Absurdly long dungeon queues in BFA

General
Like the title says, BFA dungeon queues, no matter if it's random or specific, usually take about an hour. This seems highly unusual for expansion launches. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug, or is there some other explanation? I'm on Chamber of Aspects - EU if that helps
Most players are playing DPS. Queue times are a lot better for Tanks and Healers because of this.
When legion dropped, as dps it was taking 5-10 mins. It's now taking me 1 hour - 2 hours. Tarren Mill EU
14/08/2018 18:55Posted by Noodlyninja
When legion dropped, as dps it was taking 5-10 mins. It's now taking me 1 hour - 2 hours. Tarren Mill EU

Based on this anecdote I have come to the conclusion Blizzard is making us wait longer for the lulz.
People are busy levelling in the most story dense and engaging zones to date. There is no reason to do dungs while levelling, other than seeing the story. The experience gain isn't worth it and the gear is disposable crap until you hit cap.
2h in queue and still waiting as warlock, it's sick.

Blizzard please, make functional spec for every classes whom can only be a DPS (hunter/lock/mage/rogue)
e.g
Mage tank=Spellbreaker
Warlock healer=Sphoner/Necromancer
Hunter tank=Survival
Rogue tank=Bladedancer
I don't understand why people are surprised by this, the game hasn't even been out for 48 hours - a very small minority of players are 120. Let the majority of the players get to 120 first!
15/08/2018 15:17Posted by Drakathos
I don't understand why people are surprised by this, the game hasn't even been out for 48 hours - a very small minority of players are 120. Let the majority of the players get to 120 first!

the funny thing this topic existed in legion too some people never learn :P
ques for hc dungeons are between 5-10 minutes for dps :)

so just get to endgame :)
14/08/2018 19:11Posted by Leìsha
People are busy levelling in the most story dense and engaging zones to date. There is no reason to do dungs while levelling, other than seeing the story. The experience gain isn't worth it and the gear is disposable crap until you hit cap.

Agreed. I've done Shrine of the Storm and Waycrest Manor once each, just to see how the story with those 2 zones concluded. When you consider the fact that we are going to be running those dungeons as Mythic+ for the next year at least, I see no reason to spam them now when I don't have to.
Dungeon xp is better than questing, but you need to do the quests anyhow so no point really.

But you can try queuing as healer. The healing requirement for normal is quite low so you can prob do it even if you don't have ui set up for that.
Tell tank to take it slow or something.
too many braindead players in LFD. no one wants to tank or heal for a random group.
Because people are playing the main content right now, which is the questlines. If you want to blast theough until 120 be my guest. Just don't come back 10 hours later whining there's nothing to do, and ESPECIALLY don't come back in a few patches time whining about requirements for flying.
15/08/2018 14:55Posted by Bestia
2h in queue and still waiting as warlock, it's sick.

Blizzard please, make functional spec for every classes whom can only be a DPS (hunter/lock/mage/rogue)
e.g
Mage tank=Spellbreaker
Warlock healer=Sphoner/Necromancer
Hunter tank=Survival
Rogue tank=Bladedancer

Blizz: If you wait 5 min. we will have that ready for you - not.
Becuase dungeons are pointless, why would people queue up for them?
To be fair i am a bit suspicious this being a bug.. as, if you queue for a specific dungeon, queue pops in like 4 min (dps), yet as random is 2 hours in deed.. that's odd isn't it..
15/08/2018 15:25Posted by Lilîith
ques for hc dungeons are between 5-10 minutes for dps :)

so just get to endgame :)
difficult if you can't get in normal dungeons...... kinda have to progress through and if you are halted at the first step its gonna be hard to take the next
14/08/2018 18:49Posted by Ivy
Most players are playing DPS. Queue times are a lot better for Tanks and Healers because of this.

I queued for 40 mins as tank... Then I gave up and queued for dps took me 16 mins.

Maybe there is something wrong.
Even more aggravating when the quest chains (ie. Pride of Kul Tiras) force you to go into dungeons so at this point, I have no choice but to wait ~2 hrs plus trying to get into Waycrest Manor
As a tank my queue times are instant. I once had to wait 1 minute and that felt like forever but that was a one off.