We ARe just want xp mode

General
25/08/2018 08:59Posted by Museki
Why would I fight them?

I just want the bonus.

As do they.

Quite simple really, most of the people in warmode just want the 10% bonus :)

Maybe disable the 10% buff and offer a PvP reward instead.

Simple as that.

1000 honor kills in WPvP = Pet / Mog etc.

10% honor point buff etc.

False post.

Most people I met in warmode are there to kill opposite faction players.
25/08/2018 08:54Posted by Blackblades
Alliance always fight me, when they outnumber me at least 3-1.

I'm experiencing it from the horde side, they wave for me and play nice, when it's 1v1 or sometimes even 1v2 for them, but when it's a 1v2 with a healer or 1v3 the exact same people turn into mindless attack machines...
Sounds like a bad player who is too scared to fight and only attacks someone that i already in a fight ;^)

classic horde
There is a very easy solution for that. You attack a hordie/ally, then you'll see how everything blows up. Pretty much like pub scenes on movies where one single person starts a whole fight.

There is already a reward in these situations. You have the assassin feature which appears when someone has killed enough opponents.
Found another solution.
When there is enemy faction in the quest area the area becomes something like 'contested territory' - blocked for a quest until only one faction left. So PvE players will have more choice:
1) To fight
2) To stop doping a sweet sweet quest
3) TO switch the WAR mode off

Everyone is happy
25/08/2018 09:05Posted by Naeya
25/08/2018 08:57Posted by Blackblades
I think they should remove the standard 10% bonus for activating warmode, and then give the player 10% buff for each player they kill, upto 50%. You lose the buff on dying.

Then people have reason to fight.

This is actually a great idea - aside from the fact it still caters to the wrong audience (PVErs who want an exp boost).

PVP ought to be its own reward but apparently that isn't enough - kinda what you get when the gameplay is tripe.

Well, the most permanent thing you can get throughout the expansion is atually your neck lvl. The most efficient way to get azerite is doing WQ, that gives it.
In warmode you actually increase the efficiency of the most effective way of gaining the most permanent thing in the entire game and you wonder why are there people ignoring PvP in warmode?
You can go to random HC, the entire thing gives 120+50 azerite (30x4 from bosses and 50 from the random bonus). That's 170. It takes sometimes even a half hour, because there are still so muh idiots ignoring important tactics and then wiping a damn HC boss encounter.
And then you get the same to double for a 5-10 min WQ, that are stacked in a hub ofthen with multipple of them and travel time is already calculated into the 10 min version.
Even island expedition HC, that gives purely azerite gives only 225 for like 10-20 min being a run with randoms.
Some elit quests gives with bonus 10% close to 400 azerite and you can zerg it down in like 20 sec by quickjoining a random group already there.
And you still wonder why are there PvP ignoring warmode players?

The only bonus you can get from focused enem faction killing is a title, after that, you'll just going to be marked for kill and be slowed down in your azerite and reputation farming. That 15% damage and heal hardly compensates for anything, when you're raided down at any moment by the enemy faction for your sack of goodies and 100 honor.
25/08/2018 11:56Posted by Мохнатыйбуёк
Found another solution.
When there is enemy faction in the quest area the area becomes something like 'contested territory' - blocked for a quest until only one faction left. So PvE players will have more choice:
1) To fight

Everyone is happy
its a nice idea, except...
what do you do when a couple of rouges are just sneaking about? not fighting but just preventing everyone to do quests just for the lols.
If I did every single WQ available right now, I would get roughly 2800 AP. That means I'm only getting 280 AP from the bonus. That's one expedition. So if people hate PvP so much, just do the WQs in PvE mode and do an Expedition to make up for the bonus. You know, doing the activities you enjoy, rather than whining about the activities you don't enjoy.
25/08/2018 11:38Posted by Repentia
I get better arguments out of my pet cat

Understandable - he's at your level.
25/08/2018 09:11Posted by Museki
25/08/2018 09:10Posted by Repentia
...It ought to be, but blizzard decided they don't want carebears running around, risk free single player mode anymore. They did this to encourage those players to try something outside of their comfort zone. It's a huge success.
Huge failure, if nobody's PvPing like OP said :)

