Need help assembling a team for World Quests

Pet Battles
Hey guys, I have never played pet battles before, I don't even have a single lvl 25 pet. I want to get pathfinder asap and maybe use pet battles to make some side cash so I'm mainly looking at WQ pet battles and maybe some other lucrative pve (if you have any suggestions). PvP is not something I want to do. I already bought Anubisath Idol. Can you look through my collection and tell me just a few very basic team comps that I can start levelling right now? Maybe add a few battle pets that I could get easily today. I just want to start doing the World Quests as soon as possible. Thanks
See also this thread, for getting your pets to level.
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17623632232

A recent list I've been working on:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17725#p140434

I've actually been working on a suggested list for a new battler. It's NOT finished, but here are the current priority sections as I have them at the moment

Priority 1
Anubisath Idol
Chrominius
Clockwork Gnome
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P
Emperor Crab P/P
Ikky
Iron Starlette H/H, P/P, P/S
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Nexus Whelpling P/P
Rabbit / Spring Rabbit / any 357-speed rabbit S/S
Unborn Val'kyr
Zandalari Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher P/P, S/S, P/B

Priority 2
Darkmoon Tonk
Fel Flame H/H, H/S
Feline Familiar
Gilnean Raven/Crow
Grumpy
Hyjal Wisp
Infected Squirrel H/P
Kun-Lai Runt P/P, P/B
Leopard Tree Frog S/S
Mechanical Axebeak P/P, H/P
Mudshell Conch / Shimmershell Snail H/P
Nether Faerie Dragon S/S
Scourged Whelpling H/H
Stitched Pup
Teroclaw Hatchling
Yellow Moth P/P

Substititutions are missing, and I haven't nearly finished testing, but it's a pretty solid list of early pets to aim for.

People have been claiming that a braindead team of 3 Ikkys or 3 Anklerenders or 3 Falcosaurs will kill pretty much everything in BfA. I'm not sure, because I haven't tried, but BfA has been braindead easy so far, so I wouldn't be surprised.

If you want to make side cash today, spam Islands like they were the love of your life, and pray to RNG that you get a pet drop that you can sell quickly.

You can also do the WQ with level 1 pets - the tamer battles, though not the single-boss-pet battles like Jammer - scale to the level of your highest pet. Some people are saying that the battles are quicker and faster with level 1s. Of course, your pets will eventually level, and I don't know whether it's still so easy at level 8, so level 25 is the way to go.

People who make gold out of pets mostly do it by buying and selling pets between realms. Find a pet cheap on one realm; sell it in a better market. It takesa lot of build-up to get gold on various realms, and a lot of AH scanning, but there are tools like tUJ, Magpie at Xu-Fu's.
A lot of the fights feature aquatic pets, teroclaw hatchling nearly solos them.
I use three Stormborne Whelplings (well, two Nexus and one Stormborne) for almost every fight. Just chain Arcane Storm and Mana Surge, and abuse dragonkin racial as much as possible.

Only team that it doesn't work on is the one opposite of turtle base in Stormsong, on small island, with three mechanicals. That one you can solo with Crimson Lasher.

Exception are elite pets with ton of HP. On those I use Unborn Valkyr (Doom and dmg debuff), Ikky (Black Claw and Flock) and one of Falcosaurs with execute in case of need.
Since writing this, I did the Pet WQs yesterday and today with a team of

Ikky
Zandalari Anklerender P/B
Iron Starlette H/H

and I will continue using that team until I find a WQ I can't complete with it. Then I'll note it here. I don't necessarily expect to use these three in this order in exactly the expectd way, but I'll just use these three and see if there's anything that gives them problems.

This team hurts my conscience, but I will persevere For Science!

BfA has extremely easy world quests, AFAICS, and so far, these three have steamrolled everything.
03/09/2018 09:37Posted by Gráinne
Since writing this, I did the Pet WQs yesterday and today with a team of

Ikky
Zandalari Anklerender P/B
Iron Starlette H/H

and I will continue using that team until I find a WQ I can't complete with it. Then I'll note it here. I don't necessarily expect to use these three in this order in exactly the expectd way, but I'll just use these three and see if there's anything that gives them problems.

This team hurts my conscience, but I will persevere For Science!

BfA has extremely easy world quests, AFAICS, and so far, these three have steamrolled everything.

Yeah, they sound like pretty savage combo. I use something like this for Pandaria dailies to make them as fast as possible.
I used Blackfuse Bombling P/P, Twighlight Clutch Sister P/S and Hermit Crab S/S The only BfA world quest I couldn't do with that team (Though I do have one or two still to do) was the one set underwater with the Shark Trainer.

That team is also deadly in PvP With heavy AOE and a the fast Crab to finish the job. Probably one to consider if your starting from scratch as a team that could get you going competetively.
I said I'd post again if I couldn't beat a BfA battle with that team.

So far I easily steamrolled everything, except Captured Evil. I did beat that first time, but with a bit of bad RNG it could have gone differently. Two Elementals and a Magic is not a good match-up for my Iron Starlette. As it happened, I got the Magic pet below 1/3 of its health with Wind-Up and a couple of Powerballs, and then finished it off with another Wind-Up. If you have a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, this would be a good place to substitute that for the Starlette to make thins easier. Since it was a straight win, the streak is unbroken, but just a note that this one might require more than one try.

