PvP gear rating requirements

Arenas
Why not bring this system back like in WotLK?

PvP and arenas have felt so unrewarding in the past few expansions and there's not much motivation to play sometimes.

Thoughts?
07/08/2018 23:42Posted by Tranquilityr
They are. Read up on BfA and you'll see.
Not exactly the same, but it's probably close to the way you're asking for since you wrote those kinds of arguments for it.
Also, PS: I'm against it. Both what you want and what they're bringing in BfA. But hey, that's just what I think.

it would cause a casual outcry beyond imagination.

and Blizzard is a casual oriented company these days.
I know I was so happy back in wrath when I got my 1800 weapon, best moment in wrath :D
How do you guys still find the motivation to leave suggestions and feedback on arena forums? This place exists so we can talk to each other as pvp players and have some drama fun here and there.

When will you understand that feedback means nothing to blizzard, especially those who come from EU forums.
08/08/2018 01:09Posted by Zeynaa
How do you guys still find the motivation to leave suggestions and feedback on arena forums? This place exists so we can talk to each other as pvp players and have some drama fun here and there.

When will you understand that feedback means nothing to blizzard, especially those who come from EU forums.
You just have to close your eyes and believe
08/08/2018 02:25Posted by Blacklock
08/08/2018 01:09Posted by Zeynaa

You just have to close your eyes and believe

^.^
08/08/2018 01:03Posted by Capitalpop
I know I was so happy back in wrath when I got my 1800 weapon, best moment in wrath :D

Exactly, and 2k shoulders. The coolest looking piece. But now transmog has ruined that anyway so it's pointless.
08/08/2018 18:38Posted by Tranquilityr
08/08/2018 01:03Posted by Capitalpop

Exactly, and 2k shoulders. The coolest looking piece. But now transmog has ruined that anyway so it's pointless.

How? You could wear elite-PVP set if you wanted to.

Edit: Maybe I was wrong, looks like the 2k and 2.2k are pre-patch? Not sure
The xmog system is fine and it will be further nerfed in BFA to increase the appeal to more people.

While I am not a huge fan of the BFA system, which gives full access at 1800, I understand why they do it and I hope it will reinvigorate PVP participation.
08/08/2018 19:12Posted by Kantamaran
While I am not a huge fan of the BFA system, which gives full access at 1800, I understand why they do it and I hope it will reinvigorate PVP participation.
Wut? Pretty sure the full set means 2k+, and some pieces here and there starting from bracers on 1400+.
The problem is that a lot of the people who doesn't pvp aren't the kind of players who would get 2k+. If they did, they'd be playing for the sets already. So will they choose to play for parts of a set they can't get all the pieces for? I honestly don't know, but time will tell.

As for the effect it will have on the elite sets, they'll just get watered down. Of course they've been watered down so much from all this pruning that people doesn't even care about 'em anymore. But they'll be watered down further by giving away random pieces to probably mostly the same people who are already playing now.

The answer to fixing the participation in the game has been the same from the start: It's to increase immersion. It's not a coincidence that people were more immersed in the game when the game was gaining popularity and when it reached its peak in popularity. It's also not a coincidence that every time the game lost a lot of players all at once was when the gameplay were dramatically changed.
And as I've mentioned several times already, two of the biggest contributors to the immersive process in games are 1. gameplay and 2. perceived social interaction (which includes, but is not limited to, the "interaction" with NPCs).
I cannot find the thread anymore but the basic set ended with 1800 (helm + shoulders) with a specific tabard / cloak at 2.2

Moreover, 1800 will reward HC ilvl gear.

I agree with your argument about immersion in as far as we are talking about non-wow players or former players. But the (mainstream) player base that is still there will go where the rewards are. That is why LFR and M+ are such huge successes.
08/08/2018 19:12Posted by Kantamaran
08/08/2018 18:38Posted by Tranquilityr

How? You could wear elite-PVP set if you wanted to.

Edit: Maybe I was wrong, looks like the 2k and 2.2k are pre-patch? Not sure
The xmog system is fine and it will be further nerfed in BFA to increase the appeal to more people.

Yeah but my 2k 3s was years and years before the pre-patch 2.2k. I regret getting it now since I was already in the 2100s and that difference in rating isn't worth the pre patch 2.2 achieve. I hope they remove them.
08/08/2018 19:47Posted by Kantamaran
with a specific tabard / cloak at 2.2

The tabard will require 2.4 in BFA

PvP and arenas have felt so unrewarding in the past few expansions and there's not much motivation to play sometimes.

Thoughts?

yop! they should
08/08/2018 21:05Posted by Capitalpop

dafuq is the benefit of the tabard?
09/08/2018 13:56Posted by Chaosblade

dafuq is the benefit of the tabard?
The same as the enchant. It's cosmetical.

Thoughts?

why don't you leave that job to blizzard and do your job? just play the game and don't complicate the game..... it's ok as it is planned in BFA even legion was fine but BFA is way better.
09/08/2018 14:09Posted by Chaosblade

Thoughts?

why don't you leave that job to blizzard and do your job? just play the game and don't complicate the game..... it's ok as it is planned in BFA even legion was fine but BFA is way better.

Now I don't agree with OP that we should go back to WotLK rating for gear system (I much prefer WoD or late MoP system(s)), but holy !@#$ - Why do you post if you're this clueless?

source for this?

oh noes my dreamzzz

Anyone can find that "old" post again, where people discussed the elite transmogs and stuff? I looked for it a few days ago but cannot find it anymore

07/08/2018 23:56Posted by Cptnshoq
it would cause a casual outcry beyond imagination.

from this guy for example

09/08/2018 14:09Posted by Chaosblade