We Are sick of the Current Auction House

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
One change i think they should make, is for people to be able to buy part stacks.

Person a lists 100, person b buys 50 from that stack reducing the listers stack to 50, then person c buys the other 50.

That way split stacks would go away, like ores listed in 5's because thats the ammount needed for prospecting ect. That way sellers could put it all on in one stack meaning less listings overall on the ah and buyers could get just what they need.

Then with that in place put a ban on listing tons of singles since it would no longer be nessacery since people could buy just 1 from a listed stack.
I have just stopped using the AH unless I really need something like a few pots and flasks. Everything is single stacked and it takes a life time to load.
They should put some sort of max auctions / account so we would get rid of those stupid 1 stack items.
I’m just surprised it’s taken this long for it to reach the forums - people are constantly complaining in trade chat.
They just need to overhaul the AH, if i search for a given material i have no need to see the name of every one of the hundred players who are selling one item of that material, i only need to have the minimun price for some quantities like 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200. If i want to buy another number like 7 or 13 i should just search for that number and the AH show me the price of that number of materiales buying the cheapest auctions up until that number, and then when i buy it just autmatically buy that auctions with a warning if the price has changed.

Probably this will require the AH to allow people to split stacks from sellers, that means if i put 200 ores and some wants to 155 he will be able to buy 155 and the next 45 could be bought by another buyer. That will make the AH faster because this will means people wont be able to have more than one auction of the same type, because it will be the same to make one stack of 200 than 200 stack of 1, even if we make multiple stats the AH could just join them internally to calculate faster the average price per item.

There is no need to show more than one record in the AH for one type of material, if i search for one of those new BfA mines the AH should show one record for every item name that correspond to that name and then give me a summary for every item, maybe when i select the item to not have the AH load the summary for every item.

Also some other parts of the AH should be overhaul like searching for transmogs, the search should be done by appearance not by item name, if i want to search for transmog for all purposes all items with the same appearance should be considered the same item and just show me the cheapest one.

Pets too, caged pets and items to learn pets should be mixed, or not allow to sell in the AH items to learn pets, to avoid duplicates. Also allow us to search only for pets that we dont have, currently the check for "only usable" only ignore pets if we already know 3, there should be three options while filtering pets: All, pets that we dont know and pets that we can learn (that is to search for a second copy of already know pets)

Fortunately for transmog and pets there is an addon that works particullary well, PetMarket, but having those options integrated in the AH at the server part, specially the part in materials, will make the AH faster.
the AH is a not a problem. Just download an addon it's fixed. The current ah is good. The problem is the everybody in their mothers is on the AH and it's PAINfully slow
16/08/2018 20:06Posted by Thehellestdk
the AH is a not a problem. Just download an addon it's fixed.

That is a contradiction, if an addon is the only way to fix the AH that means that AH has a problem and Blizzard should fix it, it should be fixed without using an Addon. If simple, something that does not have a problem, does not need a fix, then if an addon fix it means there is a problem, but the fix should be there no matter if people use addons or not, to fix problems is Blizzard's responsability, not addon's authors.
16/08/2018 20:06Posted by Thehellestdk

The current ah is good. The problem is the everybody in their mothers is on the AH and it's PAINfully slow

Another contradiction, if the AH is slow then it has a problem, the AH should be prepared for the amount of players in one server.
16/08/2018 14:58Posted by Kyou
Auctioneer.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately Auction API for addons resembles default auction UI, so it's not really possible to make a proper addon. All addons are very bad and slow because of that UI. That said, all addons I tried, are just bad or written by people who play on dead servers and don't encounter situations when addon spends literal 4 hours to update its database. I don't need to wait 20 minutes and scan 40 pages of flasks if I want to buy 20 cheapest ones, I only need first page, so there's definitely a room for improvement. May be I'll write one myself one day.
16/08/2018 14:58Posted by Kyou
Auctioneer.

You're welcome.

You can shove it cause it's completely useless.
A lot of people here seem to don't understand that Auctioneer & Auctionator are completely useless in a high pop realm. and this doesn't give any excuse to blizzard to keep the auction house as it is because it's NOT ok. it's an ancient system that require a complete scratch & rework.
Notice the lack of any Blue post in regard to this problem in ANY thread?

Although... yes, there was one and said something like this: "I went to that server, tried AH, detected no problem, so I don't know."

