Returning players need to grind old content for new content.

General
1 2 3 6 Next
Why do returning players have to grind old reputation that is not relevant to the current expansion just to unlock the new races. It really is quite daft.
Because in Blizzard's mind this will make them play longer, and that is literally the only thing they still care about at this point.

1) Stretch out every possible grind to infinity

2) People will play for ever and ever

3) Profit

Well, at least in theory.
It was advertised clearly, maybe read that stuff before buying a product eh?
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Wankman
Because in Blizzard's mind this will make them play longer, and that is literally the only thing they still care about at this point.

3) Profit

I wonder how many people would go back to 'The Burning Crusade' to get exalted with the Blood Elves and Draenei in order to play them in this current BFA expansion?
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Sornak

Why do you assume I didn't, maybe don't assume before knowing facts eh lad?
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Nûron

3) Profit

I wonder how many people would go back to 'The Burning Crusade' to get exalted with the Blood Elves and Draenei in order to play them in this current BFA expansion?

I don’t disagree with OP

But

I would go back to old content and grind something if it meant I got to do what I wanted
Why do i have to grind old continents for mounts for 400 mount achievement which came with BFA?
18/08/2018 15:40Posted by Manlovelol
Why do i have to grind old continents for mounts for 400 mount achievement which came with BFA?

Are the mounts advertised as the main feature. Also what does this even mean
18/08/2018 15:37Posted by Nûron
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Sornak

Then you should have returned to the game earlier if you wanted to unlock them? Blizz have said that they have no plans on changing the unlock requirements so.
That i have to do old content for rewards in current expansion? but because its an allied race all of a sudden its an issue?
18/08/2018 15:43Posted by Sornak

Then you should have returned to the game earlier if you wanted to unlock them? Blizz have said that they have no plans on changing the unlock requirements so.

Well another thing you assumed. I don't actually care about unlocking them, I am just giving feedback to Blizzard about game design to improve the game as I enjoy it and would like to see more people play but not game design as bad as this. Check the forums there is a lot of returning players complaining about this, if enough people leave I am sure they will change the requirements so.
lazy bum
18/08/2018 15:33Posted by Nûron
Why do returning players have to grind old reputation that is not relevant to the current expansion just to unlock the new races. It really is quite daft.

The requirements were listed NINE months before release of BfA.
If you wanted to play new races, you should have returned sooner.

as someone who recently returned to the game after taking 18 months off fighting cancer (which I just found out has returned) I find these kind of comments distasteful. You have NO idea why people have been absent from the game. I hope you never experience a similar life changing event.....
Yes because everyone who takes time of WoW has cancer.

Sorry to hear it and i hope you become clear, but this aint the place to be telling people this.
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Nûron

3) Profit

I would if I really wanted to play those races. Same with any race if I really wanted it I'd put in the effort to get it no matter how boring it was.
Why did you have to start a new thread? You are already contributing to an active thread on this issue on the main forum page?

Is it because your arguments were failing so you hope by spamming a new thread you will get what you want?
18/08/2018 15:47Posted by Nûron

Well another thing you assumed. I don't actually care about unlocking them, I am just giving feedback to Blizzard about game design to improve the game as I enjoy it and would like to see more people play but not game design as bad as this. Check the forums there is a lot of returning players complaining about this, if enough people leave I am sure they will change the requirements so.

I said if you wanted to unlock them. So didn't assume anything there actually but yes I agree the requirements should change. i just wanted to let you know and anyone reading that they don't have plans for it.
18/08/2018 15:51Posted by Tinkleboom

as someone who recently returned to the game after taking 18 months off fighting cancer (which I just found out has returned) I find these kind of comments distasteful. You have NO idea why people have been absent from the game. I hope you never experience a similar life changing event.....

Sorry that you're going through such a terrible thing. I also have to take time out from the game due to chronic ill health and it sucks but I also accept that I'm gonna miss out on things because of that.
18/08/2018 15:51Posted by Tinkleboom

Honestly I ignore these comments because they add nothing to the discussion.