Anyone else starving for weapons?

General
Done like 20 HCs, always specced for the weapon that drops in that specific dungeon (like Holy for the int sword in Shrine, or Retri for the 2h in Underrot, etc) and never had a single weapon drop. This is beyond terrible...
Tell me about it, still got a 290 and a 305 weapon. xd
17/08/2018 03:35Posted by Tosuro
Done like 20 HCs, always specced for the weapon that drops in that specific dungeon (like Holy for the int sword in Shrine, or Retri for the 2h in Underrot, etc) and never had a single weapon drop. This is beyond terrible...

Ah, the good old days. Took me weeks to get the weapon I wanted back in WoD.

Artifacts had other plus points.
Plenty of dungeons drop daggers due to stat variety and well..ive not gotten any luck with normal HC or mythics so far so.
Questing is just as bad. I'm still here with my 217ilvl artifact weapon at level 116.
17/08/2018 04:03Posted by Kooki
Questing is just as bad. I'm still here with my 217ilvl artifact weapon at level 116.

i had to change mine sometime around 116.. and still feel like missing something important :( don't regret it ;p

i do get quite a lot of green weapons for now though.. afaik, the weapon means a Lot about how much damage one actually does, even with the best armor - i am sooo not looking forward waiting for rng to drop me one!.. '-.-
Only hit 120 a few hours ago but i'm enjoying the "Quest" for gear. Feels slower like in WOTLK where every upgrade felt earned and useful. Maybe just me
I was using an ilvl298 weapon for all the heroic farming and Mythic farming until finally I got a 340 weapon drop towards the end, all cleared for this week. I'm pretty pleased, in MOP I managed to start progressing Heroic Mogushan Vaults with only a single "blue" weapon from a HC 5man dungeon, even having to farm LFR after it released and still not getting one, it was like a curse.

I'll never complain now because it seems when I complain I never get the loot I want, like in MOP when I was stuck with a dungeon blue for about a bloody month.
17/08/2018 03:44Posted by Anwéen
a 305 weapon

ilvls are pretty high already and the 1st raid isn't even out, the number crunchers must be dumb as $h1t.
I've yet to see first weapon drop.
I looted a huge titanforge at level 111 which I sold for a couple hundred thousand gold yesterday but other than that it's been quite meh.

Welcome to life before Legion. What people who wanted Artifact Weapons gone forget is that we where always starving for weapons. It was very frustrating.

At least in this expansion Weapons dont have that much of an impact on your performance anymore.
17/08/2018 04:03Posted by Kooki
Not on Horde, I've had a bunch of weapon rewards ranging 217-235.
Yup, I can't even do Heroics yet because I need a better weapon.

I've killed all the rares that drop 2 handers but they are all 273.

If a rare is going to scale with us, so should its loot level.
17/08/2018 08:34Posted by Uvi

At least in this expansion Weapons dont have that much of an impact on your performance anymore.

Uwot.

Anyway I did all heroics and mythics with 3 hunters and we only saw 1 weapon total. I just ended up buying one.
17/08/2018 09:03Posted by Izila
Uwot.

Anyway I did all heroics and mythics with 3 hunters and we only saw 1 weapon total. I just ended up buying one.

I dont have time to find the patchnotes, but it stated that weapons dont contribute to Attackpower that much anymore.
17/08/2018 09:06Posted by Uvi
17/08/2018 09:03Posted by Izila
Uwot.

I dont have time to find the patchnotes, but it stated that weapons dont contribute to Attackpower that much anymore.

For physical dps weapon dmg is by far the most important 'stat' though. They are the most important piece still.
17/08/2018 09:10Posted by Izila
For physical dps weapon dmg is by far the most important 'stat' though. They are the most important piece still.

But way less important than in previous expansions.

Ah, the good old days. Took me weeks to get the weapon I wanted back in WoD.

Artifacts had other plus points.

and the main plus point were free relics from WQ.

if it wasnt for it people would !@#$% just like they are today .

i remeber back in MoP it took me over a week to farm up weapon from hc dungeons.
Yup, I can't even do Heroics yet because I need a better weapon.

I've killed all the rares that drop 2 handers but they are all 273.

If a rare is going to scale with us, so should its loot level.

that is simply not true

there is plenty of "going by foot into hc dungeons" groups in lfg tool.

17/08/2018 04:41Posted by Cobrea
Only hit 120 a few hours ago but i'm enjoying the "Quest" for gear. Feels slower like in WOTLK where every upgrade felt earned and useful. Maybe just me

its does feel satysfying for sure :) the moment when you break through 305 barrier feels really good :)