Nerf Legion flying?

General
For people who have never played Legion its very time spending to unlock the Legion flying. You have to grind a lot of rep for factions who are useless now on BfA.

There should be some catch up for players who skipped a expansion to make it easier. If you have played the hole expansion its easy to unlock the flying for WoD or Legion.

It will take around 3 weeks to unlock it i guess, if i do that i am behind on the BfA content. I see a lot of people complaining a bout this, why not a system as MoP?

The agrument that you will "enjoy" the zones better is invalid since noone is still playing the older contents.

The agrument that you will "enjoy" the zones better is invalid since noone is still playing the older contents

Then why nerf it?
17/08/2018 09:18Posted by Yaranldor
The agrument that you will "enjoy" the zones better is invalid since noone is still playing the older contents.

One can argue that for people who haven't played it, that content is not old. And if you don't want to play it, why do you need Legion flying?
Simple no is my answer.

It is still useful to get those reps, as you stated, you want flying in Legion, right? So it's still viable to get those.

I, too, don't have WoD flying since I wasn't playing the game at the end of that xpac. I don't complain, though. If I decide I need that flying I will do the grind. Same goes for Allied races, mounts, and other rewards.
Why does anyone want anything gifted to them in WoW? I rarely see this in other games communites.
If you're not going to play legion, you don't need flying there.
100-110 takes so little time that I wouldn't even bother with flying if you don't have it already.
Same goes to 90-100 to be honest. I still don't have WoD flying.
17/08/2018 09:30Posted by Uvi
Why does anyone want anything gifted to them in WoW? I rarely see this in other games communites.

Mmorpg communities?
I don't think they'll change it. They never changed the WoD requirements either :(
Don´t nerf them I work on those as on WoD ones so I don´t think that others should get it withnout effort.
No don’t nerf it. I’ve spent a lot of time gradually getting flying requirements done and now I only need to do the rep grind. It’s not that hard at all to do it. It’s just time consuming. I actually feel like I’ve accomplished something. I don’t get why things should be handed to you in this game. Your just too lazy to farm it out. That’s your problem.
It is pretty vindictive of people to want others to suffer as much as they have.

That said, it should be easier to roll over the legion pathfinder as 120
17/08/2018 10:09Posted by Eosferon
It is pretty vindictive of people to want others to suffer as much as they have.

It really isn’t. Say you did all the requirements and your happy you finally unlocked flying after spending all that time doing it and a day later blizzard announces they are going to nerf the entire thing. Imagine the !@#$ posting and how many people would be pissed off with that? And that is why they haven’t nerfed WOD flying ether. Flying is something that’s supposed to be unlocked after plying the expansion a long time.
17/08/2018 10:25Posted by Tyrachnos

It really isn’t. Say you did all the requirements and your happy you finally unlocked flying after spending all that time doing it and a day later blizzard announces they are going to nerf the entire thing. Imagine the !@#$ posting and how many people would be pissed off with that? And that is why they haven’t nerfed WOD flying ether. Flying is something that’s supposed to be unlocked after plying the expansion a long time.

No, flying is supposed to be unlocked after a new expansion has been out for a while, and most players have seen the new areas from the ground, and to ensure the world is more "alive".

Having pathfinder requirements in old expacs makes no sense.

I don't have flying in WoD (and I never will if I need to grind reps, didn't play WoD from the start), but I did all the pathfinder stuff for Legion. If Blizz lets people buy flying for Legion now that a new expac is out, I have absolutely no problem with that.

Actually, it's not vindictive at all. People worked hard during Legion to earn their flying, so why should you get the easy way out? I joined retail during legion, so I never got to play wod. And I had to unlock it while playing through the curent content. Just be patient and work one day at a time. Since you will be mostly doing bfa content anyway, I do not see the problem with waiting for a few weeks just like everyone did. If you won't stay much in legion content, why do you need flying unlocked right away, anyway? It does not serve you any purpouse. So, just go ahead and do the reps slowly in between whatever other activities you do in bfa, and you won't even realize how fast time flies and you will get flying. :)
17/08/2018 10:40Posted by Lluvia

Actually, it's not vindictive at all. People worked hard during Legion to earn their flying, so why should you get the easy way out? I joined retail during legion, so I never got to play wod. And I had to unlock it while playing through the curent content. Just be patient and work one day at a time. Since you will be mostly doing bfa content anyway, I do not see the problem with waiting for a few weeks just like everyone did. If you won't stay much in legion content, why do you need flying unlocked right away, anyway? It does not serve you any purpouse. So, just go ahead and do the reps slowly in between whatever other activities you do in bfa, and you won't even realize how fast time flies and you will get flying. :)

If you think it was ‘working’ playing current content, I question why you even play the game. Getting legion flying (and allied races) was fun, a lot of it even happened by accident whilst you were also earning relevant rewards.

Going back to old content is much more like work. It’s a grind, there is no challenge, you just gotta do x number of hours to get ‘paid’.

Give some feat of strength to everyone that earned old pathfinder, and make BfA pathfinder also apply to all older pathfinders.

Let’s keep this game somewhat accessible for returning / new players.
Actually, it's not vindictive at all. People worked hard during Legion to earn their flying, so why should you get the easy way out?

Seems pretty vindictive to me xD

Also the argument doesn't really make much sense. So what if people had to earn it during Legion? It was current and relevant content. Expecting people to go through that when the content is no longer current is pretty unreasonable.

I earned flying during Legion, and I would have no problem with Blizzard making it purchasable from flight trainer.
17/08/2018 11:08Posted by Sclarf
Actually, it's not vindictive at all. People worked hard during Legion to earn their flying, so why should you get the easy way out?

Seems pretty vindictive to me xD

Also the argument doesn't really make much sense. So what if people had to earn it during Legion? It was current and relevant content. Expecting people to go through that when the content is no longer current is pretty unreasonable.

I earned flying during Legion, and I would have no problem with Blizzard making it purchasable from flight trainer.

If it's not current why do people care about flying. They don't go there.

You want flying. Go earn it.

New players will do. Otherwise I think people who played legion already have flying.
I'd be sad if WoD flying became available without pathfinder, because we can still make profit from selling medallions of the legion :p
But legion doesn't have anything like that, so removing the reqs would be fine by me.

Its pretty clear that blizzard wants us to get an interest for their lore they creates ever since WoD so its not likely you will be able to skip it