I'm glad they removed templates, buuuuut...

Warmode and World PvP
I'm glad they removed templates, because..

One of the biggest problems I saw in PvP in general was that it was completely unrewarding, everyone had the same, did the same, with no chance to improve their character.

I'd much rather have people whining at other people taking the time to farm OP gear, than playing hundreds of hours just to go into arena and have the exact same stats and whatnot as the opposing person who has just started.

However..

In my eyes the biggest problem still remains, duelling and world PvP is horribly balanced, to the point where it is impossible to enjoy unless you have a full party. Remember the days when people would hang out infront of Orgrimmar/Stormwind and duel? Yeah well, that isn't enjoyable anymore because there are a lot of classes/specs that counter eachother to the point where it is literally impossible to win said duel, even if you're the best player in the world and the other person is average at best.

I get that from a business perspective they are more invested in other aspects of the game as that addresses the majority of their consumers, but I would love PvP again, if they just made duelling a possibility instead of "this class beats this class period" (not always the case, but you catch my drift).

I hope we come to accept that Arena is never gonna be a good eSport, and therefore it should be enjoyable rather than trying to make 3v3 the most balanced it could possibly be and screwing all other aspects of PvP in the making.

Essentially, playing PvP solo feels like a very !@#$ty experience, and that is probably why most of the PvPers I know, have either quit, or moved to raiding.

What's your 2 cents?

(It is to be noted that I am not the best pvper in the world, or even up there, but I have played with some, and it feels like this aspect wont change with BFA. This is just my opinion)
I've never understood the PvPer complaint that PvP is unrewarding unless they get better stats than people starting out. Surely the mark of a good player is being able to consistently win despite the balance?

But besides that, it's pretty much impossible to balance out all classes for 1v1 and still have them be unique and interesting. Part of why 1v1 duelling used to work was because with each new patch / expansion all the classes were basically becoming homogeneous.

It also highly depends on individual perspective. WoW arenas are an awful esport, that's true, but for some people, like myself, having a near enough balanced experience is way better for having fun than if we feel we're being screwed over by the game in some way. I'd much rather know that I lost because of my own failings.
Well I would argue that the gear is about prestige, a lot of competitive players care for prestige. I don't mind a person having a better starting point if they have achieved it through hard work (i.e. farming rating for gear), it bothers me much more that I see players like Ziqo stream and get stomped in bgs by completely random low ranked players due to their spec/class.

I love balance in terms of the classes, I don't care if u can get way ahead with good gear, that is a reward you have to work for anyway, and anyone could work for it if they wanted to. All in all I don't think people should all be equal, nothing in life is, but the classes should stand a chance against eachother.

I know for a fact a majority of the gladiators/r1 players that I have known have left the game because they felt like no matter how much they outskilled a person, that person would still almost (or successfully) take them down due to a different class/spec that is just superior to their own. I am not asking for perfect balance, I am asking for more of an opportunity to outskill eachother, like there used to be in previous expansions (not legion).
It is to be noted though, that I have no idea how this expansion plays out yet obviously!

Btw regarding the gear, it is the same as if all PvE'ers had equal stats despite killing multiple raid bosses and getting gear, not much fun.
Blizz need to bring back the resilience stat to the pvp gear. Pvp gear should feel stronger in pvp , the same way like pve gear . After all I cannot do only bgs and arenas and go into mythic raids and hope to top the dps skada right?
Well personally I would enjoy this game a whole lot more if 1v3s etc were possible (given you have the skill).. yeah I know tbc wotlk cata etc was horribly unbalanced in certain aspects, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it (PvP), because if you were good enough you could outplay so much more than is possible now.
19/08/2018 02:37Posted by Frixíe
Well personally I would enjoy this game a whole lot more if 1v3s etc were possible (given you have the skill).. yeah I know tbc wotlk cata etc was horribly unbalanced in certain aspects, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it (PvP), because if you were good enough you could outplay so much more than is possible now.

This 100x

IT wasnt perfect and wasnt so balanced but, definetly, If you worked hard to get gear and if you had skill you could have so much fun and dominate ppl that where worse and that is how it is suposed to be. Everyone could beat anyone if they were good enough and had the gear (if they did put in the work).

Duels were FUN, BGs were FUN, Arenas were FUN, World PVP was FUN!

Ohh i miss those Nagrand days on that place with Elementals, ohh i miss Isle of Quel Danas.
Glad I am not the only one.