Reason why they changed LFG group and auto-invite

General
It gets of rid of freedloaders right? I always soloed all of the world quests but the epic ones anyway. I had a bit of trouble soloing blues on argus for the first month or so on my druid. 9/10 out of ten someone from your shard will come to help kill the elite anyway.

WQ are still ridiculously easy content so I don't really mind.
12/08/2018 18:40Posted by Toiren
The issue with the mods is that they automatically form the groups even for solo quests, where group isn't necessary. As the result, we get a freeloaders which can get closer, float in the air on mount and group will get the credit for them.

Hey, Ion, hey, listen - did you know there's this groundbreaking feature in WoW? Yeah, it's called the KICK PLAYER option.

If they are freeloading, then you kick them. Revolutionary!

No, this is just an excuse.

and with automatically formed groups you'll complete them in seconds what ruins the designed amount of time for the quest and balance of rewards. In this case you'll spend less time on quest than time on trip there and trip back.

What is the issue? Anyone see it, because I certainly don't. Newsflash Ion, many players don't like to spend hours doing the same quests week in week out because that is not entertaining - that is boring. This is why people use these addons - they are bored of doing these trash world quests. Oh boy, I get to kill 12 Satyrs again! How exciting! I can't wait to do this 3 more times this week! Joy joy joy!

How about you stop messing about with the addons and provide people entertainment, or does that cost too much money and effort these days?
12/08/2018 18:59Posted by Brewni
When you realise that inflating the time played metric is Blizzard's priority with their game design, then almost everything they do with WoW makes sense:

Pathfinder
Removing xp pots
Nerfing heirlooms
Allied race rep grind
Increasing the leveling time
Nerfing xp boost from Recruit-A-Friend

Probably some others I forgot. But the end result of those changes = more time played.

Well duh, the problem with making everything too convenient is that it removes the fun. Leveling became a means to an end rather than an experience and seeing how people have in the past complained about the content drought, it was due to the fact that we completed stuff to easily. Slow down, crack open a beer and enjoy a more relaxed experience.
12/08/2018 20:49Posted by Zirahael
Wait, are they afraid people will complete dailies too quickly?

Yes, and also completing them by grouping up with other people. Imagine having to play with other people in an MMO...
13/08/2018 01:35Posted by Savoren
12/08/2018 20:49Posted by Zirahael
Wait, are they afraid people will complete dailies too quickly?

Yes, and also completing them by grouping up with other people. Imagine having to play with other people in an MMO...

dude those quest were designed to be solo quest,if we group up we !@#$ up their time metric.
Do you think we should play the game how we want? LOL
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754326419#1

just going to leave this here & let you wonder if a launch day would be a good time to turn off a addon that auto server transfers THOUSANDS of people a minute

this whole thread is people !@#$%ing about how this change inconveniences them, all while not giving a seconds thought to the big picture, they turned it off in 7.2 when a big event funnel'd everyone into a few zones & the whole ^-*!ing world lag'd out for weeks, then guess what, we got it back at a later date. when things settled down....

5 mins it took to find a valid reason for the change

but by all means go back to conspiracy theories, overreacting & rage at blizz
Blizzard's new primary goal: decrease efficiency, increased played time metrics.
13/08/2018 02:39Posted by Suggillation
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754326419#1

just going to leave this here & let you wonder if a launch day would be a good time to turn off a addon that auto server transfers THOUSANDS of people a minute

this whole thread is people !@#$%ing about how this change inconveniences them, all while not giving a seconds thought to the big picture, they turned it off in 7.2 when a big event funnel'd everyone into a few zones & the whole ^-*!ing world lag'd out for weeks, then guess what, we got it back at a later date. when things settled down....

5 mins it took to find a valid reason for the change

but by all means go back to conspiracy theories, overreacting & rage at blizz

If that was the reason, they would not be hiding the change and they would come forward with that reasoning instead of looking the other way and whistling
13/08/2018 01:10Posted by Autriel
When you realise that inflating the time played metric is Blizzard's priority with their game design, then almost everything they do with WoW makes sense:

Pathfinder
Removing xp pots
Nerfing heirlooms
Allied race rep grind

Probably some others I forgot. But the end result of those changes = more time played.

