot inside the city.

Alliance won that battle

The Alliance and Darkspear Rebellion won the battle.

we raided a capital city

With the help of the Darkspear Rebellion, we raided a capital city. They asked us to raid that capital city, too.

captured Garrosh

The neutral Pandaren captured Garrosh.

and put him on trial

The Celestials and their neutral Pandaren put Garrosh on trial.

we raided a capital city of our enemy faction

As did the Horde. Orgrimmar was the capital city of the True Horde, which was the enemy of both King Varian and Vol'jin. Therefore, the Horde also raided a capital city of their enemy faction.

and the Horde doesn't get to return the favour?

They have no favour to return.

Without King Varian, Vol'jin and his Rebellion would have been crushed before they even set foot inside Orgrimmar.

Anduin is too trusting, he's an idiot

The official Legion website states that he is wise beyond his years.

in the book, he could had been very easily killed, in the game, he could had again been very easily killed, if Jaina wasn't there.

But he didn't die. That's what matters. And he learned from those near-death experiences, in fact he barely even appears in the Kul Tiran questing experience, and stays most of the time inside his home, the Stormwind Keep, where he belongs.

Anduin is going to be the one that dies

Not going to happen, as per the canon Son of the Wolf comic.

or suffer a massive defeat

He already did at the Burning of Teldrassil.

hell we see in the Cinematic that he was almost defeated TWICE

And Sylvanas was almost lost in hell TWICE throughout her career as Banshee Queen. What's your point?
Calia Menethil's story arc in Before the Storm made it rather obvious that Sylvanas will not be leading the Forsaken in the long term.
11/08/2018 14:09Posted by Menar
Calia Menethil's story arc in Before the Storm made it rather obvious that Sylvanas will not be leading the Forsaken in the long term.

Is it really that obvious? To me it's more likely we'll have some lightforged undead allied race for the alliance, or similar flufferies.
To have Calia lead the forsaken (at least all of them) we would need them to suddenly completely change in culture and imagery, and switch to the alliance.
I can't see that happen, ever, and not only because lore-wise it's absurd, but mostly because Blizzard won't make such radical changes to the structure of the game.

Whether this happens or not, what is clear is that Blizzard seems to going along the original plan of giving everyone a time as "Warchief." Sylvanas will not be Warchief by the end of this expansion. Whether she leads the Forsaken or not, I couldn't care less, but what is absolutely certain is that she won't be having that "Warchief" title.

This is for the betterment of the game because I look at the Horde leaders on that ship in the cutscene and I see more Humans and Elves...like what the actual f*ck? That is so f*****g backwards, it's not even funny. Humans and Elves on the Alliance ship, that's fine. Give me Orcs, Tauren and Trolls on the Horde ship, with maybe a Forsaken or two here or there. That's the Horde...not Elf-Scourge Rebels.

I love the Blood Elves and Nightborne as they are 2 of my 3 favourite races in WoW...but having the former seemingly take over the Horde in every expansion, with a bunch of undead humans and elves...it's embarrassing to even play Horde.
Technically Sylvanas destroyed two cities, so if your idea of balance is correct then Andy in must live so that he can destroy two cities.
Yes, let's give the Alliance even more defeats than they already have. Make them look like even greater fools. Drive what little players play that faction away.

OP, you for real?
11/08/2018 14:19Posted by Veladre

Is it really that obvious? To me it's more likely we'll have some lightforged undead allied race for the alliance, or similar flufferies.
To have Calia lead the forsaken (at least all of them) we would need them to suddenly completely change in culture and imagery, and switch to the alliance.
I can't see that happen, ever, and not only because lore-wise it's absurd, but mostly because Blizzard won't make such radical changes to the structure of the game.

1) I got the sense in the book that they were writing Calia as primarily concerned with the former people of Lordaeron, secondly a neutral order hall priest and a member of the current Alliance a very distant third. After all, in a sense she betrayed the interests of the Alliance to try and save a few forsaken. Her rising into undeath was a massive honking signal of what's in store for her imo. Add that to the fact that there are very few other logical alternatives to Sylvanas for leading the Forsaken..

2) Anduin's stated aim is peace and I think it's very likely that lasting peace between the factions will, one way or another, be the outcome of BfA. If the factions are not at war in lore then what's to stop Calia leading the forsaken within the Horde? In fact it would fit into the lasting peace narrative much more so than someone like Nathanos leading the Forsaken.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard restructured the game completely away from Horde vs Alliance in the next expansion and had each race just exisiting in their own right. I don't think it'd be as hard as you might think.
Magni had to "Die
hes not dead though.
Sylvanas wont be killed, atleast not as a villain. Sylvanas is not the bad guy of this expansion. And anduin will actually be more of a side character. This expansion Will be heavily about what are the opening lines of the cinematic trailer, spoken by sylvanas.

People in the lore and in the community have spoke the nonsense, of sylvanas hating all life or in essence "becoming the enemy of life itself" schensnigans. But that is not true, instead i would argue that she understands life and vallues it in a way that none of the other faction leaders could even hope to, her having fought for the living and the dead, in life and in undeath.

Azerite has changed the balance of things, those who have read the novella "A Good War", know, that sylvanas isnt out for blood just for the sake of it. She is doing what needs to be done to save the horde. She simply knows better than anybody else, due to the unique perspective she has.

Her methods may be cruel to those leaning towards more pacifist kind of life, but her motives have never, ever been "evil" like those opposed to her actions have been saying lately.

