scaling, please STOP complaining.

General
22/08/2018 08:27Posted by Dappypally
honestly, i do not understand why you are all complaining so much about this???

you play the game to RAID or PVP, you play the game to progress and you are all moaning about not being able to "feel powerful" against trash mobs in the world???

what next? you all going to ask for blizzards next Xpac to just be a walk in the park?

at this amount of complaining they may as well just release next xpac with
no levelling progression
no grinding, WQ, rep
when you hit max lvl you will be full mythic geared.

basically not a challenge, you all want everything given to you, want everything to be easy, well.... it's not, its a challenge for a reason.

STOP COMPLAINING.... deal with it, adapt like everyone else.

Because it's broken?

People wouldn't complain if it worked.

But it doesn't.

It's a good idea done badly....so complaining so that Blizzard get their heads out of their collective asses and decide to do it right is the way to go right now.

Feeling perpetually weak isn't a good idea, no other game that has scaling has that sense of feeling about it.

Watching a group of level 120's get their asses handed to them by a 110-111 player while funny to watch is not scaling working as intended.

feeling like I may as well be running around in questing greens against world trash for all the difference it would make isn't a good feeling either.

That point at level 116 when everything suddenly got weird and took longer to kill....

While I don't mind the scaling as a feature it is more irritating than it is challenging. I don't have to use cd's I don't have to do anything different, I just have to spend a lot of time on mobs when all I wanted was that herb node.
It always amazes me with what kind of people i am sharing the planet.OP is complaining for people to stop making complaint threads regarding poor scaling..
22/08/2018 10:09Posted by Athara
can you imagine no scaling?

you either would not be able to kill mobs at all with greens OR you start one shotting mobs with 5 man heroic gear making all the world content irrelevant 2 days in expansion

ILVL jumps are insane, like, you do 4K dps with <300 gear and 12K dps with 340 gear?

if scaling would be removed they would have to rework actual core game and that aint going to happen

and btw I do kill mobs faster with better gear, its just that pulling more than 3 is tricky ( AND THAT IS A GOOD THING ) so idk what are you people so upset about. when everyones full epic they probably will pose no challenge anyway

Yes I can, I played the game for 10+ years without scaling.
22/08/2018 12:59Posted by Kirago
22/08/2018 10:09Posted by Athara
can you imagine no scaling?

you either would not be able to kill mobs at all with greens OR you start one shotting mobs with 5 man heroic gear making all the world content irrelevant 2 days in expansion

ILVL jumps are insane, like, you do 4K dps with <300 gear and 12K dps with 340 gear?

if scaling would be removed they would have to rework actual core game and that aint going to happen

and btw I do kill mobs faster with better gear, its just that pulling more than 3 is tricky ( AND THAT IS A GOOD THING ) so idk what are you people so upset about. when everyones full epic they probably will pose no challenge anyway

Game world mobs years ago without scaling were scaling so much more slower than today they do WITH scaling so I do not understand what you are complaining about?
22/08/2018 13:03Posted by Athara
22/08/2018 12:59Posted by Kirago

Game world mobs years ago without scaling were scaling so much more slower than today they do WITH scaling so I do not understand what you are complaining about?

Err... they didn't scale at all without scaling?

That's the whole point.
It's the reason I hated skyrim. So yes, it does matter. Go away please.
22/08/2018 13:07Posted by Kirago
22/08/2018 13:03Posted by Athara

That's the whole point.

Eh, I meant that kill times when you get new gear did not improve nearly as much back then than they do now even with ilvl scaling.
22/08/2018 13:14Posted by Athara
22/08/2018 13:07Posted by Kirago

That's the whole point.

Eh, I meant that kill times when you get new gear did not improve nearly as much back then than they do now even with ilvl scaling.

You're not making any sense at all.

Right now the kill times don't decrease, back then kill times in the open world actually made you feel powerful with raid or pvp gear.
22/08/2018 13:16Posted by Wankman
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Right now the kill times don't decrease, back then kill times in the open world actually made you feel powerful with raid or pvp gear.

If you tried to level to 120 and got some gear you would see that they do in fact decrease, saying anything otherwise is a lie.

If you mean that you kill same boar at level 111 and then same at 119 and kill time increased, then yes, it did, but it is because of level scaling. Maybe level scaling is stupid but this way you have more zones available.
quote="176213573833"]honestly, i do not understand why you are all complaining so much about this???[/quote] because it's a retarded, anti-fun change

you play the game to RAID or PVP, you play the game to progress and you are all moaning about not being able to "feel powerful" against trash mobs in the world???
i am as casual as casual gets due to uni, all i do is farm mats for professions and i used to run old content for transmog gear although i'm not going to be doing that anymore since i can't even oneshot icc trash

what next? you all going to ask for blizzards next Xpac to just be a walk in the park?
why are you putting together end game content like dungeons/bgs/raids/arena/... with garbage like open world?

at this amount of complaining they may as well just release next xpac with
no levelling progression
no grinding, WQ, rep
when you hit max lvl you will be full mythic geared.
wouldn't mind no leveling don't see the point. again you are putting together open world with endgame

basically not a challenge, you all want everything given to you, want everything to be easy, well.... it's not, its a challenge for a reason.

