Can't play as allied race in BFA...

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
23/08/2018 18:13Posted by Wheatgrass
23/08/2018 18:10Posted by Tubri

How cute, you came up with a new word. Here, I can do the same: Grindeycuck.

The definition for that being for the current generation of gamer who think they are somehow better than others and think they can educate others on matters regarding MMO grinding, but in reality are just wrong on so many levels and either refuse or are unable to come to any middle ground that can satisfy both parties.. You are a good example of that.

Well... I am pretty close to getting to revered on all factions excluding Champions and Tortollans, but I am having too much fun watching you make an utter fool of yourself :)

grindeycuck? nah i prefer menow.

fool out of myself? like when you thought i was talking about fish?
rofl,keep it coming you are really entertaining in a short bus type of way.

lucky for us blizz's policy on silver spoon butt carriers seems to match my own opinion so yeah,good luck with that.

off to cook me some dinner,might make some minnow stew.

Yeah such a stretch that you misspelled a fish, sorry that nobody knows your cringworthy made up word.

Also I agree that the rep grind at this point is pretty stupid because it's advertised on the box and people will expect it to be available. Locking it behind a time gate will only drive returning players away again.

I know many on here defend the current iteration but their arguments basically boil down to "I did it when it was hard" so ofc everyone should do the same. Imo it's some weird form of elitism for players that haven't done any actually hard content.

Personally I don't care about the allied races at all.
@Fellwitch, Meraii: I am not certain how much of the already too many threads you two have read, but here are a few relatively quick remarks.

Highmountain tauren are 100% grindable, if one really wants... either do the basic quest lines and then about 116 runs of Neltharion's Lair... or 168 runs of NL and skip even the basics. Due to current mechanics, bringing friends and / or guild mates and / or being level 111+ make things a bit easier.

The other three "old" allied races do need a bit more work. I hope I do not forget anything of major importance, some other friendly people will probably fix, if I do...

WQs
Kirin Tor emissaries
Get you order halls sorted and make your followers stronger so they are eligible for missions with reputation related rewards.
Weeklies
Rares can (very rarely) drop reputation tokens.

if you are interested in either void elves or lightforged draenei, remember that in some cases rewards can provide reputation for both.

If you are still working on unlocks on the 2.9.2018, fetch the buff from Darkmoon Faire...

I am afraid that was just about it. Most other things have been said too many times in other threads by now, sorry. :/
23/08/2018 19:10Posted by Trelw
@Fellwitch, Meraii: I am not certain how much of the already too many threads you two have read, but here are a few relatively quick remarks.

Hi Trelw. I have finished the HIghmountain and Suramar reps now, and I am revered with Armies of the Light and Honoured with Argussian Reach.

I've been doing all the world quests on Broken Shores and Argus. I was queing for dungeons, but they pop once in a blue moon now that BFA is out.

I believe my order hall is up to date, I am up to the 'Ruins of Oronaar' mission which I am currently waiting to complete. My followers are all 900ilvl currently and I do any missions that involves a rep reward.

I think it really is just a waiting game for me at this point, but thanks anyway. :)
23/08/2018 19:10Posted by Repawt
I know many on here defend the current iteration but their arguments basically boil down to "I did it when it was hard" so ofc everyone should do the same. Imo it's some weird form of elitism for players that haven't done any actually hard content.

As someone who does have the allied races unlocked (Currently working on the Mag'har and it's going pretty well thus far), and I have absolutely no problems with people being able to get the Legion Allied races faster.

Because I'm not a selfish elitist jerk.
@Meraii: You have already accomplished a lot. :) When you have opportunities, try to get at least some followers to 925 or even 950. To be honest, I am not 100% sure about this, but it should make some of the missions easier and on rare occasions enable one to get a bit extra.

Other than that, I think I will just wish you good luck with your adventures! :)
23/08/2018 14:36Posted by Flyk
23/08/2018 14:25Posted by Fellwitch
What am I supposed to do now? Wait for the world quests to respawn over the course of 3-4 weeks now, in order to be able to get enough rep to continue? I find this completely ridiculous.

Yes, it's absolutely shocking that people expect to just get everything they want the moment they want it.

That is actually not true, she would do the quests etc with her own pace, but she can't, the pace is dictated by Blizzard, You spend far more time waitnig than actually doing quests or missions. I have to say that I did not mind that Allied races were locked under rep before launch of BfA, but now it does not seem that right.

And those two other sets of Allied races are really not good at all time-gating wise, since you can unlock Zandalari and Kul Tiran after you are pretty much done with the basic story of both continents + it seems that after you are done with other zones as well (Nazjatar?), so they really feel like races for another expansion not for the current one...
They are advertising these races as a part of this expansion and not Legion. But they work more like a feature for the old expansion now.

Here is what it says about Allied Races on the main page for BFA.

"Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks."

Nowhere does it warn you that the quest for this content majorly deals with taking part in an older product. I am not sure if it classifies as false advertisement, but I think it is a really shoddy way of doing it.

I did complete my rep grinds during Legion so I have these races unlocked, but I wish friends of mine could get them faster now that the expansion is out. I hoped that the pre-order bonus was just an extra way to unlock these races as a head start. Not how it was always going to be.

