Personal loot system. Flawed beyond belief.

Dungeons & Raids
I have come across multiple serious problems with the Personal loot system, apart from my initial dislike:

1: Weapon upgrades are tracked per type. This means that if you have a dagger and receive a lower item level sword, it may still be counted as an upgrade and be untradeable.

Like, seriously Blizzard? What the utter !@#$?

2: You cannot trade an item if it has a higher item level than what you have previously looted for that gear slot/spec.

Which means, if I get a 340 Strength trinket, I cannot trade it away. Even though I have a 355 Holy trinket.

3: Both players participating in the trade must have participated in the fight, and be eligible for the loot. If you died during the encounter, you may not be eligible to receive a trade even if you are otherwise able to get loot from the encounter.

Seriously? Does that mean, if you die during a raid and it somehow bugs, you're just %^-* out of luck?

All in all, I dislike the personal loot system to begin with. However, I accepted that it was the way forward and due to my love for the game I got over it. But these issues, which have no common sense behind it what-so-ever... They make me wonder why Blizzard deserves the amount of time and money I keep spending.
21/08/2018 15:47Posted by Caoillainne
2: You cannot trade an item if it has a higher item level than what you have previously looted for that gear slot/spec.

This prevents 'split run' abuse or anything of the likes where you can funnel everything into one character.

21/08/2018 15:47Posted by Caoillainne
3: Both players participating in the trade must have participated in the fight, and be eligible for the loot. If you died during the encounter, you may not be eligible to receive a trade even if you are otherwise able to get loot from the encounter.

This is how loot's worked since ancient times; if you're present for an encounter you're eligible for its loot so you can't trade loot to someone who's done absolutely nothing in a fight.

Death doesn't mean anything in encounters though, but it's safe to tag a boss by hitting it once to show you've actually been in combat.
This prevents 'split run' abuse or anything of the likes where you can funnel everything into one character.

No it doesn't. People are still going to do split runs. Now they just have to put more effort into being able to do it. And hope stuff doesn't wf/tf high enough to be untradeable.
I thing personal loot for Dungeons is OK. Not ideal but ok. For raids is a another story.

Biggest problem for me there is, that you cannot trade every item (azerite gear). I understand why but why azerite armor dropping as equipment and not as tradable token (something like Tier - rogue/mage/druid/DK) ? Example: for 1 piece of armor you need like 5 tokens to buy it from vendor(only for dungeons not for raids). For me dungeon < raid so raids will attract more ppl. But when i go mythic with my guild and collect 3x chest and cannot trade it to our healer which have ilvl about 305 its curious.
22/08/2018 09:31Posted by Anaximus
I thing personal loot for Dungeons is OK. Not ideal but ok. For raids is a another story.

Biggest problem for me there is, that you cannot trade every item (azerite gear). I understand why but why azerite armor dropping as equipment and not as tradable token (something like Tier - rogue/mage/druid/DK) ? Example: for 1 piece of armor you need like 5 tokens to buy it from vendor(only for dungeons not for raids). For me dungeon < raid so raids will attract more ppl. But when i go mythic with my guild and collect 3x chest and cannot trade it to our healer which have ilvl about 305 its curious.

because just because 2 azerite pieces have the same itlv it doesnt mean they are equally worth .

the delta (for DH) between strongets and weakest trait on first ring is +/- 4% , on 2nd ring its +/- 1% , then there is def ring which also have stronger and weaker defensives (for example for me bubble every 30 sec seems to be worth more then self healing but it for sure depends on individual preferences)

to summ it up - the difference between 3 bis pieces and 3 worst pieces is 15% of possible dps (at least for my class ) - which is huge for stuff that has equal itlv.
22/08/2018 10:19Posted by Lilîith
because just because 2 azerite pieces have the same itlv it doesnt mean they are equally worth .

Yep, it is true. This is on each item but have a possibility to choose if you need it or give it to team m8.

About DPS i do not care right now. I am tank but agree. Same ilvl will never be equal becouse of secondary stats/traits.

PS: Still better then legion legendary system :)
Just have to realize that Blizzard is trying their best to make you play for as long as you can. Amazed they have not removed the option to trade gear at all yet... I should perhaps not mention it as they might get ideas of doing just that.