Returning players need to grind old content for new content.

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Common sense and reading comprehension is lost on you huh.

Oh really, can you explain why I mean I answered your comment and you just said some nonsense about me not understanding it. Your response doesn't make sense in the context. Just give up mate.

So judging by the fact no one has an actual argument and just resorts to character attacks I will assume that this argument is settled, blizzard should think of a better way to unlock allied races for new players.

Nah the argument hasn't gone your way and you realise that starting another new thread when the argument wasn't going your way in the thread you were contributing in on the same subject before wasn't going your way hasn't worked the way you wanted so now you're trying to force a "well I've won anyway because you're all stupid <fingers in ears> I'm not listening to anyone who doesn't agree with me so I win ner ner"
Yeah, rather waste time and space on forums complaining about it than playing a game.

It takes you 2-4 weeks to get the rep needed.

Also, why do you keep mentioning “BFA” content locked behind Legion?

It’s not bloody BFA content...

4 out of 8 races are BFA content. The others are Legion. And that’s why you should play Legion to unlock those 4 and play BFA for other 4.

Blizzard, i want “Insane” title. Buu it’s stupid it’s gated behind Vanilla content! Make it so i can get it in BFA! :p

Seriously guys, stop complaining and start playing...

The longer you complain, the longer it will take you to unlock them. :o
"Grind old reputation" Theres your problem, you didnt get exalted with said rep in its current expac and now those that have done so have to listen to you moan about stuff you DIDNT DO, so why should it be handed to you with no work?
19/08/2018 08:56Posted by Jareb
Yeah, rather waste time and space on forums complaining about it than playing a game.

4 out of 8 races are BFA content. The others are Legion. And that’s why you should play Legion to unlock those 4 and play BFA for other 4.

Blizzard, i want “Insane” title. Buu it’s stupid it’s gated behind Vanilla content! Make it so i can get it in BFA! :p

Herein lies peoples issue

“World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is now available for pre-purchase through the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop! When you pre-purchase a digital copy, you’ll receive a level 110 character boost to use immediately. You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne. And if you level an Allied Race character from 20–110*, you’ll earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication and commitment to Azeroth.”

Note:-

You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne

Why would someone read that and then say that the 4 new allied races were not BfA content?

This a a straight lift from blizz’s own page.
Here's the big issue, you can't grind the reputation. A grind implies focused, non-stop, extended effort, not being restricted by time gates.
18/08/2018 15:36Posted by Sornak
It was advertised clearly, maybe read that stuff before buying a product eh?
Allied races are BfA content, not Legion content.
19/08/2018 08:56Posted by Jareb

“World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is now available for pre-purchase through the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop! When you pre-purchase a digital copy, you’ll receive a level 110 character boost to use immediately. You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne. And if you level an Allied Race character from 20–110*, you’ll earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication and commitment to Azeroth.”

You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne

Why would someone read that and then say that the 4 new allied races were not BfA content?

Allied Races
Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth

And that is taken from the purchase page for bfa. Note it says begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races

Those allied races are legion but the quest to recruit is bfa. I agree that is wrong it should all be legion. You don't need bfa to do the unlock requirements only the recruitment quests. There is a huge difference. And it still boils down to people choosing to skip content whether that is new players using boosts or old players missing out legion. You skip it you miss out on stuff. It's a consequence of that choice, you are free to make that choice (we all skip stuff or miss stuff and who hasn't used or been tempted to use a free boost) but you can then complain at the consequence of your choice. That's what people can't seem to understand.

Allied Races
Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

And that is taken from the purchase page for bfa. Note it says begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races

Those allied races are legion but the quest to recruit is bfa. I agree that is wrong it should all be legion. You don't need bfa to do the unlock requirements only the recruitment quests. There is a huge difference. And it still boils down to people choosing to skip content whether that is new players using boosts or old players missing out legion. You skip it you miss out on stuff. It's a consequence of that choice, you are free to make that choice (we all skip stuff or miss stuff and who hasn't used or been tempted to use a free boost) but you can then complain at the consequence of your choice. That's what people can't seem to understand.

Yup - I agree; blizzard have not been good with their wording and confused people. Personally I always saw the current 4 as BfA content and we got early access to them as a reward for pre-purchase. I always ‘assumed’ they would lower the rep requirements for them at launch. Assuming anything is bad ofc. But I’m not the only one and I think Blizz didn’t help.