I at least think they should lower the requirements to revered for the Legion races. For some people, those rep grinds are too much and way too daunting, especially now that a new expansion is released. I highly doubt that most people returning to WoW with BFA want to spend a lot of time on an expansion they perhaps did not really enjoy. Especially if they payed for the new expansion specifically to play those new races.
23/08/2018 20:44Posted by Sylvros
23/08/2018 14:36Posted by Flyk

Yes, it's absolutely shocking that people expect to just get everything they want the moment they want it.

That is actually not true, she would do the quests etc with her own pace, but she can't, the pace is dictated by Blizzard, You spend far more time waitnig than actually doing quests or missions. I have to say that I did not mind that Allied races were locked under rep before launch of BfA, but now it does not seem that right.

And those two other sets of Allied races are really not good at all time-gating wise, since you can unlock Zandalari and Kul Tiran after you are pretty much done with the basic story of both continents + it seems that after you are done with other zones as well (Nazjatar?), so they really feel like races for another expansion not for the current one...

There's two years of bfa to go yet if the last two come with 8.1 as most ppl are expecting that could be within 6 months of release with new content to go with them specifically. So even if ppl finish all the content there is now with 1 or 2 or 3 months there is more to come over the next two years.
23/08/2018 21:33Posted by Nefaryas
There's two years of bfa to go yet if the last two come with 8.1 as most ppl are expecting that could be within 6 months of release with new content to go with them specifically. So even if ppl finish all the content there is now with 1 or 2 or 3 months there is more to come over the next two years.

Most of the content is at the launch of new expansion and Allied races are key part of BfA, yet you are time gated even for the requirements to unlock them and then you have to level them to actually get to BfA, which takes yet another time and now compare it to ARs that were added in 7.3.5
+ there is no logical reason for Zandalari and Kul Tiran to not be considered as members of Horde/Alliance right now, so why not make the requirements to unlock them being available with the launch of BfA?
I get the feeling we're going to be seeing 1 more pair of Allied Races beyond the ones we know now. 8.1 or 8.2 will probably bring us Kul'tirans/Zandalari (the reps are already in place, since I only play Alliance I assume that the horde have the equivalent of Proudmoore Admiralty aka the obvious Kul'tiran focused rep) which leaves 8.3 open for content.

Now assuming 8.2 = Naga focus (since we learned that Azshara is basically the Gul'dan of this expansion aka the middle raid boss...whether we defeat her or not remains to be seen, she could just flee) that leaves 8.3 up in the air as either the final push into Old God Country or the finale of the war, either way it means gathering more allies for the fight ahead.
23/08/2018 21:49Posted by Sylvros
23/08/2018 21:33Posted by Nefaryas

Most of the content is at the launch of new expansion and Allied races are key part of BfA, yet you are time gated even for the requirements to unlock them and then you have to level them to actually get to BfA, which takes yet another time and now compare it to ARs that were added in 7.3.5
+ there is no logical reason for Zandalari and Kul Tiran to not be considered as members of Horde/Alliance right now, so why not make the requirements to unlock them being available with the launch of BfA?

Not going to argue but I feel there's going to be more content release throughout the expansion. In fact I've jus read an interview that made clear there is a lot more to come. They are time gating everything in this expansion, for what reason I can only guess and suppose like everyone else.

But we do know that 2 allied races are due to come out in a later patch and no info has been given to there rep requirements or anything (other than a leak which sounds good but who knows) and there will be more content to go with them especially if they put a new rep in for them as has been suggested by the leak.
I think if the 110 token that came with the expansion allowed the player the creation of at least one Allied Race character, that could have been a nice workaround. Letting returning/new players try out a shiny new character for the new content rather than gate-keeping it entirely, what a tease! I mean I don't mind the idea of having to unlock the races too much personally, but it's a hell of a diversion right now if you've only got an hour or so to play.

Still need to grind out my shiny space goat for when I get around to playing the Alliance quests ho-hum.

This is not "I want it now" consumer culture. This is about an arbitrary time sink put in to purposefully obstruct and string along new players to the game.

No hun, you got it all wrong. Nothing is purposefully made to gimp you, because Allied Races aren't a requirement to do anything in the game.

Wanna do dungeons, raids, farm mog, RP? Guess what? You can do all that on another usual race.

If you want to play an Allied Race, then you meet the requirements of the unlock. You think it gimps your playing now? Do it later.

It's cosmetic. If you are not a top end Raider/Pvper to aim for Void Elf racial maybe, then you have no excuse to QQ.
23/08/2018 23:20Posted by Nyenne

This is not "I want it now" consumer culture. This is about an arbitrary time sink put in to purposefully obstruct and string along new players to the game.

No hun, you got it all wrong. Nothing is purposefully made to gimp you, because Allied Races aren't a requirement to do anything in the game.

Wanna do dungeons, raids, farm mog, RP? Guess what? You can do all that on another usual race.

If you want to play an Allied Race, then you meet the requirements of the unlock. You think it gimps your playing now? Do it later.

