People already requesting 340 for M Dungeons.

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
31/08/2018 10:12Posted by Coolks
Tbh makes sense.
I cleared first week where everyone was ilvl 305-315

Nobody knew strats or anything, took us 1-2 hours per dongeon with multiple wipes, was hello fun.

Sure, it can be done low ilvl. But why take an ilvl 315 now (you have no idea if he has done it before, if he will know mechanics or do dmg) vs taking an ilvl 330+ (who has probably cleared it before at least once, and on top of that has gear to make up any failings)

If you are low ilvl, you make your own groups with other low ilvl first timers to learn the dongeon and take the necessary time to clear it. If you are high ilvl you join other high ilvl groups who want fast farm runs. Nothing wrong there.

what i noticed is that low geared people are making 1 simple but huge mistake when applying to groups.

they apply to nearly ready groups (with tank and healer) instead look for freshly formed groups aka 1 dps . this is why they dont stand chance because the moment you have tank in you group you are flooded with 340 people applying
Good afternoon peeps,

First of all if you see that the minimum ilvl is activated at 340 at least you can assure the leader is that ilvl you can not set up a minimum ilvl higher than yours. That ofcourse if it is activated it is not obligated.

Secondly i am ones of those that asked 340 leather group due to sharing gear which i have done being myself 340+ I cant take a lower ilvl such as 320 because most likely all the gear that drops for him even tho its not his bis stats he wont be able to trade it with me.

Thirdly I read a lot of hate in here such as eletism or wannbe boosted dont assume that right away because it is not true ofc there are exceptions.

Lastely just create your own group and set your own rules.

Br.
why would i boost any random player and skip hes gearing experience ??
i worked hard on items i have and i expect randoms to be at least equal ilvl as me.
i want them to have more HP so, without communication a trash pack wont blow us up.

when comes to friends and clannies i have no ilvl restriction xd
me and my fellow friends invite 1 person.
our critieria is simple take the lowest ilvl XD
Well, at the 2nd week of the expansion (22nd August), some groups were already asking for 330 I-lvl + Achiev. from the previous reset (aka. first reset).

And even with PuGs, provided they can avoid most of the extra/avoidable damage and do some interrupts/stuns, some/most of the M-0 are doables at 320 I-lvl.
Making your own group is probably the way to go in my opinion. Easier for tanks or healers obviously. I'm new to healing and instead of applying to groups with low ilvl (around 315), I made my own instead for my first mythics. Didn't take overgeared people neither, out of the three dungeons only 1 group was really solid, and the other two were about 325 as ilvl average, basically people who are willing to get the thing done and take the time if needed.

I started the expac with mage, but I really don't expect to get into groups with that character, and I seem to prefer healing anyway.
Well, at the 2nd week of the expansion (22nd August), some groups were already asking for 330 I-lvl + Achiev. from the previous reset (aka. first reset).

And even with PuGs, provided they can avoid most of the extra/avoidable damage and do some interrupts/stuns, some/most of the M-0 are doables at 320 I-lvl.

there was plenty of groups asking for 340+ too - you just probably didnt see them because you had lower gear and they were invisible to you due to it being real req not group maker looking for carry.
I also create 340+ groups, but they are not visible for people with less than 340 ilvl. I am not interested in spending a !@#$load of time in mythics. Looking for people with a similar ilvl almost guarantees that they know what the %^-* to do in the dungeon and don't waste my time.

I also don't like those 330+ groups that are not locked below that ilvl. The leader usually tries to get boosted.
Exactly. If ilevel requirement isn't set in finder, I'm going to assume that leader just wants to be boosted. Just because you see 340+ in title, but no other ilevel requirement, don't join that group.
it is a known fact that gear not realy equals to skills lol you guys are so deluded :D

many pugs in 340+ dosnt even know how to generate agro, itterupting, dispelling and stay out of the !@#$ on the floor. So thats clear BS about more ilevel means better skills, while people stil playing this game like a hack and slash style. And those players are many.

I have seen people in 310 in m dungeons and they were able to do the run properly. So it is clearly an elitism if we look at the % number of players in well geared situations mostly how they are underpreforming in dungeuons.

So conclusion basicly is Ilevel means nothing if you dont know your character at all including mechanism in the dungeon.

Also it is a common missconception that if you have higer item level you perform better. well yeah cos of your main stats are higer, but your items lacs the secondary stats you need you will under perform as well.

So it is not just about item levels it is about your stats too.

If your items have your neccecary stats like BIS stats on every slot on your character and the item level is good, you are good to go. But if your stats are messed cos you instantly pick up the tarsh secondary stats gears you will lack on something that your specs needs. So dont think at all item level is the most important thing in teh game due to character progression. Your stat balancing is your priority and then you can try to hunt higer item level gear at the same stats so you can perform progressivly.
31/08/2018 14:40Posted by Medívh
it is a known fact that gear not realy equals to skills lol you guys are so deluded :D

So true!

