Lightforged Augment Rune scam

General
For 40-50k on Vindicaar you can buy an augment rune that SUDDENLY was turned off after level 119. It doesn't even give that much of a buff at 120, but it is still something I used in dungeons.

At least let me use the item instead of turning it off, or let me refund the gold from it. The latter preferably.
Old stuff becomes irrelevant, that's just how the game goes. It's exactly the same as your DMC trinket being worth 0 gold next expansion and you deleting it.

Anyway if you bought the perma rune, then that must mean you got the value out of it already since it's used to save money over a long period of time or stop you from farming the normal ones. Just delete it.
I want my money Lebowski!
If you buy a car and use it for 4 months and they don't to tell you it's not gonna work after X amount of kilometers driven, it's a scam.
I can still use my permanent rune thing at 120. It's not turned off, just lower stats than current runes.
That must have been nerfed this morning, last night I remember using it.
I used it as well last night, but today it says up to 120
25/08/2018 08:47Posted by Devyx
If you buy a car and use it for 4 months and they don't to tell you it's not gonna work after X amount of kilometers driven, it's a scam.

Not really a great analogy here when we've signed an EULA that states that Blizz can change whatever they want in the game with our consent. I don't think when buying a car it says that they can change the car however they want :/

But meh, it's so negligible does it really matter if it works or not?
40k is a lot of gold.
I would like a refund aswell. If i knew it would become useless at lvl120 i would not have bought it, 40k is alot of gold for a item with a expire date. I had enough regular runes to get by.
Jesus Christ, its like they only fix things they know will irritate people.

99 million bugs in this awful expansion and they nerf 15 int on a rune.
This happens with items like that every expansion.
25/08/2018 09:38Posted by Dejarous
Jesus Christ, its like they only fix things they know will irritate people.

99 million bugs in this awful expansion and they nerf 15 int on a rune.

Exactly.
Wild guess: +15 intel from a rune can't get in calculation for those "NICE" ilvl scaling mobs.
25/08/2018 09:41Posted by Shalariaa

I dont remember it ever happening to a vendor item that costs 40k.

It is understandable, but shouldn't they have put a level cap on it right at the start of the expansion? This might have fooled some people into going back and buying it since for the first week it was working fine.

Repurposed Fel Focuser still works however, but I expect that to change.

They also lowered down the absorbtion shield you get from Smolthering Titanguard.

Didn't happen in Legion with the WoD Augment rune. Until after some raids had already come out and it didn't cost 40K.
the biggest issue is the fact that the augment runes still work,
yet the people that spend 40K (per toon they bought it on because BoP) are getting the middle finger out of no where, no warning, and in a over night hotfix without it being in the hotfix notes.
This mob of whiners is soooooooooooooooooooooooo lame.
25/08/2018 09:58Posted by Xibalba
This mob of whiners is soooooooooooooooooooooooo lame.

No u
They must've removed it today then, I remember someone in my group using both Lightforged Augmented Rune and Repurposed Fel Focuser yesterday.

Nothing unexpected though, they've made them unusable so people would use new runes.