Nerf Legion flying?

General
17/08/2018 16:14Posted by Tylerdurdên
I know it's a waste of time, what else is a waste of time is old raids!

Once they are no longer relevant they should just turn the final boss into a vendor selling the mount & transmog, I shouldn't have to run old stuff with a 1% drop chance mount when for everyone is it was a guaranteed drop.....

I wouldn't say old raids fall into the same category, you're doing them rather quickly for a chance of transmog items or pet/toys/mount. There is a bit more content in running them than in having to farm out old content just to unlock flying, which in itself isn't really content but a way of transportation.
they will never change it just like they never changed dreanor flying and good on them i worked my !@#$ off for it
You think Legion flying is hard to get? Try getting WoD flying.. lol.
At least you can grind Legion Rep with WQs.

In WoD you are stuck with 3-4 Daily and 1 Weekly Quest which barely give any Rep at all. Nevermind that you have to wait 1 week between each Story quest.

Also in Legion you often already get to Revered or very close to it just by doing the Story Quests.
So it already is rather easy to get.
17/08/2018 16:20Posted by Goresh
17/08/2018 15:59Posted by Eosferon
Also please look into what a strawman argument is if you do not know (if you do know then please do not make them if you can)

If you're were trying not to sound condescending you failed. I do know what a strawman argument is and you clearly missed the point.

I'll try and explain better using a fictitious thing called Achievement A which take a lot of effort to do. To this there are three types of players

1 - Those who will just go and do it (either quickly or slowly over time)
2 - Those who don't care about doing it
3 - Those who want it without the effort of doing it.

The problem are the number 3 players and we see it on the forums all the time
Allied Races - either the content is old or the grind is too hard
Flying - either the content is old or the grind is too hard

But we've seen the same posts about other things like drop rates for mounts / pets / recipes / rare spawns / transmog drops etc

If these players got their way then we would get what I posted and everything old just handed out on the cheap for no effort. It's not the same players wanting everything, i.e. somebody who is a #3 with flying maybe a #1 with allied races etc.

Thanks for writing this in a proper manner this time.
Sorry for the previous comments but the last few years in gaming forums have made me allergic to posts that either exaggerate or or oversimplify arguments at ways to attack them.

It is a valid concern that making older things easier to get and do would have a side effects.
The question is, where and when do we draw the line of what is to much or too little in this context.
Personally I dislike time gated rep grinds. I feel the need to main a human to get the pathfinders done quicker
17/08/2018 09:18Posted by Yaranldor
For people who have never played Legion its very time spending to unlock the Legion flying. You have to grind a lot of rep for factions who are useless now on BfA.

There should be some catch up for players who skipped a expansion to make it easier. If you have played the hole expansion its easy to unlock the flying for WoD or Legion.

It will take around 3 weeks to unlock it i guess, if i do that i am behind on the BfA content. I see a lot of people complaining a bout this, why not a system as MoP?

The agrument that you will "enjoy" the zones better is invalid since noone is still playing the older contents.

Don't be lazy. I started with Legion and I got my self Draenor flying...

!@#$ING DRAENOR FLYING

Do I need it? No. Did I want it? Yes.

So I did the Achievement.

people these days... lazy as f
17/08/2018 18:33Posted by Eosferon
Personally I dislike time gated rep grinds.

We all do, but it's part of the game. I especially dislike when big story plots are time rep gated like Operation Shieldwall (only got round to completing it recently).

The players have made a rod for their own backs by fast consuming content, look at all the peeps on here that capped in a day!

The dev's have to punish us in some respects to keep us on the treadmill, taking it to extremes of late but that's another topic.
17/08/2018 19:47Posted by Tylerdurdên
17/08/2018 18:33Posted by Eosferon
Personally I dislike time gated rep grinds.

We all do, but it's part of the game. I especially dislike when big story plots are time rep gated like Operation Shieldwall (only got round to completing it recently).

The players have made a rod for their own backs by fast consuming content, look at all the peeps on here that capped in a day!

The dev's have to punish us in some respects to keep us on the treadmill, taking it to extremes of late but that's another topic.

Well all that this will do them in the long run is lose them the longtime players who finally get too jaded to stick around after they finish the storyline.
I am not talking about pathfinder here.
17/08/2018 22:44Posted by Eosferon
stick around after they finish the storyline

That's pretty much me these days, I pop back for the latest chapters and leave again.

There's no social cohesion anymore, that was the thing that kept people subbed. Improved social features was one of the big bullet points advertised 3 years ago with Legion, it's only just arrived as "communities."

They are more focused on micro managing player time to the max with cheap &$$ rewards and people lap it up, yes heritage armour, I'm pointing at you!

Familiar with the daze changes?

Can't confirm 1st hand but daze in BfA zones has changed from 50% movement 4 sec debuff to 75% 6 sec apparently, wowhead documents it and another forum user says it's true but I haven't purchased BfA yet to test myself.

On top of that the crafted items that supposedly prevent being dazed, do not function correctly, all these extra seconds stack up, it's getting really petty.