People do PvP, but ony after they quickly finish their 2-3 hour WQ grind and daily random HC for max gear+azerite+repu efficiency, ather these are finished and they still have the time and energy, they do PvP... the problem is, that there are just too much things to do in order to stay competitive and you barely have some extra time to use your hard worked advantage to have some fun.
If you don't farm constatnly to be on the top, then even now, if you're in only ilvl 310-320, you'll be fked by 340+ people, whether you like to PvP or not. 25-30 ilvl is a realy huge advantage, at least 30% power gap or even more in both damage output and survivability.
And we haven't mentioned the insane class imbalances in 1v1 situations OR in outdoor situations, like casters having easy mode kills on mele, when on hard to access highground or druids, shamans having combat mount to kite down anyone having lower mobility or demon hunters if in big !@#$, just jumping down from some highground and leave combat... rogues CoS Vanish.
Most classes if ended up PvPing, the fight is either a onesided massacre or even if one side can kill the other, the other has an ultimate way of escape without the other having any way to prevent it.
I personally avoid any PvP until it is neccecery or am bored, because it's not that enjoyable as tank, but if I go unholy, then a rogue can burst me down in stunlock and cos-vanish to wait for bleeds to do their thing, hunters playing paladin and in that 10 sec immun, their pet kills me practically from 70-80%
Demon Hunter dps actually heals more than I heal myself in blood, wtf?

So the main source of avoiding PvP in warmode is that it is hardly enjoyable in most cases. (Also dying in some places are just don't worth the risk, because spirit healers are scarce and you might have to walk half of a zone back to track your corpse back to the top of a mountain or something.)

When Warmode PvP happens it's just a random bounch of people outnumbering the other faction and after a certain ammount of time they either disband the group of boredom, because no counteract from opposing faction or they get their 10-20 man raid massacred by 2-3 40 man raids... yeah, that's all good things to spend time with, but only after finishing the endless farming :)
25/08/2018 12:15Posted by Naeya
25/08/2018 11:38Posted by Repentia
I get better arguments out of my pet cat

Still vastly higher than yours.
Well i don't attack horde players that are fighting something. I only attack ppl that attack me , why should i play like a pussy ? Also whenever i see a fellow aliance player getting attack i help him asap.
25/08/2018 12:21Posted by Repentia
25/08/2018 12:15Posted by Naeya
Still vastly higher than yours.

Rest assured dear, yours is the biggest and don't let any mean person tell you otherwise.
25/08/2018 11:57Posted by Melthor
Well, the most permanent thing you can get throughout the expansion is atually your neck lvl. The most efficient way to get azerite is doing WQ, that gives it.
In warmode you actually increase the efficiency of the most effective way of gaining the most permanent thing in the entire game and you wonder why are there people ignoring PvP in warmode?

Fallacious reasoning.

1) there is a weekly catch-up mechanic in place, similar to the legion artifact research levels. In a few weeks time, what you grind your @ss off for now is 1-2 world quests. You can at most get a bit ahead (3-4 levels at most). At the moment, the highest HoA levels in the world are 21. I got almost 18 by doing emissary, a few world quests each day, a few heroic dungeons and the weekly island thingy, all while leveling another 2 characters to 120.

2) even if the wqs would be the most efficient AP gain, which they are not, the island expedition weekly is, but even if, you can still complete them faster without warmode than with. You can use the spare time you won to do another azerite gaining activity, for example an island expedition or two, and net the same azerite gain by replacing something that is unfun for you as a pve player (world pvp) and with something that is what you like (slaying mobs).

3) The simple fact you people come over to the forums to moan about it shows a simple thing: you don't actually care about time efficiency. If you did, the time you spend arguing pointlessly on forums would net you a hefty azerite increase. This only leaves one thing: salty about other people getting stuff from activities you don't want to do. So stop being salty about that, it saps the fun out of the game for you for no good reason.
25/08/2018 10:05Posted by Ameelia
25/08/2018 09:56Posted by Repentia
What I think is funny is that carebears want the bonus removed completely so they don't feel forced to use WM. Don't they realise that by removing the 10% bonus, it's the same as playing with WM off? So just play with WM off...

