Expulsom

Professions
I am trying to level jewelcrafting but it requires 2 expulsom to craft a single gem. It is a long way to 150 when expulsum is, seemingly, so rare.

How do you guys manage to gather larger amounts of this stuff? I've scrapped a ton of gear with only a few expulsom as a result.
Hey Àdranos,

Personally I've managed to obtain, most of the Expulsom from scrapping gear, especially trinkets, that I would not use or were a downgrade for my character. If you see a world quest that offers a trinket, go for it, as it may offer you an Expulsom material - that excludes crafted trinkets.

You can also manufacture it if you have the Alchemy profession. So maybe level that profession up, along with your Jewelcrafting?
Just don't bother with crafting professions this expansion. I only sell the old glyphs, and that's really only worth it on my low pop servers, as prices on the high pop servers are laughable. Maybe darkmoon trinkets are worth it, but I haven't quite looked into that. Oh man the first months of Legion were so great. Must've made like 20 millions with glyphs that sold for like 50k easily. Shouldn't have wasted my battle net balance on all those server transfers from PvP to PvE servers. Blizzard ripped me off with the abolition of server types.
Expulsom has 100 % drop from scrapping trinkets. A lot of rares drop trinkets. Lately a lot of WQs awarded trinkets. Also cheap way to farm expulsom is to learn kul tiran tailoring on alt and craft Tidespray Linen Bracers and send them to your JC to scrap.
You can level all the way to 100/150 with JC just by crafting gems. Not one single gem requires expulsum as you say, but rings and weapons do.
A little off topic but is to do with the scrapper. Why is it that you can scrap heroic dungeon gear and get back 15 ores but you scrap a mythic item and get 1 ore?
Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate it!
I don't know your skill level but you should craft common gems until 85. Common raw gems are really cheap, and you get tons of them quite easily... After that, switch to rare gems until 125 to get the epic gems pattern. I don't think there is point going above 125 currently...

As other people have mentioned, you can get tons of gems by scrapping... Also, if you have warmode activated, try to get your daily bounty kill, you can get tons of gems from this.

I don't mine on any of my characters currently and I still manage to up my jewelcrafting quite easily just by scrapping / killing bounties. I only purchased common gems at the beginning because, as strange as it is, you get rare gems more often than common ones when scrapping... And I spent less than 1k gold to get to 75.
I agree. The cost to craft seems disproportional to the rate that you get exolsum. You shouldn't have to level alchemy for the daily proc in order to craft. And the fact that is the Blue response to this question is just insulting and showing to the balance problem.

Personally I think it's blizzard's weak attempt at trying to make doing wq for gear worthwhile once the initial rep is over. God knows the wq rewards themselves are frustratingly worthless past a certain, easily achieved, point. Outside of rep i almost feel there is no point to completing emissary quests at all.
I noticed that after the little patch on 29. aug. that the scapper isnt dropping anymore Expulsom? i mean i placed about 18 leather bracers and 3 shoulders crafted with my LW and no expulsom drop? That can´t be normal, think blizz fixed it really hard
Did u noticed something like that or does the scrapper dropp as much expulsom as a week before?
30/08/2018 11:13Posted by Seta
You can level all the way to 100/150 with JC just by crafting gems. Not one single gem requires expulsum as you say, but rings and weapons do.

You mean from 100 to 150 by just crafting gems?
I'm at 60 now and crafting gems is green for some levels already, so all that is left is rings with expulsom or weapons
31/08/2018 10:15Posted by Noctus
30/08/2018 11:13Posted by Seta

You mean from 100 to 150 by just crafting gems?
I'm at 60 now and crafting gems is green for some levels already, so all that is left is rings with expulsom or weapons

He is not wrong though. I took his advice and you can indeed level it to at least 125 while they are green. However, it takes alot of gems as the chance to skill up is lower!
As people have said, trinkets gives alot of expulsom in general - In terms of other items from scrapping, seems that Azerite Gear gives alot more. I cant tell about scrapping epic items, as Im disenchanting those (Which is a whole other topic, why do I need to farm double amounts of items, just to get both enchanting materials and expulsom -_-)
We need better ways of getting Expulsom. Since yesterday, I scrapped 24 items, including 2 trinkets... and I got 2 expulsom only... how can I gring up my profession with such a drop rate?
Expulsom system so boring, Blood of Sargeras was more interesting for me. Now need craft green items, scrap it for craft blue items. Then blue items throw to trash, because after first heroic dungeon i can get 325 ilvl item

To get around 20-30 Expulsom need to scrap more then 200 green items. Easy if you have leatherworking or tailoring.