I guess THAT is how Blizzard views it, then.
Is there any sense, validity to applying a minimum stack multiple to AH listings, in the way that some vendors now do?

e.g.: Blood of Sargeras vendor - you can only buy what she sells in 5's, 10's, etc -- if it can be done w/ vendors, why not the AH...? Yes; you can customise 'stack size' prior to listing, but offer a preset drop-down of stack sizes, rather than "whatever stack size I want, 'cos I feel like bein' awkward".*

That seems like a feature that would be the most welcome - minimise search load by removing all the "1 ore/skin/herb, etc listings" they're not clever & are more inconvenient than the listers ever intend them to be.

*EDIT: your deposit is the same, per unit & the AH cut is the same, whether you list 200 singles or 1 stack of 200
Merging sell orders from a same person with the same price and allowing partial buy would solve it quickly, but full redesign is needed still.
16/08/2018 20:02Posted by Jadzía
They just need to overhaul the AH, if i search for a given material i have no need to see the name of every one of the hundred players who are selling one item of that material, i only need to have the minimun price for some quantities like 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200. If i want to buy another number like 7 or 13 i should just search for that number and the AH show me the price of that number of materiales buying the cheapest auctions up until that number, and then when i buy it just autmatically buy that auctions with a warning if the price has changed.

Probably this will require the AH to allow people to split stacks from sellers, that means if i put 200 ores and some wants to 155 he will be able to buy 155 and the next 45 could be bought by another buyer. That will make the AH faster because this will means people wont be able to have more than one auction of the same type, because it will be the same to make one stack of 200 than 200 stack of 1, even if we make multiple stats the AH could just join them internally to calculate faster the average price per item.

There is no need to show more than one record in the AH for one type of material, if i search for one of those new BfA mines the AH should show one record for every item name that correspond to that name and then give me a summary for every item, maybe when i select the item to not have the AH load the summary for every item.

Also some other parts of the AH should be overhaul like searching for transmogs, the search should be done by appearance not by item name, if i want to search for transmog for all purposes all items with the same appearance should be considered the same item and just show me the cheapest one.

Pets too, caged pets and items to learn pets should be mixed, or not allow to sell in the AH items to learn pets, to avoid duplicates. Also allow us to search only for pets that we dont have, currently the check for "only usable" only ignore pets if we already know 3, there should be three options while filtering pets: All, pets that we dont know and pets that we can learn (that is to search for a second copy of already know pets)

Fortunately for transmog and pets there is an addon that works particullary well, PetMarket, but having those options integrated in the AH at the server part, specially the part in materials, will make the AH faster.

You pretty much just described the Guild Wars 2 Auction house. But I agree completely. Guild Wars 2 does the Auction House game wide, that is everyone, no matter server can buy from anyone. It lists the AH prices so you can select how many you want to buy up to a maximum of 250 per time, 250 is also what the stack sizes in guild wars 2 is atm.

I'm playing on Draenor EU and using the AH during evening hours is completely impossible. An addon doesn't solve it because by the time they've scanned through the 42 pages (currently trying to buy Tempest Hide) the cheaper auctions will already been sold so the addons will need to rescan. I've already spent about an hour on the AH now to try to buy materials to skill up my profession, I'd rather spend this time on playing the game instead of sitting at AH.
its about time that developers address this issue!
AH in this state is unusable.
17/08/2018 02:30Posted by Acamar
A lot of people here seem to don't understand that Auctioneer & Auctionator are completely useless in a high pop realm. and this doesn't give any excuse to blizzard to keep the auction house as it is because it's NOT ok. it's an ancient system that require a complete scratch & rework.

Yepp. The AH is still ultra slow on hi-pop servers. It has now reached a point when the AH is more or less unusable, addon or no addon.
You should be able to shift click an item in the search bar and it should search all items of that class, ignoring the random enchant and suggesting a price a bit lower than the current lowest priced item.
This was in the mobile Auction house that I remember from MOP, when I used it.

For transmog items a Glorious chest piece of the eagle is the same as one of the bear or owl

The mobile AH was destroyed because AH scripts/bots were running and f$#@#$ing up the economy and AH with requests.
Acution House and Guild Bank. Takes 5-10 seconds to move an item in or from it. I get that the Auction House is really busy right now, but why does the Guild Bank lag so much?
18/08/2018 16:51Posted by Velris
Acution House and Guild Bank. Takes 5-10 seconds to move an item in or from it. I get that the Auction House is really busy right now, but why does the Guild Bank lag so much?

i read some poster say it's because they're on the same server running on windows 98 with 1gb ram. but it's probably trolling
people have been using TSM for years so why should anything be done now. it's like finally asking for change when the thing you want changed has been considered normal for years already... yeah you know what i mean.

as an another example, DBM is considered to be part of raiding which is pathetic in my opinion.