Let RP players opt-in to War Mode with other servers

General
EDIT: PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING YOUR RESPONSE. THIS IS NOT A POST ASKING BLIZZARD TO MATCH RP REALMS WITH NON-RP REALMS IN WAR MODE.

13 years ago I made my first ever character on an RP server purely by accident. My younger self didn't know what RP meant at the time and as such paid no notice to it.

13 years later I've grown very attached to my home server, so much so I have 10 characters here, and have made many good friends during my time here.

Until now, never has being on an RP server impeded my ability to enjoy the game the same way players on other servers do. Now however, I am forced into a watered down version of War Mode while players on other servers get to enjoy the real thing. I was never given the option or consulted on how I would like to play War Mode personally, rather blizzard has assumed ALL players on RP servers would prefer to play exclusively with players on RP servers.

So my server is essentially now my prison as far as War Mode is concerned. I'd like to be able to enjoy War Mode to it's fullest extent, however that feature is hidden behind a £190 fee for all of my characters.

I get that protecting the integrity of RP servers is quite important should players invading from other realms ruin the roleplaying environment. However, I see no harm in giving players on RP servers the option to opt-in to being matched with other servers. OR, at the very least, offer a temporary free server migration to players on RP servers due to this change that has now had a direct negative impact on some players on those servers.

I get that this may impact negatively on the number of players playing War Mode on RP servers, but surely a non-RPer being removed from the pool can only be a good thing?
Just join another player's group/party and problem fixes itself =)
Here we go again...
but like I don't see the issue, you get matched against rp servers that also turn on warmode ? or something else?

turst me you aren't missing out, if you aren't seeing people its because the warmode world pvp really comes into effect at 120
17/08/2018 02:23Posted by Lázlow
blizzard has assumed ALL players on RP servers would prefer to play exclusively with players on RP servers

Blizzard didn't assume this, players on RP servers went radio rental at the devs during the first implementation of sharding because they were being separated.
That does explain it. I made my characters on Defias when I switched to horde years ago since it was the realm with the closest to a 50% faction split in the EU.
Nowadays if I see any alliance, they're from Argent Dawn.
17/08/2018 02:39Posted by Makarg
Just join another player's group/party and problem fixes itself =)

Having to join another player's group to do War Mode with other servers will get very frustrating very quickly.

17/08/2018 03:37Posted by Pixxel
but like I don't see the issue, you get matched against rp servers that also turn on warmode ? or something else?

Because I also want to play with players who aren't from RP servers.

17/08/2018 05:56Posted by Rhovanor
17/08/2018 02:23Posted by Lázlow
blizzard has assumed ALL players on RP servers would prefer to play exclusively with players on RP servers

Blizzard didn't assume this, players on RP servers went radio rental at the devs during the first implementation of sharding because they were being separated.

You've read 'SOME' where I have put 'ALL' in that sentence. I put it in capitals so people wouldn't miss it, but somehow you still did.
RP servers are about communities. They want to be only amongst themselves since they want to meet only people that RP also.

Make a second char to pvp on another server. Server transfer if you're not into roleplaying and that's it. RP realms shouldn't be changed. Guilds on RP servers want to make 40 v 40 events based on people on those realms not with random "benisXDXD.meme" to ruin their immersion.

If they shard you, they will also shard ALL the other RP players that don't want to be sharded with non-RP players.
17/08/2018 17:05Posted by Dudas
RP servers are about communities. They want to be only amongst themselves since they want to meet only people that RP also.

Make a second char to pvp on another server. Server transfer if you're not into roleplaying and that's it. RP realms shouldn't be changed. Guilds on RP servers want to make 40 v 40 events based on people on those realms not with random "benisXDXD.meme" to ruin their immersion.

If they shard you, they will also shard ALL the other RP players that don't want to be sharded with non-RP players.

It's like you haven't even read my post.
17/08/2018 17:01Posted by Lázlow
but somehow you still did.

I read it just fine and I told you Blizzard didn't assume anything, they made changes to the game, these changes were detrimental to RP players enjoyment, they remedied that with a situation that's not to your liking because YOU made a mistake on server choice.

I sympathise with the circumstance, I joined an RP/PvP (Scarshield Legion) server not knowing what it was or meant just like you, I remedied it with my wallet.

Sounds like you want to eat your cake and have it!
Actually, I found that we do phase with other realms.

In argent dawn i was talking in general chat and some people asked how come an argent dawn is phased with them.

And one dude said he left the rp realms to a normal one so he can phase with other realms. Now he's thinking of coming back to argent dawn.

Oh hi Someoneelse ^^/
No thanks.

If you want people from normal realms, go join a "normal" realm.

Some people will RP in warmode for instance.

Even if you don't RP like myself, it'd be disruptive.
17/08/2018 18:12Posted by Museki
No thanks.

If you want people from normal realms, go join a "normal" realm.

Some people will RP in warmode for instance.

Even if you don't RP like myself, it'd be disruptive.

thing is, it is acting as if it's normal. unless it;s just on argent dawn.
Hell no. Server transfer if you don’t RP.
17/08/2018 18:19Posted by Aeula
Hell no. Server transfer if you don’t RP.

one guy did and asked how come a an argent dawn is in the normal warmode.

i was on warmode, on a rp realm pew pew'ing stuff. he said he left rp for normal.

i was suprised how many non-rp realm players were in warmode. kazzak players which is known for pvp realm too.
17/08/2018 18:14Posted by Penya

They turn sharding back on for RP servers if needed around launches for server stability.
17/08/2018 18:24Posted by Rhovanor
17/08/2018 18:14Posted by Penya

They turn sharding back on for RP servers if needed around launches for server stability.

when did they turn it on? cause i was talking to people who are not part of the rp realms yesterday.

i was also in the troll city doing guild ads, one person wanted to join but couldn't cause not from argent dawn.
17/08/2018 18:27Posted by Penya
when did they turn it on?

By default, sharding is always disabled on RP realms, except where needed for server stability. When events drive large numbers of players to specific areas, we shard them as needed. Sharding has once again been disabled, but we expect it will be needed for launch events soon.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1022566187266232320
17/08/2018 18:50Posted by Rhovanor
17/08/2018 18:27Posted by Penya
when did they turn it on?

By default, sharding is always disabled on RP realms, except where needed for server stability. When events drive large numbers of players to specific areas, we shard them as needed. Sharding has once again been disabled, but we expect it will be needed for launch events soon.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1022566187266232320

oh i already know about that, it was why a post like this was made before.

but what i'm saying here is that this rp warmode system isn't activated. well at least i know what i'm talking about x.x
@penya Ion H was a bit vague saying generally, so who knows:

That's an inaccurate summary. War Mode players will remain separate from non-War Mode players. The difference is that on RP servers, you'll still generally only see people from your own realm.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1005237051166355456