Protection Warrior is TRASH

Warrior
First of all, the rage we generate is just not enough. You have to decide a) use Thunder Clap to keep aggro or b) use Ignore Pain to stay alive for 2 more seconds, yes, because Ignore Pain lasts for 2 seconds, seriously, 40 rage for 20% hp? are you kidding me!?!?

Secondly, it's clunky as !@#$KK.

Thirdly, we lack sustain AoE Threat, yes sustain, not burst, Thunder Clap is enough for burst but not for sustain.

I also have a lvl 120 Monk, Brewmaster is smoother and better 1000 times at least than Protection. Protection is great garbage.
I can pretty much second this, been warrior main since forever and this is the worst ever.

Everything behind GCD and I need rogue or hunter to properly keep aoe agro. 1 thunderclap/heroic leap isn't enough and if I don't proc revenge I rarerly have enough rage to use it constantly.

Definitely needs tuning.
I also have the same problem with you guys,Playing as a tank war since MOP,i cant have much threat sustain, the mobs are running wild!!! WTF??
Threat is not a big problem just required more focus on fights which is good. (no more mindless AOE spam)
The real problem atm is that Prot is squishy as hell. Each mob on trash pull (mytic level) is like fighting "boss". Normaly i would say L2P issues , but we need some changes with our toolkit or this expansion gona be really hard for us.
Personally GCD on def abilities is one of most retarded ideas in WoW history.
For me tanking is about reacting to situation and gcd is really vs that.
Now that i have tested it in mythics and hc's i would really like to try how a blood dk or prot paladin would feel tanking the same way(pulling same packs etc.) i did on my warr. One thing i fell like warr has though is mobilty with leap and 2x charge to get to add or jump out of fire.
18/08/2018 11:36Posted by Válgar
Threat is not a big problem just required more focus on fights which is good. (no more mindless AOE spam)
The real problem atm is that Prot is squishy as hell. Each mob on trash pull (mytic level) is like fighting "boss". Normaly i would say L2P issues , but we need some changes with our toolkit or this expansion gona be really hard for us.

18/08/2018 11:36Posted by Válgar
100% agree.
Threat is alright, just keep focus on your rotation. If your sustain is doing alright you can weave in a spent revenge over an ignore pain, also don't feel stressed about sparing avatar use it on big pulls of trash it is most useful there.

We have great sustain atm, but our focus is on shield block and weaving in last stands when we have shield block on GD. Demo shout should be used on CD as well as a rage generator also great defensive.

I got through my first few Mythic Dungeons with 308 ilvl so not seeing to much of an issue right now, feeling fairly strong.
Threat is a none issue.
You just need to think a little before a pull, it will grow on ppl eventually.
Also, prot warrior trash dmg is insane when you pop Avatar.

Main problem is how clunky the playstyle is since ignore pain came on GCD.
When you have to spend 2-3 GCDs in a row just to shout so you can keep yourself alive, it just feels slow.
No selfhealing, as the only tank, does not feel great for future raids and M+.
Why Im also gonna lvl up a BDK.

The main fun of warrior tanking was the fast paced style of it, now its much slower.
Also, the charge changes.... why.
I just don't get, how can a tanking class that has zero sustain, be so squishy and their mitigation (ignore pain) suck that badly. It's something that you have to put effort in order to achieve, seriously...
+1

totaly !@#$, ignor pain is a joke.

gonna switch to pala tank
It's a torment to play this spec, I don't get anyone could actually enjoy this clunky !@#$.Zero fun if you actually played a decent tank spec before.

IF it wasn't for instant Q for dungeons, I wouln't touch this spec.
Threat is alright, just keep focus on your rotation. If your sustain is doing alright you can weave in a spent revenge over an ignore pain, also don't feel stressed about sparing avatar use it on big pulls of trash it is most useful there.

We have great sustain atm
, but our focus is on shield block and weaving in last stands when we have shield block on GD. Demo shout should be used on CD as well as a rage generator also great defensive.

I got through my first few Mythic Dungeons with 308 ilvl so not seeing to much of an issue right now, feeling fairly strong.

lol our sustain is !@#$.
Since prot got no heal except for Last Stand could race changing to undead be a thing? The racial https://www.wowhead.com/spell=5227/touch-of-the-grave
Says it heals me for 2165 when I linked it in game from wowhead. And it says it has 20% procc chance. My attack power is 5660.

That'd actually be pretty decent? If I'm reading it right it wouldn't procc from our deep wounds tho? "Your attacks and damaging spells" I assume a dot is neither.

I know it's a pretty crazy idea to have to racechange to get heal but maybe this is actually a good tactic?

Would like to hear ya'll opinions on this.
19/08/2018 12:47Posted by Grolnir
Since prot got no heal except for Last Stand could race changing to undead be a thing? The racial https://www.wowhead.com/spell=5227/touch-of-the-grave
Says it heals me for 2165 when I linked it in game from wowhead. And it says it has 20% procc chance. My attack power is 5660.

That'd actually be pretty decent? If I'm reading it right it wouldn't procc from our deep wounds tho? "Your attacks and damaging spells" I assume a dot is neither.

I know it's a pretty crazy idea to have to racechange to get heal but maybe this is actually a good tactic?

Dude this is not normal, they should sit on their !@#$ and find a way to fix the broken class of the warriors
I had a healer /y at me to use ignore pain more often!
Buddy your 4 man group of 306 guildies are all targeting different mobs then the skull I marked. I have to keep Aggro through revenge. I ain’t got the rage for it.
But in case I’m screwing up:
I charge with demoshout. Tc the pack turn them away from my party shockwave. And start tabbing thru mobs just to keep threat.

To me that seems the way to go atm. For defense I mostly use shieldblock or last stand. Hardly use ignore pain.
Also as clunky as it is. I’m still a big fan of the warrior in general. I just wish my 2h would drop so I can go dps again. Literally the last thing I need from hc’s For my main spec
19/08/2018 13:24Posted by Quadrin
19/08/2018 12:47Posted by Grolnir

Dude this is not normal, they should sit on their !@#$ and find a way to fix the broken class of the warriors

True true but could be bandaid meanwhile? I dunno.
I can not say, how the Protection Warrior will be with more Azerite Traits, and better Gear and Stats at the moment. I main Warrior (Arms+Protection since the beginning of WoW) i always raid HC in both specs, and i was doing mythic +15 - +19 So here are my thoughts about the Warrior at the Moment:

FEELING IN DUNGEONS
I can say, that even when i am really using everything the toolkit provides i am often almost about to die. I say almost because i almost never die but its close even when pulling just 1 or 2 groups in an heroic Dungeon. I am at 115 Item Level and should not be hit so hard. (Heart of Azeroth lvl15) My healer was asking me why i am getting hit so hard. I had used everything, shieldwall, last stand, demoshout, block, Ignore Pain, all on cooldown. And i was clunky and squishy, lost so many HP the bar went up and down. Cant say how it will feel on mythic. I hope Blizzard will tune the prot warrior. We need higher uptime on shield block, and Revenge costs too much.

SURVIVABILITY
Maybe with more Haste, and more Azerite Powers it will be better, but thats not a good design. I have nothing to heal myself, besides of last stand 2min cd, and victory rush - where i have to score the last hit which is regarding my low damage (singletarget low) so its randomized if i get my selfheal by chance or not.
Dying on almost every trash pack in the Underrot is so much fun though.