Please do not introduce flying in BFA.

General
No, flying should stay. You have probably until 8.2 (which shouldn't be for the next 6-7 months or so) to enjoy no-flying and then we get our turn. By that time most people will have seen everything on the ground anyway.
Don't like it, don't use it.

Simple as that.

You're usually the first to get flying as well.
The thing is the zones aren't really designed for ground mounts. They have a lot of annoying mountains and hills in the way of getting around places. Sure they might be interesting for a short while but after about a month they just become annoying rather than interesting. Why do you think they've had to have flight masters whistles for 2 expansions now? Because that fast travel mechanic does just make the game more enjoyable.

It seems obvious to me that blizzard frankly hate having flying mounts in the game yet they seem to have lost the ability to build zones where ground travel is actually enjoyable for a prolonged period.

They could have even spiced up ground mount travel mechanically, somewhat similar to the ley races in legion where traveling in a straight line builds your movement speed. They have that upgrade that gives you mounted movement speed after using a flight path, could have something similar for doing a world quest. They could have expanded the totem of gonk system for more zones (traveling near the totem gives you a bonus to movement speed and reduced falling damage for a short duration).

Unless they do something to make ground mount travel enjoyable, I don't see any reason for them to remove the convenience of flying. Flying mounts just remove the annoyance of a world that frankly is more annoying than enjoyable to travel around the more you travel it.
23/08/2018 18:07Posted by Stormreave
The thing is the zones aren't really designed for ground mounts. They have a lot of annoying mountains and hills in the way of getting around places. Sure they might be interesting for a short while but after about a month they just become annoying rather than interesting. Why do you think they've had to have flight masters whistles for 2 expansions now? Because that fast travel mechanic does just make the game more enjoyable.

It seems obvious to me that blizzard frankly hate having flying mounts in the game yet they seem to have lost the ability to build zones where ground travel is actually enjoyable for a prolonged period.

They could have even spiced up ground mount travel mechanically, somewhat similar to the ley races in legion where traveling in a straight line builds your movement speed. They have that upgrade that gives you mounted movement speed after using a flight path, could have something similar for doing a world quest. They could have expanded the totem of gonk system for more zones (traveling near the totem gives you a bonus to movement speed and reduced falling damage for a short duration).

Unless they do something to make ground mount travel enjoyable, I don't see any reason for them to remove the convenience of flying. Flying mounts just remove the annoyance of a world that frankly is more annoying than enjoyable to travel around the more you travel it.

The game is supposed to be somewhat hard, were you expecting flat terrain with mobs along the way to get to that rare or big baddy you have to kill at the end of a questline??
23/08/2018 17:37Posted by Aylmeric
23/08/2018 16:42Posted by Mussy
And also the most important issue for me is that flying totally breaks immersion.

Can people please stop using Immersion as an excuse for no flying.

If immersion means that much to you, you will not fly when it is available.

Nope, because it's one of the most important and best arguements.
Pointless arguing with the inevitable. We will fly again.
23/08/2018 19:05Posted by Mussy

I'm not sure how you can argue it breaks immersion. Flying mounts entirely belong in the game and they are part of the world. The selfie camera breaks immersion, flying mounts do not.

You do realize that immersion is completely subjective and that people who enjoy flying can also enjoy it for immersion right?
23/08/2018 18:10Posted by Jurgenhan
23/08/2018 18:07Posted by Stormreave

The game is supposed to be somewhat hard, were you expecting flat terrain with mobs along the way to get to that rare or big baddy you have to kill at the end of a questline??

Flat terrain? So Vanilla and early TBC, when flying either wasn't around or much of an issue?
23/08/2018 18:10Posted by Jurgenhan

There's a difference between inconvenient and challenging. Having to carefully fight through mobs to get to the one of you want can be a challenge. Having to take the same path that wastes 40 seconds to get down the hill your flight path lands on is neither a challenge nor interesting. Finding a hidden passage up to a specific area can be interesting the first time you do it, but when you keep having a world quest to take you up that path it just becomes mundane and inconvenient.

The idea of not having flying at all would carry more weight if the ground zones and the flight paths weren't so pointlessly annoying.
23/08/2018 16:49Posted by Ãve
dont want flying? dont use it.

It really is that simple
23/08/2018 19:19Posted by Repentia

I'm not sure how you can argue it breaks immersion. Flying mounts entirely belong in the game and they are part of the world. The selfie camera breaks immersion, flying mounts do not.

Even the Devs said they regret adding flying, and flying will destroy bounty oh you got bounty... Fly away to avoid losing it.
23/08/2018 17:01Posted by Mussy
23/08/2018 16:58Posted by Lilîith

pls go ...... yourself.

those zones are borderly unplayable now without a flying

if anything blizzard should bring back flying right now before people stop doin dailies due to how much time they are wasting on moving around

I think you are alone on this opinion, and instead of claiming it is an objective opinion, state as your own issue. An issue that doesn't concern me or the rest of the community.

So you are allowed to state your opinion but someone who doesn't agree with you isn't allowed to state theirs?

That's nice. Really friendly like...
23/08/2018 21:37Posted by Blobby
<span class="truncated">...</span>I'm not sure how you can argue it breaks immersion. Flying mounts entirely belong in the game and they are part of the world. The selfie camera breaks immersion, flying mounts do not.

Even the Devs said they regret adding flying, and flying will destroy bounty oh you got bounty... Fly away to avoid losing it.
That's got nothing to do with immersion. Also bounty is useless if you're flying.
Flying will never be removed as they are pretty much locked into it. If they removed flying forever for expansions I and many other people would be super pissed. Because we have a lot of mounts we love and want to use. And after a year you are freaking tired of riding everywhere and you just want to do the WQs fast. Same with leveling a lot of alts.

And the option to use flying mounts is entirely optional anyways.

If flying breaks immersion, & immersion is one of the best & most important arguments, then why have you BOUGHT not one but two FLYING mounts from the game shop?

Hypocrite much?
Immersion, really?

I find 40 mammoths way more taxing for my suspension of disbelief, than the invincable in the sky above me that I am not even looking at or noticing when I ride on the ground -.-
I can't wait to fly and have the freedom to explore from the skies.

You can be immersed and fly. I certainly am. When using flightpaths I just do other things xD