STOP COMPLAINING.... deal with it, adapt like everyone else.

why the !@#$ do you keep bunching up engame content with open world stuf?
22/08/2018 08:28Posted by Shaimiran
There are so many options for Blizzard yet they choose the laziest

It's funny because i think it's much more of a coding effort to scale the world relatively to every single player rather than properly designing content. They've been experimenting with this scaling technology for a while now, pretty sure it's been years. So much effort and time wasted to develop the wrong solution to a problem which didn't existed before.
22/08/2018 09:41Posted by Fritze
Here is how a sane Person would have handled this:

Problem: "Players get too strong too fast."
Obvious Solution: "Make gear upgrades not that friggin strong".
Opposite World Solution: "Lets make everything scale with the gearlevel players have".

This is so damn retarded...

In fact it's like this:

Problem: "Players get too strong too fast and may stop playing too soon".
Obvious solution: "Give them something to keep themselves busy with".
Blizz Solution: "Timegate the heck out of everything, but do give them shiny's".

There obviously is only one reason why leveling became what it is now. Pure timegating. Same reason why new races get locked behind walls. Less content for the same price and you need much longer to actually be able to enjoy that part of the game. Blizz are Goblins. Time is money, friend!
This game is aimed at casuals. And casuals have less time to play than nolifers. Casuals need more time to get stuff done and so, the casual will pay more for that time needed. Lying lizzard Hazzikostas will obviously deny this in a Q&A and puts his lawyer skills to work. And all the fanboys will believe him.
22/08/2018 13:24Posted by Athara

If you tried to level to 120 and got some gear you would see that they do in fact decrease, saying anything otherwise is a lie.

If you mean that you kill same boar at level 111 and then same at 119 and kill time increased, then yes, it did, but it is because of level scaling. Maybe level scaling is stupid but this way you have more zones available.

went from 285 when i dinged at 120, to 320 and yes, kill times are longer and mobs hit harder than they did at 285 ilvl.
22/08/2018 13:30Posted by Voerman
22/08/2018 08:28Posted by Shaimiran
There are so many options for Blizzard yet they choose the laziest

It's funny because i think it's much more of a coding effort to scale the world relatively to every single player rather than properly designing content. They've been experimenting with this scaling technology for a while now, pretty sure it's been years. So much effort and time wasted to develop the wrong solution to a problem which didn't existed before.

Yes, and no.

It is a bigger effort initially, but then you can forget abut it and let the system handle everything while you puke poorly designed content.
22/08/2018 13:32Posted by Biscu
22/08/2018 13:24Posted by Athara

went from 285 when i dinged at 120, to 320 and yes, kill times are longer and mobs hit harder than they did at 285 ilvl.

Really? For me it was different. It was quite fast at 110 because of epics, then slowed down as those got replaced, then at ~310 ilvl or so with few good azerite armors and weapons it became quite fast again (specifically kill times) similar to when just starting expansion with good gear, except that I am taking relatively quite a lot more damage.

Cool, provide me with some evidence then.

Currently we have evidence for item level scaling in forms of videos, and we have a f*ckton of ppl claiming that they kill stuff faster if they unequip their heart of Azeroth and trinkets.

However, I have seen zero evidence for the claim that item level scaling can or will be outgeared eventually.

If you can show me how you kill stuff faster with an increased item level, I'd be grateful.

Until then, I don't care.
22/08/2018 13:38Posted by Athara

Really? For me it was different. It was quite fast at 110 because of epics, then slowed down as those got replaced, then at ~310 ilvl or so with few good azerite armors and weapons it became quite fast again (specifically kill times) similar to when just starting expansion with good gear, except that I am taking relatively quite a lot more damage.

i went from being able to kill 6-10 mobs at 119 to being able to kill about 3-5 freshly at 120 now i get raped by anything above 3 unless i use litteraly every cd every pack.

my problem is there's no skill about it, it's just unfun
22/08/2018 13:32Posted by Kirago
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes, and no.

It is a bigger effort initially, but then you can forget abut it and let the system handle everything while you puke poorly designed content.

This, exactly. Well, perhaps without the characterisation. It's all about ease of maintenance for the future.

While it was a big job, they have now scaled levels. I believe they did that primarily so that they never have to touch levels again with each new expansion.

They brought in world quests so that they could stretch the same material throughout an expansion, minimising the work of adding newer, harder areas.

They have declared that all specs are capped and for the most part won't be extended and reworked from expansion to expansion, just we get a sprinkling of temporary abilities each expansion that go away again. In Legion, it was Artefacts. In BfA, it's Azerite.

It's a model that lets them pump out expansions more cheaply, maybe enough to achieve the dream they expressed in Warlords, of one-year expansions. They couldn't do it then, but they're reshaping the game to make it possible in future.
22/08/2018 13:47Posted by Wankman

Cool, provide me with some evidence then.

Currently we have evidence for item level scaling in forms of videos, and we have a f*ckton of ppl claiming that they kill stuff faster if they unequip their heart of Azeroth and trinkets.

However, I have seen zero evidence for the claim that item level scaling can or will be outgeared eventually.

If you can show me how you kill stuff faster with an increased item level, I'd be grateful.

Until then, I don't care.

There is no evidence that people kill things faster with gear off.

There is evidence on how mob health scales with item level.

Until item level 300 mob health is the same. At 325 iLvL mob health increases by roughly 10%.

Those are facts.

DPS going from 300 to 325 increases by 20% or more for my class.

So looking at that it seems that I can actually kill mobs faster with better gear.

Do you have any other input except: "well obviously man everyone can see"
Can't stop, won't stop.