When it comes down to matters of life and death, there is no point in sugar coating things. Like sylvanas told saurfang, honor means nothing to a corpse.

Sylvanas might die, it is likely, but she wont go down as a villain, Sylvanas will be celebrated as a hero by the end of BFA, instead of being shunned as the bad guy.
She will likely survive by blizzard giving her some important task that she must see to, Think Illidan kind of send off, only less distant and permanent.

This means someone else has to take over the day-to-day running of the horde, oh boi i wonder who it will be.
As did the Horde. Orgrimmar was the capital city of the True Horde, which was the enemy of both King Varian and Vol'jin. Therefore, the Horde also raided a capital city of their enemy faction.

Your ability of mental gymnastics is incredible.

Or hell no that holy bones puppet !@#$% of the alliance needs to become a raid boss.
11/08/2018 17:17Posted by Khelissa
She will likely survive by blizzard giving her some important task that she must see to, Think Illidan kind of send off, only less distant and permanent.

This means someone else has to take over the day-to-day running of the horde, oh boi i wonder who it will be.

I think this too

And I think Baine will lead the Horde while Nathanos will be the new leader of Forsaken. The forsaken would not accept anyone else.

Killing Sylvanas as villain would destroy the game balance-wise. The forsaken dont see Sylvanas as a queen but more as a goddess, the very forsaken being. Forsaken is more a cult than a race, with Sylvanas as the object of worship.

Imagine something killing Elune... what would happen to the nightelves? Exactly. Same thing with the forsaken. Not only you would destroy a "race" but alienate alot of player.
Can't see her dying, even with Christie(I love Jaina and Anduin!) Golden involved in the process. It would be too much of a retread of Siege of Orgrimmar.
She, like Jaina, simply has too much of a die-hard fanbase.

I -can- see her being deposed however.

1. She Realises what she has become. Summermoon actually wins. Sylvanas cannot defeat life, cannot defeat hope, even the life and hope she still has herself, and realises she is doing more harm than good. She sees a bleak future where the Horde turns away from her, leaving her with no shield against an Alliance that is out for vengeance. Or, she can step down. She steps down.

2. She is actively deposed. Her Actions with the Blight, on reflection by the rest of the Horde lead them to call into question her fitness to rule. Sure, Vol'jin heard voices, did anyone else? All they have is the dying words of a Troll poisoned by Fel, and the Legion is always 100% truthful, right? The Other Horde leaders simply turn around and say "No. We will not follow you anymore. You can remain in the Horde, but we will not follow you as Warchief" If that happens, it has to be a Horde only thing though, as otherwise it -is- just a retread of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Problems with that, is that it is not in Sylvanas' nature to allow herself to 'lose'. She did that once, at the Fall of Quel'thalas, and the scars it left are clearly a deep-seated part of her psyche. Stepping down as Warchief would be an admission of failure. She doesn't need a second failure in her life to define her. It leaves a power vacuum, only three people can realistically fill it. Baine, Saurfang or Lor'themar.

Lor'themar doesn't -want- the job, but then we have seen he will -do- a job he doesn't want if he feels he is the best candidate, he is not averse to being Warchief when Rommath suggests it to him post the Purge of Dalaran.
From a practical point of view, if he was made Warchief I think the 'Old Horde' players would scream and kick their heels, so he won't get it.

Baine would be a more palatable option for the people who don't understand the modern Horde, but also a less palatable one. Whilst the character would be an excellent choice, people seem to want a Warchief who is always beating their breast and roaring at people, and they see his diplomacy as weakness, rather than an actual desirable quality in a leader.

Saurfang would also be palatable, however the problem there is that he makes very little lore sense. The Horde was just led to ruin by the Traitor Hellscream, and many Orcs sided with him. That was only a few years back. Can the Horde -trust- another Orc Warchief so soon? Saurfang is a very different Orc than Garrosh, but even so, is the Faction willing to support a person from a race that betrayed them so badly? I personally think he would be the best choice, and 'Old Soldier' only convinced me more.

He is not your meathead soldier like Garrosh, he is not as biddable as Thrall. He has anger, and doubt, and regret, and he -cares- about the Horde. Even when slamming Zappy Boi (I don't care that he has a name, he's Zappy Boi to me) away, it is 'tough love'. He's seeking a 'Good Death' and doesn't want a young soldier who has never fought a battle to have to face that. He's protecting him.

I think they're setting up Saurfang to be next Warchief, but I don't think Sylvanas will die.
11/08/2018 17:44Posted by Brigante
he is not as biddable as Thrall.

No, he is far worse than Thrall in this case to the point I wouldn't be surprised if his would use his instant power as Warchief to make us al vassals of Anduin.
Why the need for a 'theory'. ???

Just one cell in a person's brain is enough to know that Sylvanas will still be here come BfA's end.
My theory is that when we capture Sylvanas we'll throw her into the Sunwell and watch what happens. A living anti-Horde Sylvanas that remembers all the evil she has done while she was dead and all the good she did while she was alive trying to atone for her crimes in Silvermoon would be great.
Naturally after Lor'Themar is dead and Silvermoon is property of Void inc.
11/08/2018 17:44Posted by Brigante
he is not averse to being Warchief when Rommath suggests it to him post the Purge of Dalaran

Lor'themar is an awsome character, would be shame if they ruined his storyline because that's what they do the warchiefs.

Maybe it's better if he doesn't get the job.

Pshhh Calia will never be leading the Forsaken. She’s destined to be some trash boss in a Light themed raid.