Suggestion regarding old reputations.

General
No, this isn't about allied races and their rep requirements.

What I suggest is, that Blizzard would combine old reputations to take the highest you have on that account and put it to all characters.

I'm one of those players who likes to play different classes in each expansion so I have pretty much all reps exalted, except I don't because they are on different toons.

I have Vanilla reps on my Hunter, TBC reps on my Paladin, Wrath reps on my DK and so on. Would it really be that bad to not combine them, but to just take the highest rep you have for each faction and put that as your rep for them.

Thoughts? Like if you agree, so someone might actually see it.
I would switch to nightborne, if I could transfer all reps to them aswell :/
with all these repgating, we sure as hell need account-wide reputation system.
No. Do you really think this is an original suggestion? Blizzard have given their answer by not making rep account wide long ago.
26/08/2018 00:58Posted by Blackblades
No. Do you really think this is an original suggestion? Blizzard have given their answer by not making rep account wide long ago.

They've made almost everything else account wide already. The logic of "it's not like that now, so it never will be" is beyond stupid.
Definitely needs to happen and I think it will
It would also mean you wouldn't be shackled to one character just because you've always done everything on that one, even if the class is sub-par at the moment.
They'd need to figure out something for people in the middle of The Insane-grind and similar rep oddities though. Maybe only share the rep if it's exalted?

E: simplest fix would just be having the achievements for x-many exalted reps be counted for every unique exalted reputation your account has on one faction, no matter the character.
Just share exalted rep achievement with account, as said above its the simplest.

Only exalted reps shared who does that hurt? Makes switching main easier and using tabards on alts.
26/08/2018 03:45Posted by Shimia
Just share exalted rep achievement with account, as said above its the simplest.

Only exalted reps shared who does that hurt? Makes switching main easier and using tabards on alts.

I fully agree with this.
26/08/2018 01:23Posted by Jandi
They've made almost everything else account wide already

But not this, despite people crying about it for years. It isn't something they just forgot to do.

The logic of "it's not like that now, so it never will be" is beyond stupid.

I never said that. But I do think the system is fine as it is. There should be some sort of drawbacks to rerolling fotm specs every patch, and reward for the people who don't.

Also everyone knows how to do this achievement. People knew they wouldn't get this achievement if they kept rerolling new classes, but they did it anyway. Then they cry they want it anyway. The communities sense of entitlement is overwhelming.

It was your choice not to get this achievement.
26/08/2018 00:49Posted by Jandi
No, this isn't about allied races and their rep requirements.

What I suggest is, that Blizzard would combine old reputations to take the highest you have on that account and put it to all characters.

I'm one of those players who likes to play different classes in each expansion so I have pretty much all reps exalted, except I don't because they are on different toons.

I have Vanilla reps on my Hunter, TBC reps on my Paladin, Wrath reps on my DK and so on. Would it really be that bad to not combine them, but to just take the highest rep you have for each faction and put that as your rep for them.

Thoughts? Like if you agree, so someone might actually see it.

I back this idea - I've 74 reps on this toon but chosen to play something different this expac (my horde shammy & ally lock); but I know i'm going to have to do EVERYTHING again (meaning rep grinds) on this toon just because she's been my main since vanilla.
26/08/2018 10:01Posted by Blackblades
They've made almost everything else account wide already

But not this, despite people crying about it for years. It isn't something they just forgot to do.

The logic of "it's not like that now, so it never will be" is beyond stupid.

I never said that. But I do think the system is fine as it is. There should be some sort of drawbacks to rerolling fotm specs every patch, and reward for the people who don't.

Also everyone knows how to do this achievement. People knew they wouldn't get this achievement if they kept rerolling new classes, but they did it anyway. Then they cry they want it anyway. The communities sense of entitlement is overwhelming.

It was your choice not to get this achievement.

What the hell are you even on about? What achievement?

If I cared about achievements, you'd think I would have more than 13k points after playing since Vanilla.
26/08/2018 11:56Posted by Jandi

[/quote]

Are you really that stupid? Which achievement do you think I'm talking about? Most of the people here want this change so they can get 100 exalted and the mount. If you just want a tabard or something for a specific character, just stop being lazy and grind the rep. It's not hard to grind a single reputation.
I dont really give a crab cake about 100 exalted reps, I think I have 70 or so atm, stopped giving a damn about amassing them on a must have mentality.

How ever I dont see a reason why exalted reps cant be shared on account.
Considering everything else is account-wide, don't see the problem with this.
If only for the tabards.
26/08/2018 15:16Posted by Cyndane
Considering everything else is account-wide, don't see the problem with this.
If only for the tabards.

and some other stuff like the laughing skull masks and some other gear ( like the class hall sets )

but yea i have like 80 at exhaled on this toon atm i would not mind it being account wide
26/08/2018 12:48Posted by Blackblades
26/08/2018 11:56Posted by Jandi

Are you really that stupid? Which achievement do you think I'm talking about? Most of the people here want this change so they can get 100 exalted and the mount. If you just want a tabard or something for a specific character, just stop being lazy and grind the rep. It's not hard to grind a single reputation.

So I'm stupid because I don't base my worth on video game achievements like you do?

Ok Bob.
26/08/2018 16:02Posted by Jandi
So I'm stupid because I don't base my worth on video game achievements like you do?

Why do i always end up being the diplomat ... no no hes saying "joosa stopid becuz joosa no agree wit him, becuz hiz opionion only correkt. (tried my best to say it in orc warrior language)