Reached HoA lvl 20

General
now I need 38k AP to level up.
That's 190 world quests (which grant AP) at an average of 200 per as a reward.
My head already hurts - I can only stomache so many island expeditions. They are fun, but ouchy.
AFAIK its will be lowered with 30% per week.. Not sure if this is 100% correct so dont quote me on this. =)
That's what you get for going way above the Blizzard intended level this early of expansion. There's proper catch-up system in place which actually makes it stupid to grind AP all day.
Why bother grinding so much?

They're lowering the requirements starting from reset.
25/08/2018 20:41Posted by Sonrange
That's what you get for going way above the Blizzard intended level this early of expansion. There's proper catch-up system in place which actually makes it stupid to grind AP all day.

"ha! that's what you get for playing more than lazy people, they need to be considered too! Stop getting ahead dude! You gotta wait for the others!"

Wut?
I didn't even grind. I got server second and been playing one character ever since, and not leveling other characters like everyone else. with a bit of effort, 20 is easy.
Most raiders (and some non raiders) are grinding the reputation so it's not like it's unreasonable to hit level 20. Though I'm not quite there yet myself I'm two thirds of the way into 19.
"Over time, the Heart of Azeroth gets more attuned to the energies of the planet and so it takes less Artifact Power to level up. This is planned to start with the next reset. " - aka why bother doing anything at the start of the expansion.
25/08/2018 20:45Posted by Ulran
"Over time, the Heart of Azeroth gets more attuned to the energies of the planet and so it takes less Artifact Power to level up. This is planned to start with the next reset. " - aka why bother doing anything at the start of the expansion.

Well damn excuse me for enjoying your game Blizzard. I won't do that anymore I guess.
25/08/2018 20:47Posted by Korgath
25/08/2018 20:45Posted by Ulran

Well damn excuse me for enjoying your game Blizzard. I won't do that anymore I guess.

Lesson learned, I hope? Playing for more than 2h a day is a complete and utter waste of time.
I'm half way through 18
25/08/2018 20:44Posted by Punyelf
Most raiders (and some non raiders) are grinding the reputation so it's not like it's unreasonable to hit level 20. Though I'm not quite there yet myself I'm two thirds of the way into 19.

That's only if you actually are bored enough to clear all maps every day. I rather get another alt up than kill my entire interest in this game for grinding mindless WQ every day. Only ones worthy of clearing daily are Champions of Azeroth and Tortollan seekers.
25/08/2018 21:00Posted by Sonrange

That's only if you actually are bored enough to clear all maps every day. I rather get another alt up than kill my entire interest in this game for grinding mindless WQ every day. Only ones worthy of clearing daily are Champions of Azeroth and Tortollan seekers.

I have too much to do on my main to consider an alt atm. And I clear the map two or three times a day. So do guildies and still level alts. I just rather do other things on my main with that time.
25/08/2018 20:57Posted by Jandi
25/08/2018 20:47Posted by Korgath

Lesson learned, I hope? Playing for more than 2h a day is a complete and utter waste of time.

Who are you to judge how someone wants to spend their time.

The great thing about this game is people can play it how they want. Doesn't require any judgemental cockwombles to say who plays too much or too little.
25/08/2018 21:00Posted by Sonrange

What garbage logic this is. Leveling an alt so you can do world quests on two characters and burn out even faster? You need to rethink what you are doing rofl
Ofc, people jump on me when I say that its just most boring thing ever to grind WQ all day... Some people like that !@#$, fine. I hate grinding WQ, and with my alts, only thing I intend to do is get emissary done.

Do I ignore WQ's completely? No. But I rather play something else if all I have to do in wow is farm WQ's. Sadly there's reputation gating in main story (war campaign), so I had do as much 7th legion stuff as I could.