Necromancers

General
Warlocks are mages that started using the Fel and went deep down that hole.

DKs are revived champions with Unholy strength and heavy weapon and armor.

Necromancers are usually "Living" members of the cult of the damned, mages that persued the forbidden arts of necromancy under the influence of Nerzhul.

This are 3 different things that could be exploited and developed completely separately and differently with a distinctive class fantasy.

Since someone brought Diablo here, lets no forget everyone said D3 could not Get Necomrancer's becouse they already had "Witch Doctors" filling that spot.... Guess blizzard realised this where different classes, with different lore and a different class fantasy worth exploring and developing separately.
10/08/2018 09:20Posted by Nimrhys
I am actually on the side of getting Necromancers now, warlocks are strictly fel and demon related, I'd love a class that is pure -death- magic. "DKs" Let me rephrase. I would love a CASTER class that is pure -death- magic.

DK could use a ranged spec... We are papers already.
09/08/2018 21:57Posted by Pënn
probably better as Reanimation rather than Reincarnation, as the latter suggests pure revival of soul into a new, earned, form,

Reanimation suggests necromancy

though it is a nice idea it does pose a few questions like; where do they come from?

the Cult of the Damned are mostly, if not entirely, dead.
others would be directly under the control of the Lich King so
they'd have to belong to the Ebon blade but they hate necromancers just like Sylvanas does - while paradoxically being a version of them

Yes, reanimation would suit best.

Well, I have plenty of concept in case of the lore. But in my theories would all end on some sort of "retribution". Like, some sort of old/new cult that just wants to study in peace and enter on the faction to do just that in trade to teach them the art. Some sort of "get away from something" "lore". Or, they could be useful to fight off the Void Lords/Old Gods. Or Bolvar could teach us the way in some sort of deep twisted complex master plan of some sort.

Anyway, I am not entirely sure that either Ebon Blade and Sylvanas hates Necromancers. In the beginning of vanilla, Sylvanas gave us a quest to try and find, then recruit a Necromancer that was alone on an island on Tirisfal Glade, Gunther Arcanus, because she needed (and still needs, despite the Valkyries) the Necromancers to boost her ranks. Never found a part of lore that literally stipulate that she hates them. She hatted the scourge, and Arthas, and probably Kel'Thuzad, but it never said she hatted the Necromancer on general, if I am not mistaken.

Although, I can't be so sure about the Ebon blade, we sure have a Lich and necromancers (as npc) among us, never payed attention if they were displeased with them or not.
Necromancer would be cool but WoW already has more than enough Classes.
09/08/2018 23:59Posted by Rimstar
I don't think we need a new class solely based on necromancers, as it overlaps with DKs and what they do. Maybe, as some people suggested, it could be added as a 4th choice for DKs (but basically an unholy DK is already a necromancer).

Another option would be to create a different cloth/caster class but making an obvious differentation to abilities that DKs already possess, such as summoning undeads (and that includes ghouls and all its variants, gargoles, val'kyrs, etc) or spreading diseases. They should be able to do something completely different using dark magic (ie, merging the dark rangers with the necromancer?).

That's the thing, if you keep merging things with other things, you won't make something new, you will just ruin two concepts.

In this game, we already have a few similarities. Both Priests and Palas shares light. Infernal Locks and Fire mages shares fire. Shadow Priests and Affliction Locks shares shadows and dots. Restoration for Druids and Shamans. Rogues and monks. Hell, even Frost Dk and Mages.

That's something, another is to ruin both new potentials to make a cripple one. Dks have only Unholy in common with Necromancers. Just like all of the above examples that I mention. Therefore, I don't see that as an excuse to still keep avoiding a new class. All new classes that will come forth, will have at least one spec in common with the current classes we got.

As someone once said:
«Anything that's the "something" of the "something" isn't really the "anything" of "anything".»- Lisa Simpson, on MoneyBart Ep 3, S22.
10/08/2018 00:15Posted by Elaynne
Warlock are advanced version of Necromancer

Well, not really. If you go THAT way, then remember that it was Gul'Dan that brought a couple of Warlocks in to the Necromancy. Therefore, is the Necromancers that are an evolution of Warlocks. Because, Warlocks already existed, they were changed in to Necromancers later. At least, that was Necrolyte of Gul'Dan.

As I understand, in the same time as Gul'Dan was doing that on Draenor, in Azeroth, there was some sort of Race, I think it was some type of Elves, that taught Necromancy to trolls I guess. Something like that, and the concepts and technique was quite different from Gul'Dans.
10/08/2018 08:52Posted by Rimstar
10/08/2018 00:37Posted by Coldbones
i would love a necromancer class, just summoning hordes of skeletons and i liked your post idea, the scenes in BFL got me a bit giddy ooo could finally get a necromancer like from wc3. I think we need more caster/cloth classes all the previous one's have been melee and i would be pumped if we got a necromancer archetype now some people day dk and i disagree it's melee class not a pet class and warlock meh it's close but doesn't really fill that fantasy for me.

Maybe if we get the undead 3rd faction we will get the class finally. As far im concerned more classes more options more fun.

You can already do that: it's called unholy death knight.

You are not paying enough attention mate
I am actually on the side of getting Necromancers now, warlocks are strictly fel and demon related, I'd love a class that is pure -death- magic. "DKs" Let me rephrase. I would love a CASTER class that is pure -death- magic.

From a Paladin, this means a lot lool. But yes, even Paladins can see the difference and not the vast interlopers I have as partners on the Ebon Blade, smh
10/08/2018 10:20Posted by Zhorgar
Warlocks are mages that started using the Fel and went deep down that hole.

DKs are revived champions with Unholy strength and heavy weapon and armor.

Necromancers are usually "Living" members of the cult of the damned, mages that persued the forbidden arts of necromancy under the influence of Nerzhul.

This are 3 different things that could be exploited and developed completely separately and differently with a distinctive class fantasy.

Since someone brought Diablo here, lets no forget everyone said D3 could not Get Necomrancer's becouse they already had "Witch Doctors" filling that spot.... Guess blizzard realised this where different classes, with different lore and a different class fantasy worth exploring and developing separately.

And they made Necromancer entirely different from Witch Doctors :) With their own mechanic AND lore <3 God bless you brother :D
10/08/2018 11:09Posted by Laetesh

There is no such a thing as "enough classes" on a MMORPG! Classes are variation. Are ways to keep the game pumping x)
Someone is ignoring affliction...
09/08/2018 10:11Posted by Nekroironjaw
NEED Necromancers.

Nope, what we need are mail users - Warden, Shadow Hunter, Dark ranger, or something completely new.
10/08/2018 11:23Posted by Nekroironjaw
10/08/2018 11:09Posted by Laetesh

There is no such a thing as "enough classes" on a MMORPG! Classes are variation. Are ways to keep the game pumping x)
That is demonstrably false. Shamans and shadow priests have had their BFA rework postponed till 8.1. There are so many classes that Blizzard didn't have time. This is a Clear example of 'more than enough classes'.
10/08/2018 11:20Posted by Nekroironjaw

From a Paladin, this means a lot lool. But yes, even Paladins can see the difference and not the vast interlopers I have as partners on the Ebon Blade, smh

I main Paladin but I have dabbled in all classes, DK sort of being the "dark paladin" I'd love to play but currently I don't like DK and the Warlock spells make me feel sick :s