Rep Grind is the worst...

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
19/08/2018 18:16Posted by Lilîith
19/08/2018 12:49Posted by Bloedelf
What happened with grinding rep by just killing mobs in a specific area the faction wants to get rid off, like it was in the old days in mmorpg's?

Why all this annoying time-gating and hassle? Let people grind that want to grind ffs, no matter how slow, at least we then have a choice!

this makes you sub longer :)

Does it? I don't know about you, but it's more likely to push me away than it is to make me want to play. I've found myself thinking : "That's too much of a hassle and too timegated, I won't be doing that.". So I end up questioning why I'm even playing.

I'm just going to level some characters with my current gametime, have some fun. Rather than get frustrated in Mythics or with timegated mechanics.
19/08/2018 12:42Posted by Azania
I agree..honorbound and champions of azeroth are just horrible...the last one even more so..and we need it on revered for flying...

Flying wont be until 8.2 at the earliest. You have plenty of time.
I remember a time, when reputation grind was a weird thing that very few people did to gain access to some obscure items. Now it's everywhere and necessary for everything. It's nothing but a content-stretcher.

I wish that twinks could gain rep for other chars of yours. Like, have your main buy them an account-bound tabard, that gains the character that bought it reputation for the according faction. You're still playing the game and you still need time to get access to the stuff, but at least you don't have to do the same thing over and over and over.
for the alliance the most annoying one is 7th legion for sure, heck most of the WQ:s for it is on horde territory, and you pretty have no flight paths so first time arround you have to run to them for ages, on top of it, to even continue the quests there, you need the rep whit them lol, honestly how can this be a smart move.
Logging once a day for weeks to do WQs for honorbound rep, just so you can start playing a Mag'har/DI dwarf (Which is the best part of BFA for some of us). I don't think blizzard employees are dumb, I'm sure they understand people don't want to do new content on chars they don't intend to play, because they want that shiny Mag'har/Dark iron dwarf, so it's hard for me to understand why do they lock them behind 3+ weeks of tedious WQ grind. And to think some people took time off work to play BFA.
I've only started playing retail in February, never understood why people bash blizzard, but now I can see why clearly, 0 respect for their playerbase, they don't even reply to forum posts.
19/08/2018 21:16Posted by Seffi
for the alliance the most annoying one is 7th legion for sure, heck most of the WQ:s for it is on horde territory, and you pretty have no flight paths so first time arround you have to run to them for ages, on top of it, to even continue the quests there, you need the rep whit them lol, honestly how can this be a smart move.

Why do you worry? 7th Legion seems to have better reputation rewards with side quests and whatnot, and you're playing a Human so you get more reputation by default.

That and at least one or two of the zones are for the most part flat so you don't have to navigate around mountains too much.
I remember grinding Hydraxian and Argent Dawn rep for over a year each, some people don't even know they are born. You had to do that to even summon some of the bosses in Molten Core.
You don't need reps now.
Besides wqs. you have mission table, emissaries and wq rewarding rep tokens.
Ye I also remember all the reps back in the day, Darkmoon faire, Hydraxian Waterlords, Silverwing Sentinels. Moving on to TBC you had reps like The Sha'Tar, Ogri'la. Honestly if you think these reps are worse than the ones we use to have then you really don't know what you are talking about.

Hell you can get it passively through the mission table let alone the dailies what give you bonus rep, the dailies themselves and the emissaries which are at least once a week for a bulk of rep. You are not meant to be able to grind them out in a week.

I do believe there should be a side system for the "hardcore" people to do like The Sha'Tar has the rare bosses you summon from grinding mobs for like 20 minutes but I don't see there really being a problem. The expansion has just started, stop trying to do everything at once otherwise you are just going to burn yourself out.
Time Gating = More time played = more game time purchased = more money for Blizzard

Literally all there is to it.
19/08/2018 22:03Posted by Ahtuno
Time Gating = More time played = more game time purchased = more money for Blizzard

Literally all there is to it.

But there are also people that find it very annoying or even interrupting their gameplay because they're blocked from grinding rep for the day and decide to give up and unsub..

And I really wonder if there's anyone out there that thinks time-gating is fun, would love to hear from them why they like it, if they even exist!
19/08/2018 22:11Posted by Bloedelf
And I really wonder if there's anyone out there that thinks time-gating is fun, would love to hear from them why they like it, if they even exist!

Depends on how it is done, time gating events and breaking them into parts so it actually feels like the place or the world is evolving is a good idea rather than doing it all at once. Landfall and Suramar City I think are 2 pretty good (with all its flaws) ways they did this. On the otherhand War of Thorns was awful at doing this and just felt forced and underwhelming.

It also helps if you have something to do inbetween given time gated content. If you are relying on that thing to keep you interested then really there not a lot of reason for you to play the game at all TBH.,
I paid 60 euros for this expansion and I expect to be able to experience 60 euro worth of content from Day one.

Locking Dungeons behind a ridiculous reputation grind of doing the same quests over 100 times is not what I expect as a paying Costumer. Same goes for allied Races.

Next time you release a 60 dollar game you should mention on the box that before the user can experience the full content he paid for, you expect him to take on a part time job and do mundane, repetitive and uninspiring tasks for over 100 times.

Filling up shelves in my local super market for minimal wage is about as exiting as doing World Quests. The only difference is that I get a paycheck for every hour of my life doing it.
I don't agree with people complaining about honorbound, I'm at 19k/21k with honorbound right now, tomorrow with luck, I'll have my Mag'har Orcs.

I can agree with Champions of Azeroth though
25/08/2018 14:25Posted by Dervin
I paid 60 euros for this expansion and I expect to be able to experience 60 euro worth of content from Day one.

Locking Dungeons behind a ridiculous reputation grind of doing the same quests over 100 times is not what I expect as a paying Costumer. Same goes for allied Races.

Next time you release a 60 dollar game you should mention on the box that before the user can experience the full content he paid for, you expect him to take on a part time job and do mundane, repetitive and uninspiring tasks for over 100 times.

Filling up shelves in my local super market for minimal wage is about as exiting as doing World Quests. The only difference is that I get a paycheck for every hour of my life doing it.

Can't agree more!
Kids of today complain too much and about everything, I wonder how they face the real life problems.

edit
WoW is a MMO-RPG and RPG means grind/farm (aka. time consuming)
You can't have everything when you want it.
25/08/2018 14:25Posted by Dervin

You are free to quit anytime and find something you enjoy. Why did you even pay for the game if you feel like this? It has been like this since forever.

Do you also cry because you are not handed mythic raid gear on day 1? Lol get a grip
19/08/2018 12:42Posted by Azania
I agree..honorbound and champions of azeroth are just horrible...the last one even more so..and we need it on revered for flying...

Except you won't get flying when you get pathfinder part one.
Blizz gived us unfinished expansion so they gate almoust all in this game KeK