when is disc getting nerfed?

General
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
20/08/2018 16:42Posted by Imamlegend
Blizzard has ruined the entire game.
https://clips.twitch.tv/TameWiseJaguarUWot
you dont even have 1 achievment point...
No thanks, I like my disco priest the way he is Xx
20/08/2018 16:46Posted by Chubsterio
20/08/2018 16:42Posted by Imamlegend
Blizzard has ruined the entire game.
https://clips.twitch.tv/TameWiseJaguarUWot
you dont even have 1 achievment point...

Played since 2005.
My alts,

Go ahead
20/08/2018 16:09Posted by Nosinna
Why should a dps be able to solo a healer?
Why should a healer be able to solo a DPS?
20/08/2018 16:11Posted by Bún
20/08/2018 16:09Posted by Salmira
Why not?

Why though?

Because dps should have a chance on killing them not just hitting buttons barely making a dent.
20/08/2018 16:57Posted by Ishayu
Why should a healer be able to solo a DPS?
you hit the nail on the head
20/08/2018 16:45Posted by Redoctober
20/08/2018 16:12Posted by Morra
So a dps wouldn't feel inferior for picking a dps.

Better make healers feel inferior for picking a healer, after all they are all over the place eh?

I would also make healers to sit in an artificial queue everytime they queue for a dungeon. Just to discourage them even more. Sure it'd affect other roles short term, but in a long run less healers, better game for everyone.
I admit that finding a disc priest in the world is like the worst thing that can happen to you, you'll die a slow and miserable death while hopelessly trying to dent him.
Or in case you also have self heal, it's a battle until someone else come over or you just both die of old age.
Their survavibility in the open world should be reduced a bit, but just a bit, that's just insane.

because playing bad should get punished?
Disc Priest master race

bow down to your overlords
I don't think it will get nerfed.

The spec is strong in 1v1, but if PvP was balanced around 1v1, then Rogues would never have been created.
Discipline will probably also be very strong in Arenas, but that's really business as usual. Its toolkit just fits really well with certain comps.

Beyond that, the spec really isn't very strong. I'd even argue that for healing in Battlegrounds, Dungeons, or Raids (soon to come), the spec is in need of buffs. It kind of struggles to deal with reactive situations where you just need to spam AoE healing - and that's a lot of situations.

So I don't think it'll get nerfed. For one because I don't think the "offensive healer" is a niché that should be nerfed. If anything, it's sort of the DNA of a Discipline Priest. And then as said, the spec has some weaknesses in most other aspects of the game where it would really suffer if it was to be nerfed because of 1v1 Warmode concerns.
I think everyone is missing the true threat..... holy paladin
No way should healer win 1 vs 1 against dps. But i have seen 4 people on one priest and he was mugging them all right off xD
20/08/2018 19:25Posted by Noodlyninja
No way should healer win 1 vs 1 against dps.

why though? a dps can not heal themselves, which puts them in danger. this is why you should not pull in dungeons or raids. or even pulling a pack of mobs in open world.

a healer, like disc has limited dps spells and rest heals. so yea, using logic here, a healer will outbeat a dps and a pack of mobs.
No way should healer win 1 vs 1 against dps. But i have seen 4 people on one priest and he was mugging them all right off xD

And I've seen a pink elephant on a green cloud....
But i have seen 4 people on one priest and he was mugging them all right off xD

No, what you witnessed would have been 4 n00bs facerolling their keyboard and going: "Me smash!"

Any time there's 4 people there's also a double-digit amount of crowd control available. If those 4 people fail to kill anything with that, then take a moment to reflect why that might be.
20/08/2018 19:31Posted by Naylana

And I've seen a pink elephant on a green cloud....

Not really, theres no reason a competant disc can't live against 4 plebs for a decent while.

Somebody summed the situation up in a very articulate way in the priest forums and I cba to rehash it. They do need to be made slightly more "killable" imo.
20/08/2018 17:07Posted by Morra
20/08/2018 16:45Posted by Redoctober

Better make healers feel inferior for picking a healer, after all they are all over the place eh?

I would also make healers to sit in an artificial queue everytime they queue for a dungeon. Just to discourage them even more. Sure it'd affect other roles short term, but in a long run less healers, better game for everyone.

i m really sorry for what i m about to say but that s about the dumbest thing i ve read in these forums

So if a healer is unkillable and kill the dps without effort thats alright?
20/08/2018 19:41Posted by Bitterborn

So if a healer is unkillable and kill the dps without effort thats alright?

you make it sound like a healer is a rogue c.c

all healers should take down a dps with ease. it's tanks they need to worry about. that takes forever