ETA on fix for server lag?

Technical Support
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next
Not only in EU, the zone Drustvar on US servers having the same issue.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769527201#post-17
indeed, though i am playing with 55ms, my fps drops to 10 when i get to drustvar (Silvermoon server)!
People choose to go play in super populated servers, (its their right ofc), and then they complain its laggy and have queues etc...
You cant have both worlds.

There are plenty of medium populated server around, they have zero lag and queues 365 days per year. :)

Please dont shoot me for stating facts or i will say Blizzard made me do it. :D

Cheers
Having this issue too on Outland. Anytime I do world quests in the BfA zones there's a short delay on everything, maybe a 0.2-0.5s delay. Feels as if I'm lagging, but I have 9ms so it's just the game, and I don't have that lag in raids or anything. I frequently see people talking about the lag in general chat as well.

Edit: 0.2-0.5s is when it's a good day btw, sometimes it can feel like a second long delay. Also looting takes longer than it should.
It's only in Drustvar I'm having those lag issues.
Fix your game, Blizz!
02/10/2018 15:35Posted by Goldnspirit
It's only in Drustvar I'm having those lag issues.
Fix your game, Blizz!

It's the worst in Drustvar, but let's not give them the false impression that it's overall good in the other BFA zones -- it's far from it! It ranges from a little lag to extreme lag.
Well the lag in Drustvar seems not to have anything to do with realm population hint: cross realm zones. My server has a low pop and still the lags in drustvar are insane... had to switch zones with my twink.
02/10/2018 14:56Posted by Zyipp
People choose to go play in super populated servers, (its their right ofc), and then they complain its laggy and have queues etc...

There are plenty of medium populated server around, they have zero lag and queues 365 days per year. :)

Cheers

It's also screwed on LOW pop servers so what's your next guess shrimpy?
Heavy server lag in Tiragarde Sound tonight. What's going on? Latency is fine, several other players reported the same lag in chat.

Server is Shattered Hand Connected Realms.
02/10/2018 18:50Posted by Avitlarge
02/10/2018 14:56Posted by Zyipp

Cheers

It's also screwed on LOW pop servers so what's your next guess shrimpy?

Yea, absolutely not fine on Doomhammer which is a low pop realm, even recommended for new players.

Fix the pucking game, Blizzard.
Same issues every day on Frostmane-EU.
Max 22 ms but abilities take up to 2 seconds to cast in BFA zones.
It is better in old expansion zones but still the same lag from time to time there too.

Happened in Legion too, but not that severe. Guessing it has to do with War Mode and/or grouping. People constantly changing servers (for rares/WQ's/...) is probably putting too much strain on the servers.

It feels like I'm playing SWTOR on launch again with these casting delays and I quit that game because of the horrible response times on abilities back then...

Go look at the WoTLK response we had back then and it's waaaaaaaay different now. Back then you pressed a button and stuff happened instantly. Every expansion brought more 'ability latency'. Really unhappy about the state of servers right now.
Daily I find myself thinking "why am I lagging so bad?", looking at my ms and seeing it's fine, and again, wondering why I am lagging so bad.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7687656212

Please do explain how this is my ISP's fault?

Also, where are all the blues? 14 pages of complaints about these issues and nothing more to even indicate they're looking into this still?
Same, hinterlands on Sylvanas. VERY laggy. But MS is on 10 and speedtest is fine. Problem only exists in WoW.
Drustvar on Argent Dawn impossible to play since yesterday. And Blizz still doesn't give a !@#$ about it... Nice
Drustvar on Ravencrest is unplayable.
I don't know whats going on anymore. i am not able to log in at all anymore. as soon as i load a character or change realms the game disconnects. This is not due to my connection... this is starting to annoy me big time..
Lagging in dungeons and pandaria, and BFA azeroth zones.
Drustvar gets 2-4s lag on The Maelstorm too... It's really sad to see this. I just got back into game yesterday, and I already feel like it was a really bad decision. Not to mention that I was *forced* to switch to WarMode ON, because when it's off there are even more constant, "invisible" lag.
I dont understand why no blue's have reacted to this yet. I have been unable to log in ALL evening because of disconnetcs upon log in. I have become very frustrated, i cannot be the only one experiencing this and yet there is no mention anywhere from blizzard.. come on..
same for outland eu :( even in arena