It's cosmetic. If you are not a top end Raider/Pvper to aim for Void Elf racial maybe, then you have no excuse to QQ.

You can't say it's cosmetic and then dispute it in the same line. Races aren't purely cosmetic and locking races behind a grind is dumb imo.

Achievments, titles, mounts and tabards and some transmog gear are the "prestige" rewards for those that put time into getting exalted, raiding at highest difficulty or playing PvP at the top level. Basically implementing new races and locking them behind a 2-4 week grind, when new races would be one of the major draws for a lot of returning players isn't just dumb but quite nasty of blizzard too. Races/Classes have always been fundemental !@#$ you get from buying the xpac, locking it behind a potential month of rep grind is such an obvious subscription time bait it's actually disgusting.

What am I supposed to do now? Wait for the world quests to respawn over the course of 3-4 weeks now, in order to be able to get enough rep to continue? I find this completely ridiculous.

Sadly yes it's wait I agree with you it's stupid old content locked behind a time gate is stupid. Anyone with an IQ Higher than a shoe size could see this coming.

They could of done 3 things
  • Up the quest rep acquired through Quest / WQ
  • Remove the Gate time that once you complete all quest on map a new set comes
  • Buy tokens old currency like waking essence , nether shards or aurg crystals
  • Keep all the rest of the requirements and the issues wouldn't be as bad.
    I can't believe so many people are actually defending the time gated content that is allied races. It's absolutely riddiculous, to literally brand your new expansion partly on this (one of the pre BFA Q&As was JUST talk about allied races), when it's hidden behind a lock that'll take even the hardest of grinders 30+ days to crack.

Alot of people in this thread claims that "if you played throughout Legion, you naturally got the allied races". As someone who played the entire expansion, I still do not have a single one of them unlocked.

I'm not one to nitpick the expansion yet, as we've only seen the very begining of it, but even the fact that Kul Tiran and Zandalari allied races doesn't even have a release date is absolutely wrong.

I never feel entilted to anything I did not farm/go for (infact I'm a very loud voice against the reward changes they've made in PvP; basically reducing requirements for everything and therefore devaluating those rewards), but no one in their right mind can be of the belief, that having new players grind ancient content for MORE THAN A MONTH, to unlock something blizzard has taken so much pride in, is healthy for the game.
    23/08/2018 21:26Posted by Merwanor
    They are advertising these races as a part of this expansion and not Legion. But they work more like a feature for the old expansion now.

Here is what it says about Allied Races on the main page for BFA.

"Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks."

Nowhere does it warn you that the quest for this content majorly deals with taking part in an older product. I am not sure if it classifies as false advertisement, but I think it is a really shoddy way of doing it.

I did complete my rep grinds during Legion so I have these races unlocked, but I wish friends of mine could get them faster now that the expansion is out. I hoped that the pre-order bonus was just an extra way to unlock these races as a head start. Not how it was always going to be.

I at least think they should lower the requirements to revered for the Legion races. For some people, those rep grinds are too much and way too daunting, especially now that a new expansion is released. I highly doubt that most people returning to WoW with BFA want to spend a lot of time on an expansion they perhaps did not really enjoy. Especially if they payed for the new expansion specifically to play those new races.

I fell for this. i havent played or kept a lookout for anything that had to do with WoW since Argus was launched. As i had other things to do, like real life. and 2 days before the launch of BfA i saw this AD saying prephurcase Battle for azeroth and begin the quest to unlock the allied races now !

it wasnt untill i had spendt 90e on the game i found out that i have to grind exlted rep with argus factions.

by this time i couldnt get a refund. and figured, meh.. ill just try it out.
    I was pretty pissed off by this.

I will gladly grind rep. but i want to grind it and be done with it so i can enjoy the stuff i initially payed for. not wait hours upon hours for worldquests to pop up to give me almost no progression at a time.
    23/08/2018 23:20Posted by Nyenne

Really? Did you have to unlock Draenei to be able to play it? Nope, it was added and insta playable when TBC launched. Just like Blood Elfs. Nobody had to unlock them, everybody enjoyed playing them right off the bat. No one complained about getting the new races too easy.
    The fanboys defending the gating of allied races are almost all posting on races added after Vanilla for which no unlock requirements existed, except for DK's requiring a lvl 55 character on the realm you wanted to roll one. And only 1 DK per realm was allowed. A lot of the defenders of gating haven't even experienced that period in the game.
    Any veteran player out there should feel the same as me about gating new playable races. It's plain stupid.
    23/08/2018 14:25Posted by Fellwitch
    Hi all.

I did not play much of Legion but purchased BFA with the intention of starting a new character as the Nightfallen allied race.

I am at 5750/21000 rep at revered currently.

I can't even unlock the Insurrection quest line until I hit 20k rep revered.

I have done every available world quest. I have completed all quests in Suramar available at this reputation level.

I understand there is a grind in order to unlock the race, but tying a purchased race into a rep grind that is time-gated now is absolutely bonkers.

There is literally nothing I can do at this point (someone please prove me wrong) other than wait. I do not want to do the new content with this character, I want my new one.

there is probably a dungeon u can spam for rep.