Self heal on bfa?

Demon Hunter
Legion pve self-heal was totally overpowered, but the nerf to it in BFA is way beyond reasonable.

Especially on island expeditions when u get unlucky and have no heal at all on team, it's frustrating to a point of quitting the expedition early.

Yeah I know, we are quick to disengage and run away. But compared to other classes, who have either sustainable self-heal, can off-heal themselves or just ooc easily it doesn't feel right at all at the current state of the game.

I tried playing with soul-rending and netherwalk but neither seems adequat.

Yeah, yeah... I know...
ex-OP class complaining, tears... bla bla bla
get a healer for queuing, etc...

I know that and I will do that, but many other PPL won't be enjoying it very much. Furthermore I'm simply comparing my Impressions on the different classes I already leveled to 120 and the DH just feels very underwhelming.
I've noticed that for island expeditions you HAVE to go soulrending + demonic (maybe even demonic appetite) to stay alive. Other than that Chaos Nova is still a really strong self heal (souls spawning) and blur is one of the best defensives in the game for DPS.
Yeah, it's really annoying.. if a Mage/Paladin bubble or a Rogue vanishes you have nothing better to do than sit and wait... or run away and eat, I guess. Lame as hell. I think we're the only class with no self-heal, entirely relying on doing damage for it.
People have been complaining since beta. It will not be fixed. DH is entirely healer dependent in any competitive content.
Why is it always from one extreme to another with class design in wow. :/
22/08/2018 02:59Posted by Adirei
Why is it always from one extreme to another with class design in wow. :/

Blizzard logic, can't reduce or buff by a few % it's always overkill one way or another
Gotta fix everything thats not broken, and what it lets break it even more. -Blizz bfa balance
The expan was rushed out the door, they even admitted it. I hope in 8.1 or sooner they rework the class's correctly. DH's in PVP suck, DH tanking in raids is trash. So for the 2 "big things" at end game we suck.. Least our DPS seems ok so thats only 1 if you don't tank.
One of the big things I think DH needs a rebalance for is survivability. Self healing is basically not existent, even with 30% leech you need 3+ enemies around you to do some regen. Either give us more armor or bump our leech to 50 percent.
Compared to Legion ending we now have a massively increased Health/Dps ratio (like it was before Emerald Nightmare Raid) plus Lifeleech Talent has been nerfed.
Took a screenshot of the scoreboard after an odd 3v3 skirmish. Basically me, ret, a dudu heal vs 2 frost mages and their monk healer. Cant link the screen though, not at home atm. Might later.

However, I distinctly remember both mages did around 200k healing, I did 100k. As a DH, with most damage done that match, approx 1 mil. I really dont get how or why. Heres a class that is all about utility, slowing, control, and a huge absorption barrier, and somehow they manage to outheal a DH. I even have that trait that heals me a bit every time i get hit by hard cc besides soul rending.

Ive also seen enha shamans topping healing in BGs so saying that everyones healing and self heals got curbed wouldnt be correct. Their heals are simply beast.

I still think we probably have it better than frost dks(in terms of overall pvp performance) but why bring a dh if you could bring an arms whose mobility isnt that much worse, has scarier burst on a shorter cd, mortal wounds, and an actual slow in their kit?
20/08/2018 21:24Posted by Kelduril
Yeah, it's really annoying.. if a Mage/Paladin bubble or a Rogue vanishes you have nothing better to do than sit and wait... or run away and eat, I guess. Lame as hell. I think we're the only class with no self-heal, entirely relying on doing damage for it.

When that rogue vanishes you should be hitting spectral sight and popping him straight back out with a Glaive.
on islands i got no problem with self healing,problem is just in pvp
I think blizzard need to do our leech talent are base for havoc and replace this talent for some self 30% heal with a 1-2 minute CD like a druid have, why druid have all this self-heal and have a talent for30% health and we have the garbage 10 leech , idk - if they do this we can choose, play with heal and 3 talent, or play without heal with a 1 talent self-healing, so simple