Well duh, the problem with making everything too convenient is that it removes the fun. Leveling became a means to an end rather than an experience and seeing how people have in the past complained about the content drought, it was due to the fact that we completed stuff to easily. Slow down, crack open a beer and enjoy a more relaxed experience.

This. Beer or a brew either works but chill it's only a game.

Pathfinder
Removing xp pots
Nerfing heirlooms
Allied race rep grind

You are missing one of the ones I dislike the most.

Follower missions being a requirement for major questlines. i.e: class campaign or legionfall campaign.
well might take a little bit longer to get a group, but atleast now it is easier to se who is leeching and who is not, specialy for groups where you can be in a raid group, heck I have ended up in groups where there been 20 people and 5 or so just stood there doing nothing, I even been in 5 man groups to kill a rare, where 2 of us been doing the job rest just flying arround doint nothing.
I am glad theese are to some extent gone now, I also wonder how many who dislike this is one of the leechers to be honest.
13/08/2018 08:07Posted by Seffi
well might take a little bit longer to get a group, but atleast now it is easier to se who is leeching and who is not, specialy for groups where you can be in a raid group, heck I have ended up in groups where there been 20 people and 5 or so just stood there doing nothing, I even been in 5 man groups to kill a rare, where 2 of us been doing the job rest just flying arround doint nothing.
I am glad theese are to some extent gone now, I also wonder how many who dislike this is one of the leechers to be honest.

As long as it results in a lower time spent for me, I can't care less about who's leeching.

As it is now world quests take longer than before, with or without leechers.
13/08/2018 08:07Posted by Seffi

You could always notice and boot leechers before. This changes nothing in favor of the proper players. It just bogs down everyone.

Edit: If anything the group leaders now will have the excuse of doing less contribution to the quest cause they are busy managing the incoming and outgoing members
If they want people to cooperate and play together they have to make the open world content too hard to do it solo or at least too hard to do it solo fast so it's worth to spend time looking for people to help you.

Why would I spend time asking "someone wants to do this with me" if I can do it solo in a minute.
13/08/2018 09:03Posted by Daive
If they want people to cooperate and play together they have to make the open world content too hard to do it solo or at least too hard to do it solo fast so it's worth to spend time looking for people to help you.

Why would I spend time asking "someone wants to do this with me" if I can do it solo in a minute.

Exactly how it should work. But instead of creating a great environment that makes people want to create groups is bad because of casual solo players.
Therefore we all get to enjoy the same boring solo experience
I remember the first thread when people found out the auto accept etc was disabled. And most people knew the reasons already. Not surprising. Abuse of function = removed. Nothing new.
13/08/2018 09:33Posted by Kaisja
I remember the first thread when people found out the auto accept etc was disabled. And most people knew the reasons already. Not surprising. Abuse of function = removed. Nothing new.

Why it was fine for 4 years but suddenly not?
What do you think?

I think it basically means - "People are doing the outdoor content way too fast, and we need to slow them down."

13/08/2018 09:33Posted by Kaisja
And most people knew the reasons already.

"Freeloaders" is not a reason, it is an excuse. It has existed since dawn of time, suddenly being concidered a "huge problem" for the outdoor content is retarded. The real reason is to extend game time. Every new feature from Slower leveling to the removal of ML does that - extending game time.
Legion had this "lovely" carrot on a stick for it - legendaries, BFA doesn't have incentive to do outdoor content, so they will milk every second you spent in it.
I mean to be fair i did the same boss like 5-6 times and every group I happened to join always had my first character in it due to auto invite. The content was literally given no thought and was just mandatory cannon fodder or something along those lines, its for the best that some effort goes into keeping the game pristine.
Dailies are boring. The World Quest system was a success specifically because it included a lot of things that made them less boring and a lot more fun. Grouping up was part of that. People don't want to be doing chores in this game, there's more than enough other fun stuff that we'd rather focus on. It's a pity Blizzard doesn't seem to understand this.

Either way, this war is pointless. Every change they do, the addons find a workaround. All Blizzard is left with at this point is a whole lot of collateral damage.