TOL DAGOR - Overseer Korgus

Dungeons & Raids
How did this make it through testing ? The concept of the fight is ridiculus, on top of being insanely overtuned, hp wise and damage wise. And on top lets make it noticable that the fight is almost impossible if you have a melee comp in your grp.

HP should be nerfed for atleast 10-20%.

Damage from the abilities should be reduced by atleast 10 %.

And the most important one, the bar that fills when you move should move atleast 100 % SLOWER ! This fight is all about movement, and you can't move. Like WTH ? I was in a grp with really good players this morning, still wiped around 20 times on him. We made some strategies that shouldn't be used in a mythic 0, such as our rogue sacrificing and so on..

Also, infernal strike (core of my rotation as it does the most damage) gives me 30 % of the bar. Thus making my damage really stupid, and since high damage output is the only thing that makes me a viable tank in this fight, i'm now totally useless. Also fel rush, heroic leaps, fel rush (even if made to dps the boss, not move away) give so much of the adrenaline or whatever the resource of the bar is...

Either reduce the bar filling up by atleast 100, if not 150 %, or make it that it clears 100 - 150 % faster. I have to stand still for 20 seconds, while moving for 3 seconds results in a 8 sec stun, which is almost guaranteed wipe because something is bound to happen in those 8 secs that has a high chance of oneshotting it.

Fix this please, it's unplayable.
As only a casual pve er ( mainly pvp) I really liked the encounter because it wasn't just a stubborn dps until dead - encounter.
As only a casual pve er ( mainly pvp) I really liked the encounter because it wasn't just a stubborn dps until dead - encounter.

Sad to see people want it instantly nerfed just because it is somewhat of a challenge
Judging by how you answered me, you just completly ignored everything I've said. I don't mind a challenge aswell, but this encounter is severy overtuned for a melee character and also has an impact on your rotation if you are a demon hunter, outlaw rogue and so on.

Read it once again and come back with a proper answer if you want to discuss. Thanks
The poison builds up too fast. That's main issue of that fight. If I could actually move more than just 2 steps, it wouldn't be so bad.
Yes - the poison, but also the fact - that the mechanic doesn't allow you to move - but on the same time FORCES you to move.

This combat design doesn't make sense at all. The falling back of the Cannon hit should at Least not be punished by raising the stun-progressbar...
Tuck him in a corner and keep your back to the wall, ez pz.
26/08/2018 19:41Posted by Húmúz

im not talking about how to counter a mechanic with game physics.. i am definitly aware of this...

i am talking about a mechanic that doesn't make sense in combination with the other boss spells - it's just a Bad bossdesign
You sound like you need to get better at the game. The entire fight can be done with nobody moving more than about 5 yards
I honestly haven't found a problem with that fight at all. As long as the tank positions the boss in a suitable location, the only time you have to move anything more than 5 yards is when you have explosive burst and you need to move away from the group. That's it. In fact, I killed the boss twice on mythic before I even noticed the Heartstopper venom bar.

All things considered, it's a pretty easy fight.
26/08/2018 19:46Posted by Galworg
26/08/2018 19:41Posted by Húmúz

im not talking about how to counter a mechanic with game physics.. i am definitly aware of this...

i am talking about a mechanic that doesn't make sense in combination with the other boss spells - it's just a Bad bossdesign

It makes sense to me. Encounter forcing you to do something that in excess will punish you isn't anything new. I actually like these kind of encounters.
26/08/2018 21:31Posted by Muserbravo
You sound like you need to get better at the game. The entire fight can be done with nobody moving more than about 5 yards

Yes, I should get better by not using my core ability that does i don't know, maybe the most of my damage ?
27/08/2018 14:30Posted by Pihalecsmrti
26/08/2018 21:31Posted by Muserbravo

Yes, I should get better by not using my core ability that does i don't know, maybe the most of my damage ?

Momentum has its drawbacks. Not every encounter can be done with it. Hence why I'm not touching it.
Never had an issue with this boss, now can we talk about the trash pack before Underrots first boss?
27/08/2018 15:09Posted by Húmúz
27/08/2018 14:30Posted by Pihalecsmrti

Momentum has its drawbacks. Not every encounter can be done with it. Hence why I'm not touching it.

Talking about VENG DH, as i'm playing tank. Don't know about havoc.

Infernal strike adds around 30-40 % poison to the bar, even if used TO DPS the boss aka landing on the exact same location. That's the main problem of the bad design i'm talking about.

Also since we're talking about havoc, had one when we did it, and during the downtime, Fel rush should be used right ? He ofcourse said that he didn't, because 2x fel rush + moving 3 yards away for the explosion already stunned him for 8 sec, so DPS LOSS again from a melee point of view.
I love the fight I just think the bar should fill up SLIGHTLY slower (not too slowly). Really original mechanic just it's too punishing for melee. Imo gap closers should not trigger the poison, tried charging as a warrior and just got insta stunned.
27/08/2018 17:13Posted by Pihalecsmrti
Infernal strike adds around 30-40 % poison to the bar

That does suck. Even if they change nothing about the fight they should definitely change this for Vdh.

(edit: I find it an interesting fight idd, but I can see how it's punishing Vdh specifically far too much).
Ive oneshot this encounter on mythic both times. I dont see how this should get nerfed. I can see this encounter be really a challenge on 10+ tyranicall. I like it.
Ok so your complaints is not even encounter specific but spec specific. Sound like an oversight with infernal strike tbh but for 99% of the ppl this encounter should not be a problem either way, and you can time your infernal strikes for moments when you either have to move anyway or you wont move for a while and just let the bar go down again.

Fight is super easy afk in a corner fight with sometimes moving 5 yards and back which doesnt even fill the bar halfway.
Its an easy fight if you do the tactic properly.