I am at 341 and I only ask for 330 because it is silly to request for 340 when the dungeon is actually dropping 340 gear, lol.
If they are so skilled, how come their ilvl is so low?
But guys.

People in welfare WQ blues feel ENTITLED to it.
31/08/2018 14:44Posted by Sighuman

So true!

I am at 341 and I only ask for 330 because it is silly to request for 340 when the dungeon is actually dropping 340 gear, lol.

You're probably one of those geniuses who think that Ilvl > stats aren't you?
it doesnt matter how much you ask.. I asked for 335 for kings rest and still got a 338 druid who were never there and !@#$ed up everything. ilvl doesnt matter above 330.
For anyone still wondering why we do this: Because we don't trust you to cooperate properly with us because we don't know you. It's really that simple. The more you overgear it and can ignore mechanics, the better, because we need that safety to not spend ages wiping.

You wouldn't believe how different the experience is with a group of great guildies and a PuG assembled in 5 minutes.

I clear dungeons in under half the time with guildies because we know each other and trust each other to rotate CC's and interrupts, and we just do this automatically. Mobs literally can't get casts off and die in seconds. Group DPS often exceeds 45k, and even bursts up higher than 80k. We pull 9-10 mobs at the same time in Shrine and we just annihilate them all.

Meanwhile with PuG's, I got Paladins and Rogues and all manner of people pulling stuff for me, because they don't trust me to keep a decent pace. I got people not interrupting an important cast because everybody assume someone else will do it, or they all interrupt the same one and it's on CD. I've got people trying to use different strats than the one I'm planning for, causing random wipes not because the strat is wrong, but because the two strats combined are wrong. I've got extra adds coming in because they use a different route, or I run into an invisible blocker I didn't know about on the new route and accidentally body pull as I fall sideways, etc. etc.

It's unbelievable how much easier and better this game becomes when you actually know the people you're playing with. I seriously recommend everyone here, good or bad, to find yourself a community or a guild and grow it and nurse and stick with it.

You'll be happy you did, and the iLvL gear checks will just go away because your friends trust you to do what you need to do, or they trust that they can teach you at least. LFD/LFR/Group Finder is a nice crutch, but nothing more.

many pugs in 340+ dosnt even know how to generate agro, itterupting, dispelling and stay out of the !@#$ on the floor. So thats clear BS about more ilevel means better skills, while people stil playing this game like a hack and slash style. And those players are many.

I have seen people in 310 in m dungeons and they were able to do the run properly. So it is clearly an elitism if we look at the % number of players in well geared situations mostly how they are underpreforming in dungeuons.

So conclusion basicly is Ilevel means nothing if you dont know your character at all including mechanism in the dungeon.

Also it is a common missconception that if you have higer item level you perform better. well yeah cos of your main stats are higer, but your items lacs the secondary stats you need you will under perform as well.

So it is not just about item levels it is about your stats too.

If your items have your neccecary stats like BIS stats on every slot on your character and the item level is good, you are good to go. But if your stats are messed cos you instantly pick up the tarsh secondary stats gears you will lack on something that your specs needs. So dont think at all item level is the most important thing in teh game due to character progression. Your stat balancing is your priority and then you can try to hunt higer item level gear at the same stats so you can perform progressivly.

You talk quite a lot, but you didn't get what people are talking about. We aren't saying that ilvl equals skill. We aren't arguing that a 300 ilvl guy can't know mechanics, but it is more likely for a 340 ilvl guy to know it, especially at the beginning of an expansion. The higher ilvl can also compensate lack of skill/experience. In the end it's all about probability and I prefer to take my random guys that I don't know !@#$ about out of the 340+ pool than out of the 300+ pool.

Your argument about the secondary stats means nothing because it applies to characters on every ilvl.
Can't wait for those "Those elitist lizard people DARE ask relevant gear level for 10+ keys and I'm sitting here excluded at 312. DISGUSTING".
31/08/2018 15:02Posted by Wurrzag
Can't wait for those "Those elitist lizard people DARE ask relevant gear level for 10+ keys and I'm sitting here excluded at 312. DISGUSTING".

The fun will start even at +2 - fortified/tyrannical are baseline in BfA :)
31/08/2018 15:06Posted by Shumensko
31/08/2018 15:02Posted by Wurrzag

The fun will start even at +2 - fortified/tyrannical are baseline in BfA :)

"What do you mean I need to use tomes to swtich talents before entering? Do you realize how OFFENSIVE this is?"