Nightborne and Teldrassil

Story
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next

Does it, when you have Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, Worgen and Pandaren, all races of vastly different beliefes and customs, in the same faction?

Fair point, I'd personally say yes in comparison to the horde, simply because you see more integration of both within the alliance, they have a centralized military and an actual king of the alliance, by default that makes them more centralized and integrated then the horde.

Actually; the Warchief of the Horde demands troops from her servitors, because that is what the factions in the Horde are to the Warchief. The Warchiefs will is law. There is no 2 ways around it. The Warchief is a dictator who rules all lands and factions under Horde-control. Wether he/she allows those lands to govern themselves is up to the individual Warchief. If Sylvanas decides Lor'themar Theron is no longer suited to rule Silvermoon and she wants to rule from there as the Horde's seat of power, there is literally nothing any Blood Elf or other race can do against it.

The Alliance on the otherhand; Yes they have a "King of the Alliance" who is called the High-King. But nonetheless he holds no obsolute power over any member of the Alliance; they still make up their own rules, their own lands. He or she cannot one day decide to flip the bird and rule from Ironforge, as they are a sovereign Kingdom where he holds no power. He asks for troops for certain military expeditions. If a Allied-state does not agree with said military expedition, they do not give him command over their military.

That blizzard fails to show the Horde for what it is and the Alliance for what it is, and instead decided to switch the roles of Warchief and High-King, is on them. But no there is no "King of the Alliance" as its just a Supreme Allied Commander like the NATO has one.

There is however a "King/Queen of the Horde" and its called Warchief and its basicly a military dictatorship.
08/09/2018 01:54Posted by Moridunum
there is no "King of the Alliance" as its just a Supreme Allied Commander like the NATO has one.

This is proven to be false since Anduin inherited that title.

P.S. what you just wrote makes sense, but frankly it's never shown in game since everyone has Anduin's back.
06/09/2018 20:27Posted by Araphant
Who else thinks we need more human paladins on the forums?

I dare say there is not enough of us :P who else can preach so eloquently about the glories of "Human Potential","The Light","God King Anduin/Greymane" (delete as applicable)
06/09/2018 21:59Posted by Mortheria
Most people miss the point tyrande is from surmar and many other night elves relatives are from there. Blizzard forgot that or golden has not a clue or the dev team its in the game and some surmar people also comment about relatives,

Its people like U, who forget that after War of the Ancients your precious NIGHT Elves banned all magic, want to cast spells = death / leave
After the Sundering, the night elves had outlawed arcane magic on the pain of death.

source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Night_elf
They hated Nightborne and Blood Elves for milenia and propably big part of them do this even now. The only logic way is Nightborne+BloodElves, becouse they are the same, they love magic, they cant live without it, while Night Elves choose to abandon magic (yes yes in cata they get mage class i know, but its only recent events in they long history)

The Ban was to prevent the Legion being able to return and not destroy Azeroth not for !@#$s and giggles. The NE's realised their mistakes with the Well and did not want a repeat of the world ending war with the demon's,a lesson the younger races would of done well to heed.

Also when it comes to following the Legion and blowing stuff up the Orcs are ahead in terms of magnitude- The Kaldorie blew up a continent. The Orcs first desecrated and then blew up their planet,the only race to do something similar were the Eredar and at least they got immeasurable power and the top seats at the cosmic table. What did the Orcs get, 2 failed invasions and refugee status on a world living in a desert crying about "muhh resources". Pathetic.
07/09/2018 11:21Posted by Erevien
So this has become another human/alliance circle jerk fest thread. Alright, out of the door it is then. *grabs his Nightborne pals and sets off to burn Kul Tiras*

Haven't you had enough of blonde haired blue eyed princes ravaging your kingdom, destroying your city and corrupting your little magic puddle..Do you really want a repeat of that and this time there won't be 10% left in survivors.

At least the same Ranger General that so magnificently led the defence of Glorious Quel'Thalas is still alive (so to speak) to have another chance at it..Maybe she can guitar side in front of Anduin and compare the taste of Shalamayne with Frostmourne.
08/09/2018 02:01Posted by Rektem
08/09/2018 01:54Posted by Moridunum
there is no "King of the Alliance" as its just a Supreme Allied Commander like the NATO has one.

Well thats why I blame blizzards "awesome" writing. They shown completely different things then they tell. Its anoyying.

08/09/2018 06:38Posted by Shiar
07/09/2018 11:21Posted by Erevien
So this has become another human/alliance circle jerk fest thread. Alright, out of the door it is then. *grabs his Nightborne pals and sets off to burn Kul Tiras*

At least the same Ranger General that so magnificently led the defence of Glorious Quel'Thalas is still alive (so to speak) to have another chance at it..Maybe she can guitar side in front of Anduin and compare the taste of Shalamayne with Frostmourne.

