Can we please speed up leveling from 1-90 again...

General
31/08/2018 08:25Posted by Raljin
No, they made it longer to let ppl see the storylines of old content.
Also the allied races armor feel more rewarding this way.

i have leveled up through pre and post cataclysm vanilla well over 10 times.

i have all classes at 110 except druid, and i have 2 110 warlocks, demon hunters and death knights.

i have already seen all the damn quests, i dont want to be forcefed them again if i want to level up a druid.

buffing the hairloom exp bonus gives us the option to level fast if we dont care about the story.
31/08/2018 08:26Posted by Voerman
31/08/2018 08:22Posted by Fhaerris
Blizzard you are smart, please figure this out. :)

But see they already did. For lazy arses like you there's something called "character boost". You even get one for free with the new expansion.

Stick to the thread please, no need for random insults.
31/08/2018 10:05Posted by Qaren
31/08/2018 10:02Posted by Winterchillz
That's some totally wrong examples there and please keep the "buy a boost" advice to yourself.
No that's my opinion and I'm perfectly fine to express it if I want to. I'm all for making the XP required to level up a bit shorter if people with more alts than me want it. Fine, doesn't affect me. I don't think you're ever going to see a "Make a max level toon, get the rest leveled for free" option. Ain't gonna happen.

No one is asking for that.
I understand the changes and why they were made, but i still think people that have max level toons already should be able to level faster. I am not saying to take the fun away from the ones that whish to level slower.
That i why i am asking to buff looms. "only EXP gained" not stats.
31/08/2018 10:10Posted by Chukky
yes make the game more easy then it already is ... leveling used to take months >< now its a few days ... really you think your having a hard long time now ? ...

It never took months, i am playing since 2005 and it never took months not back than not now. Sure it took a longer time compare to now, then again back than it was only 60 levels that we needed.
31/08/2018 10:48Posted by Fhaerris
No one is asking for that.
I understand the changes and why they were made, but i still think people that have max level toons already should be able to level faster. I am not saying to take the fun away from the ones that whish to level slower.
That i why i am asking to buff looms. "only EXP gained" not stats.
Again, I'm all for making the leveling process faster if it's too slow. Okay? Now then. Someone wrote that "newcomers might want to see the new content, they don't care about the old" or somesuch and that's what I'm reacting to. That shiz sounds like a fast forward button to me and I'm not for those.
31/08/2018 10:54Posted by Qaren
Now then. Someone wrote that "newcomers might want to see the new content, they don't care about the old" or somesuch and that's what I'm reacting to. That shiz sounds like a fast forward button to me and I'm not for those.

agreed .
Leveling up a dark iron dwarf, Having to mostly quest, I've already spent tens of hours through constant questing and dungeons, and I've only reached 47, The only thing that's motivating me to level now is, watching that sexy dark iron dwarf call upon the elementals, and the heritage armor which awaits me.
Let me pull the bag of forum replies:

"Don't be entitled"
"You should experience the game"
"What's the rush"
"Back in my days"

The common point between all of those is that they rely on:
a) Never playing the game before (or after cata)
b) Not doing alts since WoD (since Legion was the major pruning)
c) Not realizing that the game is a lot more lackluster in the leveling department.
I just subbed again after I stopped shortly before the leveling revamp and I'm shocked by how slow it is now.(I started leveling a new character with a friend.)
I actually would level without heirlooms from time to time to experience the quests but now leveling with heirlooms actually feels slower than leveling without used to. It's absurd
Current levelling is an unrewarding slog, and for those of us that have experienced the zones, and played through the story lines numerous times, makes it a mind numbing experience.

Heirlooms were originally introduced as a method to speed up levelling as an option for those who wanted to speed the process up. I have suggested and still do that Blizz buffs the XP on heirloom gear in order to give players the option of speeding the process up. Note, I am not in favour of 1 hit mobs, Nor do I want joke game play, I just don't want to spend my precious and limited game time in dated and exhausted content.

The good thing about the heirloom option is that if you don't want a faster levelling experience, you simply don't wear them. And, for those that do choose to wear them, then they do so in the knowledge that it has no effect on anyone else's gameplay. it is for me a reasonable and easy solution to the issue - I can't think of any drawbacks, and I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be implemented.
31/08/2018 15:00Posted by Kegsworth
Current levelling is an unrewarding slog, and for those of us that have experienced the zones, and played through the story lines numerous times, makes it a mind numbing experience.

Heirlooms were originally introduced as a method to speed up levelling as an option for those who wanted to speed the process up. I have suggested and still do that Blizz buffs the XP on heirloom gear in order to give players the option of speeding the process up. Note, I am not in favour of 1 hit mobs, Nor do I want joke game play, I just don't want to spend my precious and limited game time in dated and exhausted content.

The good thing about the heirloom option is that if you don't want a faster levelling experience, you simply don't wear them. And, for those that do choose to wear them, then they do so in the knowledge that it has no effect on anyone else's gameplay. it is for me a reasonable and easy solution to the issue - I can't think of any drawbacks, and I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be implemented.

Saying it better than i could
Why not give an option for scaling or for no scaling , ya'know the real game of Warcraft with actual progression. What would be real amusing to monitor is how many of these scaling defenders would opt for no scaling whilst levelling. Thing about no scaling is that it gives a player options on mob strength to fight, both high and low. I recall often punching way above my weight with reds at times just to boost my XP. I also often outlevelled so I could do group quests and be better skilled to take on certain zones. Don't need to now... every mob in the game is mellow yellow and easy peasy to kill. [ yawn ]