Just got kicked from a random dungeon

General
some dungeons are meant to be dark, geez

specially if you are tank or healer you usually forget how long que time it is for the damagers, easily +30 min and then the one who gets instants wants to go afk momentarily that will pisses anyone off and kick is deserved
25/08/2018 09:41Posted by Gowawa
I was fixing my brightness. It took them 2 minutes. No one said anything.
Just wanted to share it with you :)

#Gogogo#Pullmore#Linkachi

Yeah, I thought you weren't very bright.
Ppl not able to wait 5 minutes would not last a day in Vanilla servers.
people dont want to waste time.
u just got rekt son lul

Did you tell them you needed a minute or two? I agree with those who say you could have done that, but sometimes stuff happens irl which you cannot expect and people just LOVE kicking people out...
5 mins in a dungeon is 10 pulls easily and borderline first boss. Are you stupid or what?
Did you at least mention it to the group first.

If you just suddenly stand still for 2 minutes I wont instantly boot you but you do get on my pet peeve list.

I dont mind waiting, but its freaking dumb to just be afk for a couple of minutes without mentioning it beforehand.
25/08/2018 11:27Posted by Ravenant
Ppl not able to wait 5 minutes would not last a day in Vanilla servers.

because vanilla player dont have a life anyway
25/08/2018 10:11Posted by Redoctober
25/08/2018 09:46Posted by Gowawa
> 5 minutes
> a long time

When the whole dungeon takes 15 minutes, it is. That's a 33% increase in time spent because some dude decided it's the best time to fix his brightness.

You know, the best thing about Classic will be that people like you won't be there.
I really hope some of these people will go play classic Wow. They will get their head blown of. Grouping up in town. Walking to the dungeon. No vote to kick available. I wish Blizzard removed that feature. It's utter !@#$. But then again Blizzard seems to loooove %^-* these days, and every other day since Metzen..
25/08/2018 12:40Posted by Ruolan
I really hope some of these people will go play classic Wow. They will get their head blown of. Grouping up in town. Walking to the dungeon. No vote to kick available. I wish Blizzard removed that feature. It's utter !@#$. But then again Blizzard seems to loooove %^-* these days, and every other day since Metzen..

thanks god we dont live in 2004 anymore.

nothing worse in this game than people you rely on go afk and you have to wait,lf 30min for replacement or just give up and waste 2hours time.
25/08/2018 12:40Posted by Ruolan
No vote to kick available.

Yea because 1 person holding the kick hammer is better than the whole group :^)

Also in vanilla you waited just because it was actually faster to wait 10 or in some cases even 20 minutes than wait for a new guy to waddle from SW to maraudon for example. But thank god modern technology allows us to replace people who think rest of the party are there just for you.
Whilst peoples attitude in random dungeons is beyond disgusting..

25/08/2018 09:43Posted by Kordysa
you can do that outside of a dungeon, dont waste others people time.
Fix your stuff before coming to a dungeon. You literally brought this problem on yourself and blame other people because they dont want to waste their time.
25/08/2018 12:38Posted by Naeya
You know, the best thing about Classic will be that people like you won't be there.

Have fun healer going afk for dinner in the middle of BRD and having no choice apart from waiting for him or going back to the city, spamming LFG for 1 hour and then going back in.
Just what the heck did it took you 2+ minutes for fixing brightness, it's a single slidebar and pressing 'apply' you stay in the menu and see the effects.
Also we're almost 2 weeks in the expansion now, how the heck didn't this problem happened to you before?
Altho I too go afk sometimes, I tell people the reason and also try to do it between bosses, so they can still go clear trash, but as tank I try to finish everything and rather cancel the instant call in for HC, if I think I have some other things to do.
As for how dps is handled, it is a bit different, they have 10-30+ min queue times.
They probably got some sh*t to do irl in that time.
They can be left there if it's just one of them, trash still can be cleared, it's just a random HC, I can already solo some mythic lvl trash if I don't overpull, so random HC should be managable with a single missing dps.

All in all, both you and the others, that kicked you are in fault, you've made them wait, but they were stupid too, because they cared about you missing from group instead of just going ahead with slightly less agressive trash pulls.

Bright idea .................tell them you are adjusting a setting and you wount be long instead of maybe going afk and them thinking "oh we have a free loader" and kicking you .
25/08/2018 12:38Posted by Naeya

If you think classic is going to be less toxic then retail then you are so wrong so very wrong the first 2 to 3 months is going to be living hell until all the parasites go then its going to turn into a clique circle jerk where only the select few raid .
The whole of classic is going to be one huge waste of money.
The level of being triggered and flaming the OP for fixing brightness in dungeon, paired with the fowl language, states the perfect example how Wow community is evolving.

There is no space, place or time for anything but I, me, my and mine.

I ask you all, if you cannot stand "wasting" a minute or two, then what the fel are you even doing in Wow? In any game for that matter?

It's designed to waste your time, you know? Everything entertaining is :p

Basically you are complaining about wasting your time, while you waste your time, with your preferred way to waste your time.