Thats harsh man, harsh! Atleast she tried her best. And was it not for betrayel within, the High Elves would've survived the Scourge onslaught as agic shield was impenetrable.
08/09/2018 06:38Posted by Shiar
Haven't you had enough of blonde haired blue eyed princes ravaging your kingdom, destroying your city and corrupting your little magic puddle..Do you really want a repeat of that and this time there won't be 10% left in survivors.

You ain't gonna scare me light bubbler hearthstone caster.
08/09/2018 09:01Posted by Moridunum
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well thats why I blame blizzards "awesome" writing. They shown completely different things then they tell. Its anoyying.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thats harsh man, harsh! Atleast she tried her best. And was it not for betrayel within, the High Elves would've survived the Scourge onslaught as agic shield was impenetrable.

Wasn't that treason happened because of certain ranger-general blundered time and time again?

Wasn't that treason happened because of certain ranger-general blundered time and time again?

The treason, as far as I know, had nothing to do with the Ranger-General and more to do with a said traitor wanting more power then he could handle. And being willing to doom his entire race and Kingdom for it.

I always assumed those two things stood apart, but I am not that wel versed in Quel'dorei history to be certain of it.

No it did'nt

had Darkhan not betrayed the High elves the might have held the scourge indefinetely
Sylvanas couldn't help it if a traitor started tampering with the great Highborne's magic, who was seeking to undo all of their hard work, to see the city that they crafted, fall to an army of walking corpses.

However, she did just keep falling further and further back and soon my "Sylvanas is good at one thing: retreating" meme was born.
08/09/2018 20:10Posted by Qbi
No it did'nt

had Darkhan not betrayed the High elves the might have held the scourge indefinetely

I am fairly certain the High Elves were doomed regardless of the betrayal or not. It was only a matter of time before they would've fell.
08/09/2018 20:20Posted by Frozengrip
08/09/2018 20:10Posted by Qbi
No it did'nt

I am fairly certain the High Elves were doomed regardless of the betrayal or not. It was only a matter of time before they would've fell.

Nobody can truly be sure, however I do believe that they would have held out for quite a long time. The barrier held against the Orcish Warlocks and Red Dragons during the Second War, which speaks volumes about the power of the barrier.

Also, this was crafted by Highborne from Queen Azshara's court and they were no pushovers in their protective arcane sorcery.
08/09/2018 20:20Posted by Frozengrip

No. The Sunwell could have been turning the tide in their favor. With the betrayal they would have much more time to prepare a strike against the attacking army.
08/09/2018 20:23Posted by Minairia
Nobody can truly be sure, however I do believe that they would have held out for quite a long time. The barrier held against the Orcish Warlocks and Red Dragons during the Second War, which speaks volumes about the power of the barrier.

Also, this was crafted by Highborne from Queen Azshara's court and they were no pushovers in their protective arcane sorcery.

08/09/2018 20:24Posted by Erevien
No. The Sunwell could have been turning the tide in their favor. With the betrayal they would have much more time to prepare a strike against the attacking army.

The High Elves were all out of options. The Scourge would have broken through the barrier eventually. You can't beat the Scourge in open warfare so most regrouping/counter attacks would have ended badly. If the Sunwell was as powerful to drive off the Scourge then they would have done it straight away and not have waited as long.

While yes, it is uncertain whether or not the Scourge would have broken through it is the most likely outcome by a long shot. The only weakness of the Scourge was that they were on a soft timer. A better question is whether the Scourge could've broken through in time to resurrect Kel' which is a lot more closer.
I do not fully understand how belves vs nelves was the only argument that was considered when deciding their allegiance. To me it felt like choosing one clique over another based on the fact that one of them happened to have your cousin in it that you could relate to while the other had the cousin you couldnt stand. But then you completely ignore the other members of the clique who your favourite cousin has wounded up with, specifically all the fel druggies and genociders with a rather colourful history of war crimes. Same goes for the HM moose people but whatever.

All that said, it is clear that not only did they choose horde over alliance, they have already fully committed too, without remorse.

If I tried to find a more elaborate reason as to why theyre doing this instead of simply dismissing it as bad writing, which could just about explain all discrepancies and 180 degree personality changes weve been seeing a lot as of late, then its just that being liberated from a near-genocide and tyranny does not make the said victims any better.

In the first world we seem to cling to this notion that emerging from victimhood ought to make us better people more capable of empathy, esp in regards to those who suffer a similar fate. This isnt always the case. Sometimes yesterdays victims become todays perpetrators.

