Horrbile random dungeon/bg que?

General
I tried to get some gear from random normal dungeons on my hunter and i got a 45 /1h que for it. I know i am a derpi dps but this is unplayable like this , without a premade which i dont have. I tried random bgs too 50+ mins . Every dps got this issue ? Or its just my server(s) ?
It's cross realm, so yes. I have ~10 min queues as healer, guess tanks get instant pops. Nothing new really.
15/08/2018 11:30Posted by Shumensko
It's cross realm, so yes. I have ~10 min queues as healer, guess tanks get instant pops. Nothing new really.

On the start of a new exp. this is normal ? I mean where should i get gear if i dont get into dungeons or bgs at all ? so i cant que to hc. Premade groups declining every of my applies.
Guess most people are just doing quests, working on their professions, and/or gather stuff to put on AH for very good gold atm, even grind rep dunno
Just play a tank, instant dungeon queues 24/7
15/08/2018 11:33Posted by Phyxes
On the start of a new exp. this is normal ? I mean where should i get gear if i dont get into dungeons or bgs at all ? so i cant que to hc. Premade groups declining every of my applies.

It's been 2 days since launch. Most people don't rush, so you can't expect to have a lot of 120 eligible for hc dungeons(especially tanks and healers). After 3-4 days it's going to normalize.
15/08/2018 11:36Posted by Rudylv

Kinda dumb comment since hes a rogue?

@The OP, make friends?

yep. am lvling a druid and i always switch to Tank if I want to Q
I will not Que if I had to take a sip of water before clicking on LFD
15/08/2018 11:39Posted by Dejarous

@The OP, make friends?

Friends ? All of them quit a long time ago sadly. I am pretty much alone.
I had a two minute DPS queue at 2am whilst levelling.

It either seems to be nigh-instant or take hours.

yep. am lvling a druid and i always switch to Tank if I want to Q
I will not Que if I had to take a sip of water before clicking on LFD
Queued as dps got kicked for 30 second wc...

Why can't they just give rogues, hunters, mages and warlocks something other than dps specs.
I don't think that there is that much that Blizzard can do about a queue with 1000 dps, 10, healers and 10 tanks. Create or join a pve guild or make friends with everyone you get to play with in the dungeons that you'll get in to.
I can't help thinking there are weird things going on. I was using the dungeon finder to do the Drustvar dungeon last night and was queued for over an hour but when I hovered over the minimap icon, it said average wait <1 min so I gave up and cancelled the LFG and then immediately resubmitted it. Lo and behold, I was in a group straight away. I can't help thinking it isn't working as intended right now.
I was getting this for the last 2 days, but it suddenly stopped and now it's under 1 minute queues every time for me (dps)
15/08/2018 11:39Posted by Dejarous

@The OP, make friends?
Then don't expect fast queues because the ratio is like 100 dps to 1 tank lol
dont bother trying to get in to random instances before you hit lvl 115 or so, most l people try to get some gear and wait to se if there is a dungeon quest to do, before they hit the que, once more start to get closer to max level it usualy gets better.
Gave up on DPs because of this. Picked my second favorite class insted. O guess its worth it down the line when you can just log in 1/2 hour And do a dungeon AND a BG
120lvl healer 1 min queue
while leveling 5-10 min

People mostly enjoy quests more than dungeons at the start of the expansions.
Would be interesting to have some kind of 3 man dungeons where no tank or heal is required, just CC management. The important thing would be to not make it a nobrainer else it might kill standard dungeons, but it may help balance the amount of dps spec VS support spec.