Nightborn

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
Hey guys.

I just re-subbed after a 3 year break.
Loving the new areas, the graphics look very nice for such an ageing game!

Anyway, on to the question. My main goal coming back to the game was to unlock the Nightborn class. I have been doing all the quests and now am in the daily grind for rep. I read somewhere you need to do a raid ( the Emerald Nightmare) in order to eventually unlock the class? Is this still true?

The answer to this question will have a big bearing on my plans to continue playing the game, so hopefully you do not need to do this raid.

Many thanks in advance.
31/08/2018 13:59Posted by Sumire
I read somewhere you need to do a raid ( the Emerald Nightmare) in order to eventually unlock the class? Is this still true?

you need to jump on to LFR and Emerald Nightmares Rift of Aln the very last boss wing
a Xavius kill is needed to move onto the achievement Insurrection when i got them unlocked.
31/08/2018 15:13Posted by Michonéé
31/08/2018 13:59Posted by Sumire
I read somewhere you need to do a raid ( the Emerald Nightmare) in order to eventually unlock the class? Is this still true?

you need to jump on to LFR and Emerald Nightmares Rift of Aln the very last boss wing
a Xavius kill is needed to move onto the achievement Insurrection when i got them unlocked.

Thanks for the reply. When I look for the raid it is not listed. Do I need a certain gear score, I think I am currently at 300? it says it next to my character.
I’m not sure u can still access it through u may need to grab a friend or something and run through it on normal.

It shouldn’t be too difficult not sure if it’s at a soloable level yet though
Yeah, pretty much nobody will be doing Emerald Nightmare on LFR now, and if you can't see it listed, you have maybe levelled above 110?, in which case you can't do it on LFR anymore.

Look in Group Finder for Emerald Nightmare groups. I'm starting to see some life in Legion raid groups forming in Group Finder now, and there will be more in a few weeks, I'm sure.
You need lvl 110.

You can solo the raid now
Ok, thanks guys.
Hey Sumire :)

As Gráinne rightly pointed out, it may currently not be possible for you to queue up for the LFR version of Emerald Nightmare, depending on your character's level.

You could, however, join one of the many high-level groups that are currently facing Emerald Nightmare in other difficulties to unlock wardrobe appearances.

If your character is presently level 111 or above, you will be able to do that by opening up the Group Finder tool (default key I), selecting "Premade Groups" and, lastly, "Raids - Legacy".

Level 110 characters, on the other hand, would find these groups under the "Raids - Legion" section :)

Good luck!
The raid is soloable, did it yesterday on normal difficulty, 10 man, as enhancement at 336 ilevel, but I completed it before so I could just skip the 4 bosses after Valithria. Ursoc was a bit too much, his damage stacks up so I was unable to kill him. Might be possible on LFR difficulty though, but I have no clue where to queue up for LFR :)
If you still need to do it later this week (I'm saved now) I'd be happy to take you along on an evening, drop me a /w ingame (Zaelrath-ArgentDawn)

By the way, there's two parts to unlocking the Nightborne, first you'll need to complete the achievement Nightfallen But Not Forgotten, the quest The Stuff of Dreams is part of that, in which you need to kill Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare.
After that, you'll need to continue in order to get the achievement Insurrection, a long questline in which you'll encounter a quest to kill Gul'dan in the Nighthold, but this is an optional quest, and you don't need to kill him in order to unlock the Nightborne as an Allied Race.

Update 5/9: From the patch notes: The Nightfallen quest “ The Emerald Nightmare: The Stuff of Dreams” no longer requires defeating Xavius in Emerald Nightmare.
Guess you're good to go on :)