Thats just a more polite way of saying that the NB are ungrateful c*nts no different from the brown-nosing nobility of theirs that we slew during Legion. Character development has once again been swept under the rug. Hurrdurr save us, were not like those evil fel-sucking elisandre worshipping xenophobes. Yes, you are, once given the chance.

Its just in their nature though, they cant help it. Just like most orcs cant help being bloodthirsty pillagers as long as you give them even a single half-arsed reason to be. Thats why we ought to put them all down.
06/09/2018 20:27Posted by Araphant
Who else thinks we need more human paladins on the forums?

I came running as soon as I saw this, 1st post in years

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
07/09/2018 22:09Posted by Arctur
07/09/2018 21:49Posted by Qbi
You are a hypocrite.

So are you.

Your viewpoint is that genocide is ok as long as its "those" people who you feel deserved it.

No, My viewpoint is that the orcs are in no position to claim the moral highground over Daelin Proudmoore, when their history is stained with one attempted genocide, and two carried out genocides, as well as just a general history of murder, corruption, slavery and destruction.

But you are to cowardly to directly say so so you make up reasons to justify it.

You are the one who presumes to have the right to put words in my mouth, I never said that I endorsed Daelin Proudmoore's actions, and if I did, it was in-character since everyone basically devolved into roleplayin.

By your point of view Trolls would be justified to exterminate humans if they could since humans dit indeed wiped every Troll they could thousands of years ago.

Aside from the fact that humans did not attempt to commit genocide on the trolls long ago, and were indeed mostly focused on fighting amongst each other, and only joined the Troll Wars out of fear that Strom would fall if Quel'thalas were to lose, then yes. And like that, if we apply your own twisted logic, the Black Empire is justified to exterminate the zandalari, and every other azerothian race, since they stole rightful Black Empire's land.

So are you.

No i consider genocide to be wrong no matte3\r who perpetrates it youcondiser it to be wrong only when you are not the one doing it.

No, My viewpoint is that the orcs are in no position to claim the moral highground over Daelin Proudmoore, when their history is stained with one attempted genocide, and two carried out genocides, as well as just a general history of murder, corruption, slavery and destruction.

Daelin chose to pursue a war of extermination after Mount Hyjal and after the Horde and Alliance worked together to defeat the burning legion looking to kill Orcs born after the second war who had nothing to do with the atrocities of the second war so yes Daelin Proudmoore was a genocidal maniac and much of the issues today are a result of his actions.

You are the one who presumes to have the right to put words in my mouth, I never said that I endorsed Daelin Proudmoore's actions, and if I did, it was in-character since everyone basically devolved into roleplayin.

A craven dishonest coward you remain.

Fine RP in character as an Orc.

As an Orc born in the internment camps after the second war i owe you nothing in regards to the second war.

And i will never ever apologize for actions i had no part in

Sylvanas is right in that you will never stop seeking the extermination of my people as your own words have proven no matter how many times we save the world

You are no less a monster then those you denounce the difference is that you are too cowardly too openly state so .

RP as an Orc of.

You are a clear examples of the one set of conduct for you and ond set of conduct for "others"

Aside from the fact that humans did not attempt to commit genocide on the trolls long ago, and were indeed mostly focused on fighting amongst each other, and only joined the Troll Wars out of fear that Strom would fall if Quel'thalas were to lose, then yes. And like that, if we apply your own twisted logic, the Black Empire is justified to exterminate the zandalari, and every other azerothian race, since they stole rightful Black Empire's land.

Actually they did and the most recent attempts where not that long ago.

Humans tried to exterminate the darkspear tribe twice.

But this is who you are afterall.

Its right when you do it but wrong when they do it.

Actually they did and the most recent attempts where not that long ago.

Humans tried to exterminate the darkspear tribe twice.

But this is who you are afterall.

Its right when you do it but wrong when they do it.

I thought it were the Naga and Murlocs who attempted to genocide the Darkspear Tribe on the Echo Isles, instead of the Humans? Seems I missed something here!
07/09/2018 22:34Posted by Arctur
07/09/2018 22:31Posted by Araphant

Not true. Stormwind clashed with the Gurubashi in a series of border skirmishes, caused by Stormwind's slow push towards Stranglethorn valley. The land of the kingdom itself was not troll land.

Besides, the gurubashi was one of the tribes that arose to challenge the zandalari for TERRITORY and POWER. I guess that it's fine only when the trolls do it.

Where did you get it from? Both twin empires set off in order to establish their own territories but aspiring to create them as great as Zandalari's ones. They didn't do it in order to fight Zandalari but to impress them that they're just as much capable.

And the sad part about pre-saundering map is, that if it wouldn't be for nelven greed there would be enough land to share with other races. But nah! Nelves wanted troll trerritories as well, and then they destroyed this wrold reducing it's inhabitable territory.