That's not the issue for them though, the issue is that other players (specifically PvPers) might be receiving benefits which they are not. Their attitude is 'if I can't have it, no one should'. It's very selfish and typical of the snoflake PvE community.

There's a deeper issue here, it's not about PvPes getting a bonus, 10% it's about an entire faction getting 10%. The way the faction imbalance is going, look to the number off alliance on this forum turning their WM off because they are constantly outnumbered and cant get anything done, let alone benefit from the 10%. Pretty soon it will get to the point that Horde PvEers can go perma Warmode, because there's absolutely zero risk. And that, has the potential to effect the World-first race,(even more than horde racials already do).

This has too much truth in it :/
25/08/2018 12:06Posted by Pivke
25/08/2018 11:56Posted by Мохнатыйбуёк
Found another solution.
1) To fight

Everyone is happy
its a nice idea, except...
what do you do when a couple of rouges are just sneaking about? not fighting but just preventing everyone to do quests just for the lols.

Lesser issue and manageable.
I would gladly do more PvP if it was not so boring in 1v1
Compared to other Xpacs and pvp servers of old I'd say i've seen more active pvp going on in warmode since freaking Tarren mill.

Nothing new that people ignore each other if they want the Wquest done and the "Killnpc" ones actually can entice people to attack since the npc is tagged by the other faction.

Seen and done it on multiple occasions.
25/08/2018 12:24Posted by Redoctober
25/08/2018 11:57Posted by Melthor

Fallacious reasoning.

1) there is a weekly catch-up mechanic in place, similar to the legion artifact research levels. In a few weeks time, what you grind your @ss off for now is 1-2 world quests. You can at most get a bit ahead (3-4 levels at most). At the moment, the highest HoA levels in the world are 21. I got almost 18 by doing emissary, a few world quests each day, a few heroic dungeons and the weekly island thingy, all while leveling another 2 characters to 120.

2) even if the wqs would be the most efficient AP gain, which they are not, the island expedition weekly is, but even if, you can still complete them faster without warmode than with. You can use the spare time you won to do another azerite gaining activity, for example an island expedition or two, and net the same azerite gain by replacing something that is unfun for you as a pve player (world pvp) and with something that is what you like (slaying mobs).

3) The simple fact you people come over to the forums to moan about it shows a simple thing: you don't actually care about time efficiency. If you did, the time you spend arguing pointlessly on forums would net you a hefty azerite increase. This only leaves one thing: salty about other people getting stuff from activities you don't want to do. So stop being salty about that, it saps the fun out of the game for you for no good reason.

I love to play in Warmode, I just wrote down my reasoning, why people in warmode actively avoid PvP.
The problem currently is much more complicated, but I thought I write down, what I think the reason behind some activity (or the lack of it) is.

Someone wrote, that it's a cristmass present for those, who like World PvP, I like it. I wrote down a lot of frustrating facts about it, but regardless of them, I like WPvP. I think about that 10% bonus as super bonus for doing what I like (WPvP) when the situation makes it possible and always getting a bonus for farming.

For the weekly island expediton, your argument is invalid, we're talking about DAILY activities, which has nothing to do with WEEKLY activities, you can't farm weekly island exp bonus 3 times a day, but you get a new set of WQs every 12 hours with 24 hour duration.
With my lvl 19 neck at 50% with my playtime and time I've enjoyed the game and did what I like to do in the game too other than farming I think my reasoning has facts behind it. I haven't spent my time mindlessly scratching every bit of azerite from island expedition farm, but I'm still in quite a good shape with only roughly 5-7 hours avarage a day or even less nowdays.
So you want me to go to the city and turn my warmode on/off every time I'm gonna do World quest? Sometimes I'm in the mood for World pvp and I will start fights. Sometimes I just want to do my World Quest. But I'm not gonna go to the city to turn it off/on every time.