Oddly, Ikky finished off the Mind-Controlling Plants one solo, because Flock was already underway before the cooldown kicked in, so I never needed a second cast.
P.S for any newcomers following my team, the basic method is:

Ikky: Black Claw -> Flock (-> Savage Talon if the first opponent pet is still alive).
If the first opponent pet dies during Flock, you have a choice of applying Black Claw or Flock to the second opponent before you die.

Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher: Black Claw -> Hunting Party -> Leap.
If Ikky already applied Black Claw, you don't need to apply it again. If Ikky already applied Shattered Defenses from Flock, you might want to take advantage of that with Leap before you start your run. Depends.

Starlette: Wind-Up -> Supercharge -> Wind-Up.
If there is a barrier like Bubble or an avoidance move coming, do
Wind-Up -> Powerball (however many times) -> Supercharge -> Wind-Up.
Finish up if necessary with Wind-Up -> Wind-Up or Powerballs.

Not all battles will necessarily use this exact formula, but that's the default.

Comments on Breeds:

I'm using a P/B Anklerender just because. I'm pretty sure that a P/P or S/S would be at least as effective.

I'm using a H/H Starlette because it survives AoE in the back line better and because of the extra health when it resurrects after Failsafe. I think a P/P would probably be at least as good, though, because Wind-Up -> Wind-Up on its own without Supercharge is so much more effective.
Pet battle world quests in BFA are indeed very easy. They are so easy that I don't bother researching the counter-teams, I just go in, take a quick peek at the families, then retreat and cobble up the counter on the fly just based on what the families are.

It feels like they wanted to put some pet battles out but didn't have time to do anything particularly fancy so they just cobbled up random pets together and called it a day. There isn't much interest in doing content like this, frankly. It's just "come here and get a small reward for taking the time to travel". /meh
Mellinora, I'm disappointed in the battles as they are too.

However, I have faith that there is better to come.

Apparently, using level 1s trivialises the BfA battles anyhow, so it looks like they are offering an easy-mode on-ramp for new battlers. I can get behind that. (Now, if they'd do that for PvP .....)

They are presenting a pretty heavy grind as well for collectors. All that is the bread-and-butter stuff. After the brilliant Family achievements in Legion, I do believe they will pull out some interesting new content, maybe in 8.1. They are fiddling with things like stats and auras, though this hasn't had much effect yet, so I suspect they are going to use those changes later somehow. I hope. :)
Well, I've just come up against the first WQ in BfA that stumped my team.

Rogue Azerite. Tough. My team might have made it but for the Starlette being ineffective against Elementals, and these are some beefy Elementals.

I am just now thinking that a third Bleed & Stampede pet to replace the Starlette might have worked, but I can't go back and try now. Lots of RNG anyhow.

I actually did it with an S/S Slithershock Elver. Dodge, Deep Bite, Dive.
1. Keep Dodge on CD.
2. Use Dive on CD if you are not currently Dodged
3. Use Deep Bite otherwise
kills the first and either kills or gets close to killing the second, after which the third is an easy kill to finish.
Grainne, how did your team fare against chitara? That trilobite with a hefty shell that have to be shattered first.
Chitara was no problem. The multi-hits of Flock were perfect for working through that shell buff.

No real point in applying Black Claw up front, though, until the buff is gone.

For any other interested people, other Bleed & Stampede pets you might find useful are:

Blighted Squirrel H/P breed, with Woodchipper and Stampede. Very long lived with Crouch. Because it's Undead, you can guarantee to leave the enemy with 2 rounds of Shattered Defenses debuff if it's a biggie.

Infected Squirrwl H/P breed. Creeping Fungus and Stampede. Like the Blighted Squirrel, you can guarantee to leave the enemy with 2 rounds of Shattered Defenses, or you can do a double Corpse Explosion at the end as a finisher.

These two are great "trade" pets. If their Stampede works against an opponent, you can almost always "trade" your pet for theirs, since if they can't avoid the damage, they are pretty sure to be killed by the Stampede with the extra debuff.

Bleed and Stampede pets can be ineffective in a Sandstorm or if the opponent has a shell that protects for more than an individual hit, preventing Shattered Defenses, but Chitara's is not that kind of shell: you just need to score a number of hits on it to remove it, regardless of the size of hit.

Of course, any pet with Haunt going first will also have its Haunt damage doubled during the rounds with the debuff, and a Valk's big Curse of Doom will also hit for double damage from Shattered Defenses, if you have a real big health pool to take down. (Not against Chitara, because of the gimmick shell, but in general.)
08/09/2018 23:01Posted by Gráinne
I am just now thinking that a third Bleed & Stampede pet to replace the Starlette might have worked, but I can't go back and try now. Lots of RNG anyhow.

Yeah.

So Slithershock Elver destroys that battle, but if you wanted to keep the Ikky/Anklerender team going, I just did it again replacing the Starlette with Blighted Squirrel, with Woodchipper, Crouch, Stampede, and won very smoothly.