how to change server without creating new characters

General
ok so me and my friend joined the doomhammer server because we though its a server for new players but then it turns out a dead server why do you add the tag ''new players'' when there no !@#$ing players on that server if you want to repopulate a server dont add the tag new players and add the tag ''join this %^-*ing server because its dead'' it takes us 10 !@#$ing years to find a dungeon
Dungeons are shared among the whole region, not just in your server.

Changing servers won't make you find a dungeon faster.
18/08/2018 18:58Posted by Galir
it takes us 10 !@#$ing years to find a dungeon

Dungeon queues are cross-realm. You can be in a group with a player from any European realm.

EDIT

What Kirago said.

Also, are you asking a question or...?
ok so how do i change realm
Only way to change a server with the current character is to paying money.
Altough i don't recommend you since you are only level 40.

I assume the reason of the new player tag is to attaract new players who want to start equaly to the others. Or maybe relaxed playing without getting attacked by higher levels.
18/08/2018 19:03Posted by Eggha

I assume the reason of the new player tag is to attaract new players who want to start equaly to the others. Or maybe relaxed playing without getting attacked by higher levels.

Nowadays the "new players" tag means nothing to be honest, realms are put together with other big servers, sharding is a thing...

It doesn't matter if I play in, idk... uldum, a low population spanish server, I'll get put into the sanguino macroserver wich is populated as !@#$.

That tag is just a leftover they just don't remove because they are a lazy team, just as many other things.
you dont, its paid service, like 25€/character, just deal with that or start over

its new expansion this week, most are playing the current content, you are trying to que for oldies, ofc they are empty
18/08/2018 19:03Posted by Eggha

is changing servers when you level 40 bad or what

It's not like it's bad, it's just not worth the money IMO.
paying money to change server greedy !@# sons of btches
Everything other than guilds and mythic raids and auction house is cross realm currently. Realm doesn't matter that much, you can group up with anyone in Europe, Africa and parts of Asia to do pretty much anything. Also Doomhammer is permenently connected with Turalyon so guilds, mythic raids and acutions work across both of those servers.

There are less people doing dungeons at your level(40) because dungeons are harder now and require some effort so less players do them. Another thing is that new expansion was released just few days ago so majorty of players play that content instead of leveling new characters. That might also affect the amount of people doing low level dungeons.

The only way to change realm without creating new characters is to pay for server transfer and transfer your characters.
Welcome to World of Warcraft!
@Cedrad: It most certainly does effect things... I have checked many factions in the past few days... as of today, on most of them... 80+% of active characters are at 111 or higher. Low level play is currently almost extinct excluding the people levelling up allied race alts.