The more I see of Bwonsamdi...

General
the more I am sure it was him who put that crazy idea into Vol'Jins head to make Sylvanas Warchief...

I mean, think about it, it makes sense.
Vol'jin was dying, so it would only be natural for the Loa of death to be there, plus, Bwonsamdi is the Loa of the Darkspears if I am not mistaken, and I am sure that Bwonsamdi is a big Fan of
murderes like Sylvanas.
01/09/2018 20:19Posted by Mynostro

Vol'Jhin was dying, so it would only be natural for the Loa of death to be there, and I am sure that Bwonsamdi is a big Fan of Sylvanas.
It is pretty well established that Bwomsamdi loathes the undead because they retain their soul meaning he does not get it.
He may have put it into Vol'jin's ear for some ulterior motive, but being fond of Sylvanas is not part of that motive.

Unless of course Blizz decides to say F it again and just 180 things as they like to do :p
Vol'jin would not become loa for being a stupid puppet
It's Vol'jin
01/09/2018 20:23Posted by Murlocleave

Vol'Jhin was dying, so it would only be natural for the Loa of death to be there, and I am sure that Bwonsamdi is a big Fan of Sylvanas.
It is pretty well established that Bwomsamdi loathes the undead because they retain their soul meaning he does not get it.
He may have put it into Vol'jin's ear for some ulterior motive, but being fond of Sylvanas is not part of that motive.

Unless of course Blizz decides to say F it again and just 180 things as they like to do :p

Maybe, but he might have guessed that she would turn to pure genocide, and maybe found a way to get hold of the spirits killed by her.
To me it makes more sense it was a corrupted loa that told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief, hoping the Horde would fall apart because of it and only having the Alliance left as an enemy. And Alliance would be so relaxed after Horde is dismantled and gone, they'd never see the attack on them coming.

(At least that's the idea. The Horde is obviously never going to fall apart)
I'm not so sure. We don't know what the relationship is between Bwonsamdi and Helya, if there even is one, beyond them being two different "death gods."

I don't think it's coincidence that Helya isn't out of commission and even getting stronger, during the war Sylvanas initiated. It's blatantly obvious that whatever Sylvanas is doing is to the benefit of Helya and perhaps her "boss" (if Bwonsamdi and Helya share the same boss). Must be something to do with the deal Syl made for that lantern.

Whether the Loa had anything to do with making her Warchief for their own ends, all depends if Helya has any relationship with them. We have no clue.

My guess is that the whole Azerite 'strike before being striked' is a total red herring, an absolute fantasy, and Sylvanas is purposefully making herself an "enemy of life" because of that deal she made with Helya. We never found out what that deal entailed, but you'd presume dealing with death comes with a cost.

Now if Helya is somehow related to the Loa, it would explain why Sylvanas was made Warchief in the first place. I doubt it was entirely coincidental.
I'm 90% it's not him, especially when Vol'Jin's last words was "Spirits granted me a vision".

not a Loa.

Spirits is prular form. Bwonsamdi is just one.
Also he never gave impression that he was involved in this.
And lastly he is concerned about troll well being. He was good friend with Vol'Jin and Vol'Jin wasn't murderous hobo.

01/09/2018 20:42Posted by Darklight
Now if Helya is somehow related to the Loa, it would explain why Sylvanas was made Warchief in the first place. I doubt it was entirely coincidental.

Bwonsamdi is older than Helya. He predates Trolls.
the more I am sure it was him who put that crazy idea into Vol'Jins head to make Sylvanas Warchief...

I mean, think about it, it makes sense.
Vol'jin was dying, so it would only be natural for the Loa of death to be there, plus, Bwonsamdi is the Loa of the Darkspears if I am not mistaken, and I am sure that Bwonsamdi is a big Fan of
murderes like Sylvanas.

You are way too obsessed with Sylvanas...its not normal.
01/09/2018 20:45Posted by Zakkaru

That's what he says himself - and he is a trickster ;)
He looks Darkspear enough. Some kind of ancient Darspear Witch Doctor that made a deal with Death and became it's Loa.

Yeah, no. Helya is the older of the two.

She was one of the first Titan-forged watchers created to fight the Black Empire.

Bwonsamdi MAY have been referring to the fact that he was a "death god" first, which could be true, we have no idea when Helya rebelled. He sure as hell isn't older though.
01/09/2018 21:25Posted by Darklight

Yeah, no. Helya is the older of the two.

She was one of the first Titan-forged watchers created to fight the Black Empire.

Bwonsamdi MAY have been referring to the fact that he was a "death god" first, which could be true, we have no idea when Helya rebelled. He sure as hell isn't older though.

Bwonsamdi is Old as the Azeroth itself. He even said in Nazmir that the bargain he makes with player exists since the dawn of the world.

He is not Wild God but something that came from death realm I suppose and took form of a troll to conciliate with them.
01/09/2018 21:07Posted by Kaelgar

That's what he says himself - and he is a trickster ;)
He looks Darkspear enough. Some kind of ancient Darspear Witch Doctor that made a deal with Death and became it's Loa.

Or some ancient Troll that made a deal with N'zoth ;)
I also saw the T&E video.
01/09/2018 21:25Posted by Darklight
we have no idea when Helya rebelled

Soon after the fall of the Black Empire or in the middle of that battle, as it was Odyn forcing the shieldmaidens to turn into valkyr that made her turn on Odyn. This according to Chronicle pt. 1.

Gz, you have figured out something that is one of the biggest theory since the moment Vol'Jin put Sylvanas in place, two years ago. :p

However, yes, I feel like it can very well be true.
01/09/2018 22:20Posted by Jesi

Or some ancient Troll that made a deal with N'zoth ;)

Old Gods doesn't have dominion over death, and that is what Bwonsamdi is representing as a Loa.

Meanwhile Shadowlands are still unexplored domain in the Lore, there is huge potential of actual development. Not everything in the game is about Light/Void.

Remember the Three Sisters comic, how Void whispers freaked out when they saw Sylvanas. I wonder how Alleria's whispers would react if Bwonsamdi would play a trick on her :>
------------------------------------

As for which spirit whispered the name to Vol'jin it most likely was Shadra.
Bwonsamdi is a very No-no about undead, and he only uses them in case of need as this is his only power, but after they lose their purpose he claims them again.
Meanwhile Shadra ever since "Shadows of the Horde" was described as a Loa of Secrets and was one of many Loa's who aproached Vol'jin in his visions and tested him.
It's only logical she found out about Zul's scheming and set things in motion to both try to stop things from happening and ascend Vol'jin.

It's just my theory tho.
01/09/2018 22:32Posted by Faolanhart

link pls
02/09/2018 06:39Posted by Mynostro
01/09/2018 22:32Posted by Faolanhart

link pls

https://youtu.be/8vrc_6YiIyE
There ya go. Its a good one.