Luckily for me I got all 4 heritage armours before launch.....but I do feel sorry for those that are new/returnees having to play older content to unlock them when they want to be playing current content.

If it were my game and I’d advertised new races as part of my new expansion, I’d offer a way for players to unlock them in the new content too.

That’s just me though.
19/08/2018 09:44Posted by Emowitch

Allied Races

Yup - I agree; blizzard have not been good with their wording and confused people. Personally I always saw the current 4 as BfA content and we got early access to them as a reward for pre-purchase. I always ‘assumed’ they would lower the rep requirements for them at launch. Assuming anything is bad ofc. But I’m not the only one and I think Blizz didn’t help.

Luckily for me I got all 4 heritage armours before launch.....but I do feel sorry for those that are new/returnees having to play older content to unlock them when they want to be playing current content.

If it were my game and I’d advertised new races as part of my new expansion, I’d offer a way for players to unlock them in the new content too.

That’s just me though.

I assumed the same tbh i have the horde races unlocked and was 1 month from Expansion so didn't want to burn out by farming dailies for 4 weeks so took a break. I assumed they be either released or lower requirements once expansion came out as I thought it was a reward for pre-purchase. Like they did with the last few expansion you got access to X early for pre-purchase
@All: Has been said before, but seems that this is required again. Using a 110 boost as a complete newcomer is highly unadviceable. In fact, in most cases it seems to lead to a bad first impression. I am not alone in my view that a newcomer really should play the game from 1 to the current maximum level manually, without boosts, class skipping tricks, heirlooms, etc.

The "I am lost." / "Do not know what to do."-style threads are fairly common on the Newcomer / Returnee forum and most often caused by boosting.
18/08/2018 15:33Posted by Nûron
Why do returning players have to grind old reputation that is not relevant to the current expansion just to unlock the new races. It really is quite daft.

Why do I need to farm rep to get rep mounts I mean its old content !
Why do returning players have to grind old reputation that is not relevant to the current expansion just to unlock the new races. It really is quite daft.

I you're a returning player how is it old content? seeing as you havn't done it?
100% agreed
Common sense and reading comprehension is lost on you huh.

Oh really, can you explain why I mean I answered your comment and you just said some nonsense about me not understanding it. Your response doesn't make sense in the context. Just give up mate.

So judging by the fact no one has an actual argument and just resorts to character attacks I will assume that this argument is settled, blizzard should think of a better way to unlock allied races for new players.

Your incessant whining does not account for an actual argument, despite your desperate attempts to make it so. Legion Allied races are a reward to players who fought side by side with those races throughout the expansion. And the requirements for unlocking them were clearly stated on the BFA pre-purchase. You're free to dislike it, but don't come running to forums with your imaginary privilege trying to get stuff with no effort invested.
19/08/2018 11:12Posted by Daevius
Legion Allied races are a reward to players who fought side by side with those races throughout the expansion.

I don't know how to explain better than this, but either way there is no argument that would work against "I want it on the sliver plate".
There is no need to grind reputation, to complete the storylines and get revered is good enough for new players. I already have all exalted on my other account but try to understand from a new players perspective instead of your own small minded opinions l where you think you actually put effort into a video game so therefore everyone has to do the same.
19/08/2018 16:13Posted by Nûron
There is no need to grind reputation, to complete the storylines and get revered is good enough for new players. I already have all exalted on my other account but try to understand from a new players perspective instead of your own small minded opinions l where you think you actually put effort into a video game so therefore everyone has to do the same.

Maybe it's you that's small minded with your "gimme gimme gimme cus I want it" attitude? Not gonna go into new players and returning players and skipping content again. But please tell me why when you start a new character (as a new or old player making an alt) do you start at level 1 and not level 110 if it isn't intended for you to play every thing in the game from vanilla upwards?
Some people don't understand. It's annoying to be returning to WoW, and being limited to time with work. If they HAD to have a rep wall, at least not Exalted, it'll take so long if you have just started
19/08/2018 18:03Posted by Nefaryas
19/08/2018 16:13Posted by Nûron

Maybe it's you that's small minded with your "gimme gimme gimme cus I want it" attitude? Not gonna go into new players and returning players and skipping content again. But please tell me why when you start a new character (as a new or old player making an alt) do you start at level 1 and not level 110 if it isn't intended for you to play every thing in the game from vanilla upwards?

Not sure how strong that argument is when you can pay to skip to 110; or buy gold and looms (and boosts) and get to 110 in 30 odd hours